PDA

View Full Version : 2 guys who decalred are at the top of my wish list!

X-Era
01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Super Mario Williams could be the next Peppers and would mean a real shot at Brady!

But my biggest wish is Vernon Davis, hes a better prospect than Kellen Winslow Jr. What a weapon he could be for a young QB and if Moulds leaves.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Look at this fuggin guy:

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="97%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"><td>Vernon Davis</td> <td rowspan="7" width="35%">
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="166"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right top;" background="images/blast.gif" height="97" valign="middle">
CDS
Top #45 Pick!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>School</td> <td width="44%">Marylandhttp://condraft.com/images/ascv.jpg (http://condraft.com/goto.php?g=college&id=26)</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Class</td> <td>2007</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Height</td> <td>603.0</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Weight</td> <td>250</td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Speed</td> <td>4.41 (Unofficial) </td> </tr> <tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>Position</td> <td> TE </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#000066"> <td bgcolor="#000066" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" height="19" width="1%">http://condraft.com/images/p4_free.jpg</td> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" width="99%">Stats</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"> <td> 2004: 27 receptions, 441 yards, 16.3 avg., 3 TDs </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><table align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000066" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#000066"> <td bgcolor="#000066" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" height="19" width="1%">http://condraft.com/images/p4_free.jpg</td> <td background="images/p4r_free.jpg" width="99%">CDS Profile </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="22"><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bordercolor="000066"> <td>
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/md/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/214023.jpeg

Vernon Davis was another player in the ACC that had a breakout year in 2004. Davis emerged onto the scene last season and became one of the Terrapins most dangerous offensive weapons. Davis played many positions last season often lining up at tight end and fullback while occasionally lining up at the wide receiver position. Davis is an athletic freak who holds many workout records at Maryland in both speed and strength tests. He is extremely strong but also very fast as evidenced by his unofficial 4.41 40 time during spring practices. Davis became a complete tight end last season having made a very visible effort to improve his blocking ability through improved technique and film study. Davis is still young and still learning the terrapin offense but the physical tools are there and all he has to do is continue to work on the other aspects of the game and he could be a force not only at the college ranks but also in the NFL.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/football/ncaa/10/30/bc.fbc.floridast.maryl.ap/p1_maryland_ap.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

elltrain22
01-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Couldn't agree more w/ you. First off, Mario Williams can flat out play, and will be a fantastic pro, and Vernon Davis is sick. My wish list is as follows:

1.) D'Brickshaw Fergeson
2.) Vernon Davis
3.) Mario Williams
4.) Mathias Kiwanka

ublinkwescore
01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Couldn't agree more w/ you. First off, Mario Williams can flat out play, and will be a fantastic pro, and Vernon Davis is sick. My wish list is as follows:
1.) D'Brickshaw Fergeson
2.) Vernon Davis
3.) Mario Williams
4.) Mathias Kiwanka

Damn it, TE is not a position of need until we see what Kevin Everrett is capable of - the rest of the people on that list I can stomach - with Williams being the most likely (if he is the next Peppers/Freeney, we take him without second thought or hesitation).

X-Era
01-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Damn it, TE is not a position of need until we see what Kevin Everrett is capable of - the rest of the people on that list I can stomach - with Williams being the most likely (if he is the next Peppers/Freeney, we take him without second thought or hesitation).
moulds is about to be gone, evans will be double teamed, everett hasnt played a down, and te isnt a need?thats not true.it isnt the biggest need, but davis may be the best available player at 8.just wait till his combine results, his stock will sky rocket.hes a stud who can help jp day one like shockey to eli

HAMMER
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Super Mario Williams could be the next Peppers and would mean a real shot at Brady!

But my biggest wish is Vernon Davis, hes a better prospect than Kellen Winslow Jr. What a weapon he could be for a young QB and if Moulds leaves.

You deserve to be banned, TE? No, we need help on both lines. Everett was drafted as the player to fill the role you speak of, why draft another player with the same attributes? Wake up.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 06:51 PM
You deserve to be banned, TE? No, we need help on both lines. Everett was drafted as the player to fill the role you speak of, why draft another player with the same attributes? Wake up.

Waking up is exactly what you should do my friend.

There are just as many lineman that fail as QB's from the 1st round.

Now, I have NO problem with drafting a lineman on either side of the ball, but NONE short of D'Brick are worthy of the 8th pick at this point. I WOULD NOT reach for ANYONE.

When your 29th in O and D, you can use just about ANY bigtime player. Davis is one of those guys. Mark Campbell strikes fear in no one and Everrett hasnt played a down. Moulds may just be gone, and like I said Evans may get double teamed, that makes the underneath open, you add a guy like Davis who will drag DB's down the field to score and you keep drives moving to score points.

There are ALOT of players who can help on both sides of the line. You want to draft a DT? me too, but not at 8. You want a OT?" not sure we need one at 8, Peters looks like a great young RT or even LT prospect, Gnady has been a pleasant suprise and certainly can play RT if nothing else. OT's take years to develop, a playmaker in the 1st could help right away. I want an OT too, but as a replacement for Gandy in a few years, which makes it NOT our biggest need. I STILL wouldnt mind it, but again no on e is worthy of the 8th pick besides D'Brick and hes gone by then.

I expect Ralph to put his money where his mouth is and get somne bigtime guys in FA, Hutch wontr be leaving, LeCharles? In NO? Yeah I can see him coming here, Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, Chris Hovan, Larry Tripplett? Yeah I could see at least one coming here. Al can play day one unlike the 1st rounder DT or OT most likely.

Ralph is smarter than you and knows what bigtime playmakers can do to help a team. Davis is that type of player and it wouldnt shock me if the Bills look off a reach DT or OT and take DB, DE, or even TE.

Any makes more of an impact day one than a OT or maybe even a DT.

ublinkwescore
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
We don't know that Moulds is gone yet.

You didn't find it rather interesting that the Moulds/Mularkey incident garnered Ralph's attention?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Ralph knows how much the fans love EMo.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
We don't know that Moulds is gone yet.

You didn't find it rather interesting that the Moulds/Mularkey incident garnered Ralph's attention?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Ralph knows how much the fans love EMo.

Dude, its the day after the last game of the regular season. A TON of things can change. I only comment on where we are today.

Right now, it looks that Moulds is unlikely to accept a HUGE paycut, demotion to the #2 WR role, possibly a whole new coaching staff, and a FORCED youngster in JP starting.

I dont see him taking all those hits (in his mind).

Maybe he does, and I would love to have him go out to pasture right here in Buff, But NOT at his current contract, NOT as the #1 WR, and NOT as a guy wuestioning every movew for a team on the pivot trying to build itself yet again.

If he comes back under the proper circumstances, I would LOVE it. But I doubt Eric's ego lets him do it, and an article said its 50/50 that he would at this point. I dont have a linky.

Mahdi
01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I agree with M. Williams..he's an impact player on D that we definitely need..but I'd rather see what Everett can do before drafting a tight end with our first pick let alone on the first day at all.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with M. Williams..he's an impact player on D that we definitely need..but I'd rather see what Everett can do before drafting a tight end with our first pick let alone on the first day at all.

Right now, evryone would agree with you. But I cant shale my gut feeling that when all is said and done, Davis will be talked about in the likes of Shockey, Gates, and Gonzales. If you can add the next Gallery or Gates who would YOU take? The choice is easy to me.

I hope Everett proves to be good, and I dont doubt that TE isnt our biggest need. But, if Davis ends up being what I think he is, we would be VERY wise to take him and use the offseason for all its worth. That means getting a OT in round 2, and a DT from FA.

You just cant get guys like Gates and MANY MANY GM's would give his left nut for a Gates. Davis is that type of player.

Enough hype, its too early. Just watch and see. I tend to do pretty well on the draft, I feel REAL strong on Davis.

ublinkwescore
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
the lineman - we've already got a very solid running back, recievers, and solid TEs - we need the linemen to make it all work.

X-Era
01-02-2006, 07:59 PM
the lineman - we've already got a very solid running back, recievers, and solid TEs - we need the linemen to make it all work.

Where exactly did you see that I didnt think O and D lineman are MUST haves for us?

I didnt say that. What I said was that I wasnt willing to REACH for one when other potentially great players may be at the 8th pick.

patmoran2006
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
davis IS sick and will be another Gates in this league (well perhaps).. But the bills cant afford to go TE with the 8th pick in the draft.

clumping platelets
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
We should grab the best P at #8

Never know when Brian Moorman will be hurt

X-Era
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
We should grab the best P at #8

Never know when Brian Moorman will be hurt

Et Tu Brute'?

I know its controversial, but an attack from you?

Dude? Who exactly is worthy of that pick to you?

Sportsuser101
01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I like Lewis just as much as I like Davis but I don't think we're drafting a TE. I think Everett will be good for us.

ublinkwescore
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Et Tu Brute'?

I know its controversial, but an attack from you?

Dude? Who exactly is worthy of that pick to you?

Well, our team is in too poor of shape to take a non positional need with #8.

We have no option but to get either a gamebreaker DE, monster DT, or the best OT/G available.

Personally, I'd rather we address the OT/G position by FA - pay some talent damnit. Then go for the best player on the board. If we've made some OL noise in the FA before the draft, I hope we get that gamebreaker DE Mario Williams, or Haloti Ngata with our #1 - god knows we need it. After, and only after all of that has happened would I like to see us go after the best player available to add depth to hopefully increase our chances at those diamonds in the rough like Terrell Davis or Keenan McCardell or Pat Williams.

Bmax
01-03-2006, 01:56 AM
With the 89 year old owner talking about being involved in the draft .. i doubt that we will take a te...My bet is we will go right down the middle and take the best Dl or OL guy available.

Oh and we won't trade the pick either unless we trade up.....

Bmax

TypicalBill
01-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Keep hearing Everett hasn't proven anything .. Has Vernon Davis proven anything yet?

TedMock
01-03-2006, 08:02 AM
We'll never get Davis. We can't afford to go after him early, and he'll never be around late in the draft. Too bad though. This guy is an absolute BEAST. Not only is he one of the best receiving TE's in the nation, but he is one heck of a blocker. He's extremely athletic and plays with a sick mean streak. I hope Everett pans out, but he's not Davis.

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Players I would rather have at #8 besides Davis (who on any board is a reach)

1. Mario Williams
2. Haloti Ngata
3. Jimmy Williams
4. Mathias Kiwanuka
5. A.J. Hawk
6. Michael Huff
7. Tamba Hali
8. Rod Wright

With no big time WR's and a bunch of OT's projecting to late 1st early 2nd, I would take a defensive impact player. Ngata would immediately help turn around the run defense. Williams would finally give us an end that teams will look to double. Jimmy Williams would give WR's something to actually worry about. We have no scary hitters among our DB's. Hawk we probably don't need, but he's worth the pick. Huff, see JW. Kiwanuka, see Mario W. Wright, see Ngata. Tamba Hali is just an extremely solid, talented, hard-working player who is equally as good against the run as the pass.

ublinkwescore
01-03-2006, 11:03 AM
what does tamba hali play?

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
DE Penn State

You can watch him tonight! :up:

GO PSU!!!!!

Billsouth
01-03-2006, 12:25 PM
our defensive ends r not our weakness. in fact schoebel was 5th in sacks this year. WE ARE WEAK at Defensive tackle and in our secondary (especially when clements signs with cleveland for 70 million)

we need o-line, d tackles, vet qb (too bad cannot draft one), additional tight ends (would not waste #8 pick on)