PDA

View Full Version : Great idea starting Holcomb yesterday

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Nothing like 4 INT's and 2 fumbles and a loss to the Jets who have been out of the playoff race since Week 6 to build momentum towards next season.

MM is a freaking ******. He should be fired for this alone. While our young QB who needs experience is on the sideline in the last worthless game of the season Holcomb is out there turning the ball over 4 times and losing to the Jets.

Now next season comes along and JP still isn't battle tested enough due to Mularkey playing Holcomb just so he could finish 1-4 durning his last 5 starts. Five starts that could've gotten JP much needed experience. I'm sure JP could've finished 1-4 in them 4 games too. But hey he said we can win with Holcomb and that's why he was playing.

Great idea, Mularkey. What other kind of great visions do you have for us you crazy zen master?

feelthepain
01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
First of all it's a division game and Holcomb could of had a career day, you had a chance to win the game till your ST gave up a huge play. You think it's Holcomb but I don't see one word about the talent of your Oline!! I guess your QB and HC are the only ones resposible for the season.

BillsFever21
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
First of all it's a division game and Holcomb could of had a career day, you had a chance to win the game till your ST gave up a huge play. You think it's Holcomb but I don't see one word about the talent of your Oline!! I guess your QB and HC are the only ones resposible for the season.

We also had a chance to win on the last 2 possesions till Holcomb threw another INT and then fumbled on the last possesion to seal the game.

Turf
01-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Who gives a **** if we won. Billsfever is right. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to sit Losman. Mularkey is an idiot.

feelthepain
01-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Who gives a **** if we won. Billsfever is right. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to sit Losman. Mularkey is an idiot.

Lets say your right about JP for the simple fact that he needs the experience especially since you had nothing to play for. Why would MM play Holcomb knowing the future QB needs the reps??? Colud it be that MM is an idiot with no love for his own job or maybe, just maybe the other players don't want JP on the field like is being reported?? If you were HC and the team as a whole didn't want him on the field what would you do??? If you wanted whats best for the team and you wanted to win you'd play Holcomb too.

feelthepain
01-02-2006, 06:59 PM
We also had a chance to win on the last 2 possesions till Holcomb threw another INT and then fumbled on the last possesion to seal the game.

Rival games are tough I don't care what the records are. Not every QB in the league will have a great game every week. Just the week before Holcomb had a great game. Infact Holcomb had several very solid games this year, JP didn't. I think JP is out because of JP not the coach.

Michael82
01-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Excellent Thread! :bf1:

If anything gets Mularkey fired, it will be his idiotic treatment to JP Losman and how badly he ****ed up our year that was supposed to be development time. :mad:

jmb1099
01-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Rival games are tough I don't care what the records are. Not every QB in the league will have a great game every week. Just the week before Holcomb had a great game. Infact Holcomb had several very solid games this year, JP didn't. I think JP is out because of JP not the coach.
You're just bitter about Feely...take a deep breath and let it out you'll feel much better

feelthepain
01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
You're just bitter about Feely...take a deep breath and let it out you'll feel much better

Thats hilarious :lmao: I could care less I was wrong about AJ!!! I'll say it a thousand times, I was wrong...woopeeee!!! Like you've never been wrong before, It happens. Great NFL and college coaches have been wrong, so I guess I'm in good company!! Thats all right though, the Fins are on the verge of being a top team again and you and the Bills, well lets just say... aren't. I hope with every fiber in my body Miami dominates under Saban, he's off to a good start!!:funny:

dannyek71
01-03-2006, 07:23 AM
KH was started the last game (maybe 2, I dont remember that injury) because MM and TD were trying to win 2 more games this season so they could say they went 6-10 instead of 4-12. Sacrifice the future for 2 meaningless games. Ive had it with MM and TD

mysticsoto
01-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Lets say your right about JP for the simple fact that he needs the experience especially since you had nothing to play for. Why would MM play Holcomb knowing the future QB needs the reps??? Colud it be that MM is an idiot with no love for his own job or maybe, just maybe the other players don't want JP on the field like is being reported?? If you were HC and the team as a whole didn't want him on the field what would you do??? If you wanted whats best for the team and you wanted to win you'd play Holcomb too.

That's the whole point. MM played Holcomb b'cse he felt Holcomb gave them the best chance to win and that it might be enough to save his job if the Bills ended with 2 good wins at the end of the season. But instead of doing what was more important - which was to continue to develop JP for next year, and add more experience to his development, instead of testing different players to see who should stay and who should go in what could prove to be a massive purge of players next year, he chose to treat the game as a must win for his career - that alone should get him fired!!! Anyone who puts their personal goals over the franchise shouldn't be here. Moulds was punished for this by a game suspension and he's just a player. How should the coach be punished? If the person at the top running the team and telling them what to do doesn't have the franchise as a priority, how can a team hope to succeed?

feelthepain
01-03-2006, 11:27 AM
That's the whole point. MM played Holcomb b'cse he felt Holcomb gave them the best chance to win and that it might be enough to save his job if the Bills ended with 2 good wins at the end of the season. But instead of doing what was more important - which was to continue to develop JP for next year, and add more experience to his development, instead of testing different players to see who should stay and who should go in what could prove to be a massive purge of players next year, he chose to treat the game as a must win for his career - that alone should get him fired!!! Anyone who puts their personal goals over the franchise shouldn't be here. Moulds was punished for this by a game suspension and he's just a player. How should the coach be punished? If the person at the top running the team and telling them what to do doesn't have the franchise as a priority, how can a team hope to succeed?

You can't blame MM for lack of talent. TD is the one that got rid of most the players that MM coached to a 9-7 record and then TD replaced those players with nothing. No addition last season in FA, just subtraction. Then TD has a terrible draft. I think his last two drafts were terrible. How can you blame MM for not having the weapons because TD refuses to draft or bring in FA to help the team??

Novacane
01-03-2006, 11:32 AM
1 more reason to get rid of MM. Fin fans defending him :lmao:

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2006, 11:48 AM
the players dont like JP, at least thats the rumor thats been comin out. I agree it was stupid not to play him, but i think MM was just trying to find a QB his players would play for. This whole situation is a freakin mess.

BillsFever21
01-03-2006, 11:57 AM

The horrible thing is Mularkey coached that game like his career was on the line and STILL lost to the pathetic Jets. This guy is a waste.