PDA

View Full Version : If the Levy rumor is true, I bet its as President NOT GM!

X-Era
01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
He very well get Halsett, but he also is a friend of Shott.

Levy is a proven leader, a great guy, and a very good talent evaluator. But he isnt a proven businessman. If Levy is the GM, does anyone believe we wont end up with another Butler? Overspending on HIS favorites? I agree that we will sell a TON of seats, but that doesnt win games.

Id Love to give the guy a shot, but is THIS the time to do it? How about letting him run something other than GM or Pres for a while and if it pans out he takes over.

Overall, if there was ever gonna be an unproven GM that I would root for, this is it.

Id love for Levy to come in and save the franchise, what a great story.

I guess Id be suprised he wants that job at all. Who the hell wants to be the man getting all the grief on this losers team at this point? Hes a hall of fame coach, why tarnish it by getting linked to the mess that TD built?

Again, I cant agree that its a smart business move to sign a green as JP GM like Levy, but if it works out it coudl be our greatest stroy every here in Buff.

Yes, I can see Haslett being our new HC. Maybe even Kelly as our OC or QB coach, hell, Thruman can probably coach the RB's.

losman2evans
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Levy as president
Modrak as GM? or better may be Wolfe ( ex Green Bay GM )

a possibility

Haslett as HC
Gray as DC
Sam Wyche ( spelling ) as OC
McNally? great reputation- but hasn't shown much here in Buffalo

Keep Bobby April at ST

Nighthawk
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
He very well get Halsett, but he also is a friend of Shott.

Levy is a proven leader, a great guy, and a very good talent evaluator. But he isnt a proven businessman. If Levy is the GM, does anyone believe we wont end up with another Butler? Overspending on HIS favorites? I agree that we will sell a TON of seats, but that doesnt win games.

Id Love to give the guy a shot, but is THIS the time to do it? How about letting him run something other than GM or Pres for a while and if it pans out he takes over.

Overall, if there was ever gonna be an unproven GM that I would root for, this is it.

Id love for Levy to come in and save the franchise, what a great story.

I guess Id be suprised he wants that job at all. Who the hell wants to be the man getting all the grief on this losers team at this point? Hes a hall of fame coach, why tarnish it by getting linked to the mess that TD built?

Again, I cant agree that its a smart business move to sign a green as JP GM like Levy, but if it works out it coudl be our greatest stroy every here in Buff.

Yes, I can see Haslett being our new HC. Maybe even Kelly as our OC or QB coach, hell, Thruman can probably coach the RB's.

I can live with him being Pres, but not directly involved in football operations. Where has he ever shown to be a great talent evaluator? Yes, he was a good coach, but I don't seem to remember him ever winning a SB. In fact, I believe a lot of people on this site would say he was part of the reason that those teams, with all that talent assembled for him, didn't win the big one. It's funny how people forget all the bad things and just remember the good. He was notorious for not firing his friends (i.e. - Walt Corey), so how does that make for an improvement. Please, understand...I loved those SB years, but I think that team was outcoached in everyone of those SB's. So, let's not forget the bad part about Levy, just because we desire change so bad. If changes are made, they need to be made for the franchise to move forward, not just to say we made a change. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.