PDA

View Full Version : The difference in the Cincinnati rebuild and the Buffalo rebuild

Ebenezer
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Already I have seen people talking about how we should pattern ourselves after Cincy and rebuild like they have. There is just one problem with that theory.

When Cincy hired their coach they were bottom dwellers...perenial bottom dwellers with little to no talent on the roster save a couple of younger players that showed potential. Buffalo is a bottom dweller full of vets that was just one game away from the playoffs last year. Is there real talent in the youth department on this team? Maybe in Evans, McGahee, McGee and Losman. That's about it. This rebuild could be really painful and if started tomorrow may not be finished for 2-3 years. What a waste.

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
We have plenty of talent to build around. Just give us a damn offensive line and we will be a different team.

STAMPY
01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
We have plenty of talent to build around. Just give us a damn offensive line and we will be a different team.

and a real DT to play along side Sam Adams. Our run D was a joke

DaBills
01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
They also had a solid duo for QB and WR. We don't.

Mr. Cynical
01-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Buffalo is a bottom dweller full of vets that was just one game away from the playoffs last year.

On paper we were one game away but the reality is that only one team in that 6 game win streak had a winning record. In reality we weren't that close and we would have been summarily bounced in the first round.

I think (hope) we have some talent at the skill positions to build upon. We just need a real GM and a real coach to separate the wheat from the chaff and get some discipline and a winning attitude instilled in this team. (and some miracles on both our lines as well)

gr8slayer
01-03-2006, 12:25 AM
We truly are just a solid OL and DL away from being something special. Maybe we have the talent and its just the coaching? Perhaps McNally isnt all he is cracked up to be? Whatever it is we must get it fixed within the next couple of years if we plan on staying in Buffalo much longer.

clumping platelets
01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
:eb: <---- always looks for the gloom and doom :shakeno:

Historian
01-03-2006, 05:02 AM

This is true. We have boatloads of talent, unfortunately most of it's at the skill positions.

The only question is...how much talent stays, and how much leaves?

The_Philster
01-03-2006, 05:08 AM
and a real DT to play along side Sam Adams. Our run D was a joke
or a real run-stuffer at DT to play in place of Adams if we switch back to a 3-4

don137
01-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Palmer is a big reason why the Bengals resurgence back to respectability. Look at there QBs the last 10-15 years. Kind of reminds me of Buffalo QBs the last 10 years.
While a OL and stud DT is imperative to the rebuilding of the Bills. We also need Losman to make huge strides next year. We are not going to win with Holcomb.
I know the Ravens won with Dilfer but at this point I don't believe we can ride WM's shoulders on offense the way Baltimore relied on Jamal Lewis.

ICE74129
01-03-2006, 07:03 AM

Yeah but AWM he brings up a good point. I feel JP would have got most of the experience he needed this year to be ready for next year had this team not been full of over age vets.

Several of these guys need to go in order to right the ship.