X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Just A Quick View In My Eyes.........

We would no doubt benefit by adding a couple of good players in the middle of both the OL and the DL.

I also dont feel that Posey is what we need at OLB. I know he is quite the popular guy and consistant at OLB but we need a guy who can be a play maker opposite of TKO.

I also dont feel that getting rid of Clements will bring anything possitive to the table. As bad of a year as he had he is still no doubt the best player in our secondary. Maybe we will get lucky and he will realize that Buffalo is home and he is not worth number one money. All in all we are lucky to have a big, strong, fast, physical duo of corners. McGee not so much but Clements will flat out put you on your back.

I personally dont feel that Milloy is our answer at SS either. Although he was at one time a top five SS in the NFL, the game has no doubt passed him up IMO. He is becoming more and more injured as he gets older. We would benefit from drafting a big play SS like a Shawn Taylor or Ed Reed.

Thankfully we have leadership and a few good years left with TKO and Fletcher. Losing TKO may have been the worst thing that could have happened to us this past year. He is no doubt our vocal leader and our leader by example. When he plays the other guys just play meaner and more intense. We will see another Defense next year with his return.

I personally am not one who would like to see Mike Williams outted in Buffalo. I think the guy has great potential and should be given another chance assuming he takes a major paycut and loses 20-30 pounds. His problem is that he lacks the most important thing a lineman can have going for him. Quick feet. Thankfully this is not something that is hard to pick up. One offseason, a few less pounds and we might see a different Mike Williams.

I know I have many opinions, almost done..............

How is getting rid of Eric Moulds a good thing? The guy is IMO our best player on Offense. How is getting rid of your longest tenured player a good thing? The guy showed the last few games that he still has "it." He can still command alot of respect from opposing secondaries. And as Lee Evans gets better so will Moulds' stats. People will start to realize that this is a two headed monster. You either cover Moulds (a great posession WR), or you cover Evans (a threat to take it all the way at any time). Pick your poison. Which one do you double up on?

I have always been a big fan of Chris Kelsay but this year proved to me that he is not a starting NFL DE. The guy has no burst and his strength appears to be average at best. A good DE has at one thing about him that makes him stand out. Usually either speed or strength. Kelsay does not have either. He has a somewhat decent mix of the two but nothing stands out. We must find a way to get more pressure on the QB with four down linemen next season. Having to blitz LB's every play to get pressure is never a good thing.

Holcomb. Although consistant is not a starting caliber QB in the NFL. I know this sounds like a broken record to people who are pro-Holcomb but come on. The guy has no arm, the athleticism of a snail, and lays his WR's out to dry on a consistant basis. Is Losman the answer? As of right now it wouldnt be far stretched to say "no way". But at the same time how the hell do we know? We know what Holcomb brings to the table, he has had every chance to be a starting QB in the NFL and has failed everytime. We have no clue what we have with Losman yet. For all we know he is the second coming of Peyton Manning (just threw any name out there), or perhaps the next Billy Joe Toliver. But HOW DO WE KNOW??? If anyone can give me a solid reason why he is the next so and so you will get a prize. Losman being the answer may be a 50/50 thing but at least there is that other 50% With Holcomb we already know 100% what we have. A solid backup, that is all.

All these people bashing on Willis McGahee have good reason to. I am as big a fan of McGahee as anyone here but the guy ran like he was scared all season long. I personally think he is afraid of being hurt again. I have torn my ACL and can tell you from personal experience that it takes a few years to get over the horror of that kind of pain returning. I can also tell you that I would be scared running behind this OL of ours. As would the majority of RB's in the league. I really think McGahee has the potential to be one of the best RB's in the league and maybe in history. Can you think of another young RB with more potential? There may be those with equal but none that eclipse him. I feel that he, much like Mike Williams would benefit from losing some weight. Maybe ten-fifteen pounds. He just looks way too stiff when he runs, I feel that it is because he is not accustomed to running with so much weight. I have been in football for going on 14 years and honestly think that after OL RB is the most important position on the Offense. I feel comfortable knowing that we have Willis there, I just hope he can figure himself out this off-season. Maybe try to figure out if he wants to be a power back (Fred Taylorish) or a decent combination (Clinton Portisish).

Well guys I know I rambled on too much but I, much like the rest of you love my Buffalo Bills and want nothing more than to see them win every, single, week. Unfortunatly in this league that is not possible. All we can do is hope that Ralph figures out which direction he wants to go in swiftly so we can get this off-season on the road. I am a Zone transplant and I must say this place is a great Bills board. Thanks Zone for a great season, I hope to have many more with you all.

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!!!
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Just A Quick View In My Eyes.........

Or maybe not

Comment

Working...
    X