X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Hey Wys....how about that Travis Brown?

He was terrible! You think Drew was bad....let's look at the stats....

Travis Brown 5/11 for 41 yards 0 TD 0 INT
    Drew Bledsoe 9/11 for 136 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
  • clumping platelets

Drew played with 1st team and Brown played with 3rd and lower

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Give Travis Brown the starting OL, Moulds & Price

Give Bledsoe Tom Schau, Mike Pucillo, Rodney Wright, Andre Rone, and Joe Burns

Then compare the stats....

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        Give Travis Brown the starting OL, Moulds & Price

Give Bledsoe Tom Schau, Mike Pucillo, Rodney Wright, Andre Rone, and Joe Burns

Then compare the stats....
        Brown was also playing AGAINST the Bengals third string and worse!

Let Bledsoe play against the Bengals' third string defensive backfield and see how he does- compare those stats.

That's a straw argument that can be used regarding either situation.

Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• clumping platelets

"Here come the judge...here come the judge"

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

It's not like Brown tossed an INT or anything or got sacked twice in one Q! Oh, and BTW, w/ the first team OL.

He didn't do badly or well. I don't know why anyone is busting on Brown. Looks to me like Rone, Rogers, and Burns were his primaries.

What's the point?

I'd be a little bit more concerned about our apparent inability to establish the run going 7 carries for 11 yards w/ TH in there.

I'm tellin' ya now, if we need to be concerned about our rushing game. It's the key to hanging in there vs. 10 teams in games where they'll have no trouble running on us w/ some of the league's best rushers. It's also key to spreading out the D enough to allow Drew to be great. If our rush isn't respected, Ds will focus on Drew. That's not his best situation for shining.

How good our rushing game is could very well be the difference between Drew being 27TDs/15 INTs, to his being 18 TDs/20 INTs.

While TH only played in 13 games last year, he only averaged greater than 4 ypc in 4 of them, and only better than 3 ypc in 7 of them. We're all holding out hope that he's gonna explode, but from what I saw last night, that explosion had better come next week! If we're starting our starters for an entire half vs. Detroit in our last PS game in hopes of establishing a running game, that wouldn't be a good measure since Detroit's rush D stinks too (24th last year), nor is that the way to go into the RS.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

The reason Mikey is busting on Brown is because people are touting him to be some great QB when he's played less actual game time than RJ did when we got him....and he played worse than RJ did in his appearances with the Jags.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

With Henry's performance, I guess we better hold on to Bryson until the smoke clears.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  The reason Mikey is busting on Brown is because people are touting him to be some great QB when he's played less actual game time than RJ did when we got him....and he played worse than RJ did in his appearances with the Jags.
                  You HIT the nail on head!

Everyone (especially Wys) is acting like Brown is some kind of God. And I haven't seen it. Yeah, he looks poised and looks like he knows what he doing...but to me...he still sucks! He has a nice arm...but doesn't know what to do with it yet! I've seen and liked more out of RJ than Travis Brown! And i'm one of the biggest enemies of RJ...LOL!

Comment

• bduff54
                    • Jul 2002

don't you remember mike, Wys was highly impressed with TB when he looked off a safety in the miami game. if that simple task means your great then sign me up!

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Mike, did you watch the game? Brown had some very nice passes completely DROPPED!!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

BTW, Van Pelt was 3-6 for 11 yards. He looked terrible.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Forgetting Brown for the moment, VP looks just like he always has, like he's just lucky to have a job in the NFL doing anything.

He's a #3. The sooner everyone, including the coaches, realize that, the better off the Bills will be. His arm in his prime looks like Kelly's did the last two seasons of his career where he could only toss for ~ 45 yards on the fly.

Nice guy, but...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

TRAVVVIIISSSS!!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I'll give you that, Wys! AVP is terrible!!! He has looked bad all training camp and his receivers are there to catch...he just underthrows, overthrows or throws the wrong way. He SUCKS! Personally...I love Alex, he's a great guy and all, but his arm is shot, worse than Kelly's was before he retired. I think he'll take a pay cut to help the team and take the 3rd string job back, next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X