PDA

View Full Version : Gray granted permission to Interview in Houston

RedEyE
01-03-2006, 08:59 AM
:bf1: Here's to hoping that he gets it.

Texans let Capers go (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3561160.html)
January 3
Houston Chronicle: "On the day he fired Capers and announced that general manager Charley Casserly will return for his fifth season, Texans owner Bob McNair was granted permission Monday to interview Denver offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, a Houston native, and Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, who played at the University of Texas."

Novacane
01-03-2006, 09:01 AM
:funny: suckers

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2006, 09:02 AM
He's probably just their token black interview.

helmetguy
01-03-2006, 09:14 AM
TAKE IT, JERRY! PLEEEEEEEEZE??????

madness
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM
:pray: Please, please, please.

Philagape
01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Mr. McNair and Mr. Casserly,
Jerry Gray is an outstanding coach and would surely lead your team to championship glory very quickly. He's your savior. Please hire him. We're begging you. We'll throw in a year's supply of wings. And a new SUV.

Historian
01-03-2006, 09:32 AM
...and take Gregg Williams too.

They're a lethal combination!

HAMMER
01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
You guys are great, last year you were all worried about him getting a HC job somewhere this year because he was so good. This year you can't wait to run him out of town. Jerry Grey is not to fault for the performance of this years defense. When you let Pat Williams walk and then lose a top three LB, as well as Williams replacement, bad things happen. That is the middle of your #2 rated defense gone, poof, up in smoke. Jerry Grey didn't become a bad coach overnight.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2006, 09:43 AM
You guys are great, last year you were all worried about him getting a HC job somewhere this year because he was so good. This year you can't wait to run him out of town. Jerry Grey is not to fault for the performance of this years defense. When you let Pat Williams walk and then lose a top three LB, as well as Williams replacement, bad things happen. That is the middle of your #2 rated defense gone, poof, up in smoke. Jerry Grey didn't become a bad coach overnight.

Your right! His blitzing schemes and soft coverage were genius. He just didn't have the '85 Bears there to execute it. I guess Gregg Williams had nothing to do with it either.

Philagape
01-03-2006, 09:43 AM

I assume it was him who told the CBs to play seven yards off on 3rd and 5, and puts Fletcher on Chambers, and plays prevent when leading by less than a touchdown.

Next, please.

ICE74129
01-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Grey needs to go. Without dic k lebeau he wan't much and hasn't done anything since.

But Kubiak will be the next HC there. Gray on the other hand might be the next DC there and that is fine by me!

madness
01-03-2006, 10:26 AM

I'm sorry, but I'd rather go with the odds with a defense like the cover 2 then against the odds with his crazy blitzing schemes. It showed how unreliable it was when you lose one or two important pieces.

Next!

Ferrygoat
01-03-2006, 10:44 AM
When your base defense is a blitzing scheme, and you cant get to the QB your in trouble

Devin
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
He's probably just their token black interview.

Probably but we can hope.

HAMMER
01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, but I'd rather go with the odds with a defense like the cover 2 then against the odds with his crazy blitzing schemes. It showed how unreliable it was when you lose one or two important pieces.

Next!

Next? You arrogant *****, you think you know it all? I guess the teams that are looking to interview Gray for HC positions don't know anything either. Get over yourself!

Philagape
01-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, we sure knew what we were doing when we hired Gregg :ill:

madness
01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Next? You arrogant *****, you think you know it all? I guess the teams that are looking to interview Gray for HC positions don't know anything either. Get over yourself!

I assume it was him who told the CBs to play seven yards off on 3rd and 5, and puts Fletcher on Chambers, and plays prevent when leading by less than a touchdown.

Next, please.

That about sums it up.

As far as the personal attack and that I think I know it all. Not yet, but I'm close. I'll let you know when I get there. :D

Why would a team interview a coach if they didn't know anything? Heck, why would the team even be playing football if they didn't know anything? They must obviously know something. It may not be the right thing, but it should be something. :idunno:

P.S. My ***** is pretty arrogant btw. :up:

BidsJr
01-03-2006, 12:25 PM

Wouldn't an arrogant ***** be the only qualified person to call out someone else as having no right to express an opinion?

You my friend have a lower IQ than Mike Mularkey has career victories.:banned:

BillsFever21
01-03-2006, 12:40 PM

I agree he's not totally at fault but he wasn't good at changing things up during the game when it wasn't working.