PDA

View Full Version : Bills hire new GM, cut 49 Players and fire all coaches!

Patrick76777
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
New GM cleans house

Orchard Park, NY – The Buffalo Bills made the much anticipated move of firing GM Tom Donahoe early this morning. Team owner Ralph Wilson wasted little time not only letting Donahoe go but also in naming his replacement. What comes as a surprise was the fact that the new GM is relatively unknown. Known simply as message board regular OpIvy, the new GM brings years of message board banter to the job.

OpIvy wasted little time putting his master plan into place. His first move was firing head coach Mike Mularkey and his entire coaching staff. In unprecedented fashion, he followed this move by cutting 49 of the 53 players on the Bills active roster. He also cleaned out all players on IR and the practice squad.

The 4 players to survive the roster purge were quarterback JP Losman, Wide Receiver Lee Evans, cornerback/returnman Terrance Mcgee and right tackle Jason Peters.

In his press conference, the new GM stated that he also thought about keeping Willis McGahee, but decided against it, “Willis started out great this year but really faded in the second half”. He continued, “He’s going to ask for a ton of money after his contract is up so I just decided to cut him now and save the aggravation”.

The move did not come without some consequences. As it turns out, the team will have somewhere in the range of 257 million dollars in dead cap space for the 2006 season. The new owner was unconcerned, “These are small details, we’ll make due in 06, what’s important is that we’ll be 80 Million under the cap at the beginning of 2007.

It’s unclear how the new GM plans on fielding a team in 2006. With the dead cap space in 2006 the Bills are currently close to 170 million dollars over the cap. OpIvy stated, “we have 8 picks in the draft this year, I’m going to man this years squad with collage free agents who will show up and play hard every week. I think the NFL will give us a one-year pass on the cap. It’s either that or we just forfeit the entire season. Either way, we’re aiming at 2007 anyway”.

When reached for comment, owner Ralph Wilson was only gasping and clutching his chest, he didn’t look well.

RedEyE
01-03-2006, 09:01 AM
:rofl:

LtBillsFan66
01-03-2006, 09:01 AM
:eek:

madness
01-03-2006, 09:17 AM
:lmao:

Op wouldn't sound that optimistic.

dannyek71
01-03-2006, 09:18 AM