X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Hire Mike Sherman

He did a good job in Green Bay up till this year. They had tons of injuries and hardly any talent on the team to begin with.

He would sure beat Mularkey. I'd even rather hire Gregg Williams back then keep MM. Williams is gonna be a HC again this season and will do a good job.
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Re: Hire Mike Sherman

Mike Sherman is definitely my top pick out of the head coaches that got canned

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Me too.

Very boring interviewee though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Two birds with one stone:

Give Sherman the HC job as well as the GM job. He did just that for the first four years in Green Bay up until this season, and collectively he had a 53-27 record. In the four years he had dual duty, he was 49-15. It shows that he can do both jobs well.

Otherwise if we wait until we find a GM before bringing in Sherman, he'll be taken by then.

Act NOW Mr. Wilson.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I agree that Sherman is the man. He's a very good coach and his offensive schemes, built around Favre's talents, should fit JP well.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Two birds with one stone:
            Give Sherman the HC job as well as the GM job. He did just that for the first four years in Green Bay up until this season, and collectively he had a 53-27 record. In the four years he had dual duty, he was 49-15. It shows that he can do both jobs well.
            Otherwise if we wait until we find a GM before bringing in Sherman, he'll be taken by then.
            Act NOW Mr. Wilson.
            Right, and from what I hear, his 4-12 season came just after the GM responsibilities were taken from him.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
              Right, and from what I hear, his 4-12 season came just after the GM responsibilities were taken from him.
              His 4-12 season was mainly due to losing both starting OGs free agency in the offseason, and losing to injuries star WRs Javon Walker and Robert Ferguson, first-second-third string RBs Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, and Tony Fisher. Plus his defense has lost tons of players too plus a new DC in Jim Bates with a new system.

None of this is Sherman's fault. Since they hired a GM in Ted Thompson, Sherman had his hands tied in player decisions due to a power struggle, which ultimately claimed his job. Sherman is still a great coach.

Comment

• eee1776
                • Jul 2005

I think that most Bills fans would agree that making a run to aquire Sherman as our HC would be great. That is high on my wish list, then again it would make to much sence to do that. I agree with the post that said that he would do well working with JP.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

I'm down with that. And since the Texans want Gray as their HC, lets take Capers as our DC and move to a 3-4?
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                    • Apr 2005

Of all the coaches getting the ax lately ....I'd like to see Sherman walking the Bills side lines and ol Marv playing general upstairs !

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                      • Dec 2005

I wouldnt mind seeing MS in Buffalo who still has some good coaching left. Bringem to Buffalo please.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                          I'd even rather hire Gregg Williams back .
                          don't go overboard..either that or stop drinking so heavily
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• vicmantak
                            • Jun 2005

As Jan and Mr. Miyagi said, I totally agree that Mike Sherman is the answer.
                            Mr. Ralph Wilson might move as soon as possible to hire this kind of HC.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                            - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Problem is that there are 7 other teams looking for a new HC. Sherman will have his pick and I don't know that a) Ralph will be willing to pay (given he also has to pay off MM) and b) that Sherman would even want to come here if given the chance to coach a team closer to being competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X