PDA

View Full Version : Ask Him Yourself: Tom Donahoe (the final one ever!)

Mudflap1
01-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Ask Him Yourself: Tom Donahoe
Buffalobills.com
1/2/2006 2:17 PM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
Steve Padilla (Rochester, NY): While there were high hopes for this season, we're all disappointed with the final outcome as I'm sure you are. Any words of encouragement to give us some hope in 2006?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>

Tom Donahoe: The sky has fallen. It can't get much worse than what we have witnessed this season. A lot of breaks have not gone our way, such as injuries, penalties, the play of the offensive line and defensive lines, as some examples. However, we still feel we have the right coaching staff and most of the building blocks as a foundation for the team in place. We anticipate making some minor tweaks on the roster and look forward to the upcoming draft. The good news is that for only the second time since 1992, we sold out all of our games.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>

Shaun Harper (Vancouver, WA): How do you assess the coaching throughout this season?

Tom Donahoe: As I've stated before, I have the utmost confidence in Mike Mularkey. He proved last year that he can win in the NFL. We had a number of injuries and bad bounces of the football that went our way this year. I am confident that this team will be a legitimate playoff contender with very few changes necessary next season.

Kevin Cordier (Standish, MA): With the disappointing conclusion to the season, what are your feelings about your relationship as it pertains to One Bills Drive and your current role in the organization as President and General Manager?
Tom Donahoe: I have mixed emotions. I am disappointed with the outcome of the season, but am protected in my contract with incentives regardless of what Mr. Wilson decides to do at the end of the season. Worst case scenario is that I have to ride off into the sunset. The best case scenario is that I continue to dupe Mr. Wilson and the fans for one more year while this franchise makes hand over fist and we once again miss the playoffs.
Bob Jasek (Keller, TX): There are many rumors circulating that you will be fired after the season. If this is the case, what are your immediate plans?
Tom Donahoe: My immediate plans are to live off of the millions that I am due in my contract if it is terminated by Mr. Wilson. I will probably go to work for ESPN again, or a similar network, and promise to get back at all of you jerks (the fans) one day.
Steven Miller (Wellington, FL): In retrospect, how would you evaluate your time here in Buffalo?
Tom Donahoe: From a financial perspective, I am very satisfied. As I've stated in the past, I've been embarrassed to be associated in this community, and up to this point I continue to hold that sentiment. When Mr. Wilson decides to make his announcements, then I am prepared for my last public statements in Buffalo. Stay tuned.
Paul Hutchings (Buffalo, NY): Can you comment on why Mr. Wilson is in his home in Detroit right now meeting with Coach Mularkey and planning on restructuring the Bills?
Tom Donahoe: As I've said in previous statements, if I had the opportunity to advise Mr. Wilson on the future, then I would recommend throwing Mularkey and his coaching staff under the bus, if it meant even the slightest chance of me returning for another year. That being said, I don't believe that I will be back, but what the heck! One final note, isn't it ironic that I suggested previously throwing certain individuals under the bus, and Mr. Wilson is meeting in Detroit with those individuals currently. Get the symbolism?
Antonio Hall (Lewisville, TX): How would you evalute J.P. Losman's performance over the past year?
Tom Donahoe: When we drafted J.P., we felt that he had an abundance of talent. We still feel that way. However, what we didn't know was that he's got certain social disorders that need to be dealt with. Coach Wyche spent a lot of time working with J.P. on understanding offenses and reading defenses, but unfortunately we probably should have hired Dr. Phil as an assistant coach in retrospect.
Susan Lichtenwalner (Pittsford, NY): Tom, what is your current assessment of Mike Williams? Do you consider him to be an underachiever?
Tom Donahoe: Mike is a likeable guy who certainly has the size and athleticism to be in this league for a long time. Unfortunately, Mike gets injured a great deal. Time will tell whether he toughens up or remains a pussy.
Gregory Nichols (Kissimmee, FL): Tom, despite our disappointing season, it must make you feel good to see that some of your initial coaches that you had here are prospering well in their endeavors, most notably Gregg Williams and Danny Smith at Washington, Pat Ruhl at USC, and Kevin Gilbride in New York with the Giants. What are your thoughts on this?
Tom Donahoe: I've said this earlier in another question: I am embarrassed to be associated with the city of Buffalo and its community as a whole. I told you before that these were good coaches, and to have time and patience. Nobody wanted to listen to me. Now you see the results of your actions, you bunch of jerks!
Susan L. (Pittsford, NY): After one year of reflection, do you think that giving up on Drew Bledsoe was a mistake?
Tom Donahoe: No, it bought me two more years on a contract from Mr. Wilson (including a several million dollar payday) no matter what Mr. Wilson decides to do with the franchise in the future. Did Drew Bledsoe make the playoffs this year? End of story.

In conclusion, because this is our last week for the 10 questions this season, I want thank the fans for their support and loyalty this year through a tough season. There are much brighter days ahead for the Bills football team and for the great Buffalo Bill's fans of Western New York. Thank you very much.

:peace:

Jon

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Billsouth
01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
hey, at least he was honest!!

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
:rofl:

Michael82
01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
:lmao: