PDA

View Full Version : Bills: Donahoe Out & Modrak & Mularkey In

G. Host
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Ch2 has learned Bills Owner Ralph C. Wilson will fire -- or has already dismissed -- Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe, and a source says Wilson will promote Tom Modrak to assume Donahoe's football-related duties.

Wilson, Modrak, the current Assistant General Manager, Bills VP of Business Development and Marketing Russ Brandon, and Bills Head Coach Mike Mularkey met in Detroit on Tuesday until mid-afternoon according to the source.

Barring something unexpected happening in that meeting, it's expected Mularkey will remain as head coach, although some staff changes are expected.

It's expected Mularkey will agree to the changes, although keep in mind Wilson fired Wade Phillips after the 2000 season when Phillips balked at firing key members of his staff.

Ch2 has also learned that 80-year old Marv Levy is considering returning to the Bills in some type of managerial capacity to help Wilson, who lives in Detroit, keep a closer eye on the Buffalo football operation.

While Modrak is expected to assume the gm role, Bills VP of Marketing and Development Russ Brandon is expected to handle the business-related aspects of the job.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=34254

ICE74129
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Dang man! Great minds post alike LOL!

I wonder who stays and who goes as assistants? Also we need a REAL OC and a new DC. Hopefully Ralph forces these moves.

Novacane
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
booooooooooo.

Ebenezer
01-03-2006, 05:01 PM
booooooooooo.
not that I agree with keeping MM but remember....you threatened to leave if this happened...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

Tatonka
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
so basically.. no change at all.

we can look forward to a ****load of awful playcalling and no focus on the lines.. as well as more uprisings from the team, since the coach doesnt have the balls to stop it... oh yeah.. and a horribly handled qb situation.

SWEET!

Novacane
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM
not that I agree with keeping MM but remember....you threatened to leave if this happened...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

Link? You must be thinking of someone else.

Tatonka
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM

**CoughpeckerCough**

Ebenezer
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Link? You must be thinking of someone else.
previous thread about a week ago...somebody mentioned that if they both don't go that the fans would just bend over and take it and you said "not this one" or "not all of them"...I'm not taking the time to find it.

Novacane
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
previous thread about a week ago...somebody mentioned that if they both don't go that the fans would just bend over and take it and you said "not this one" or "not all of them"...I'm not taking the time to find it.

. Alll that meant is I would not be a sucker and buy tickets like you. I never said I was gonna stop posting here if that happened. What a freaking leap you take there :loser:
Don be such a liar Eb. You're just trying to show me up because I pointed out what a liar you were about never posting in the spinzone again :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
01-03-2006, 05:43 PM
. Alll that meant is I would not be a sucker and buy tickets like you. I never said I was gonna stop posting here if that happened. What a freaking leap you take there :loser:
Don be such a liar Eb. You're just trying to show me up because I pointed out what a liar you were about never posting in the spinzone again :rolleyes:
you think this is about that??

You turn your sister-in-law into the secret service and are proud of it? You take money from WNYers 6 months a year and then go spend it in Florida? And you call me the loser because I decided to start posting in the Spin Zone again.

NEWSFLASH - You should here how some of the other zoners talk about you during zone events and tailgates. You wouldn't consider yourself such a winner.

Dude...you're Frank Burns...be proud.

Topdog
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
This might get interesting! :movie:

helmetguy
01-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Pass me the Orville's, Dude.

Novacane
01-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't know what it's about. Apparantly you have a personal problem. All I know is you took a GIANT leap taking what I posted and turning it into me saying I was gonna stop posting here.

ArcticWildMan
01-03-2006, 05:52 PM
If people from this board are talking about Fairway at games/events they need to get a life. Who freaking cares about what he said/did? You're at game for cripes sake.

Topdog
01-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Pass me the Orville's, Dude.

Need some Salt with that?

Novacane
01-03-2006, 05:53 PM

:snicker:

Topdog
01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Fairway, whats the score so far?

Novacane
01-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Me in a blowout. You know me. I consider myself such a winner :D

Ebenezer
01-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't know what it's about. Apparantly you have a personal problem. All I know is you took a GIANT leap taking what I posted and turning it into me saying I was gonna stop posting here.
I never said you would stop posting here...I said that you made it sound like you were going to stop following the Bills.

Novacane
01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Well you read into it your own idea then. I've stuck with this team through losers like Stephenson, Bullough, manboobs and now Mularkey. If ralph keeps him around I'll wait him out too. I just won't expect much

Novacane
01-03-2006, 06:17 PM
but I will not buy tickets. If some say that makes me a bad fan.............................. oh well