PDA

View Full Version : Ok here ya go...Modrak GM, Brandon and MM

ICE74129
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=34254

HERE IT IS DOAHOE WILL BE FIRED, MODRAK WILL TAKE HIS PLACE AND MULKARY IS STAYING

Bills: Donahoe Out & Modrak & Mularkey In

Posted by: Ed Kilgore, Sports Director
Created: 1/3/2006 4:21:13 PM
Updated: 1/3/2006 4:23:31 PM

Ch2 has learned Bills Owner Ralph C. Wilson will fire -- or has already dismissed -- Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe, and a source says Wilson will promote Tom Modrak to assume Donahoe's football-related duties.

The official announcement is expected in Orchard Park on Wednesday.

Wilson, Modrak, the current Assistant General Manager, Bills VP of Business Development and Marketing Russ Brandon, and Bills Head Coach Mike Mularkey met in Detroit on Tuesday until mid-afternoon according to the source.

While the meeting was going on in Detroit, Ch2 cameras caught Donahoe leaving his Orchard Park office. Donahoe had no comment on the current whirlwind of speculation following the Bills 5-11 season.

Barring something unexpected happening in that meeting, it's expected Mularkey will remain as head coach, although some staff changes are expected.

It's expected Mularkey will agree to the changes, although keep in mind Wilson fired Wade Phillips after the 2000 season when Phillips balked at firing key members of his staff.

Ch2 has also learned that 80-year old Marv Levy is considering returning to the Bills in some type of managerial capacity to help Wilson, who lives in Detroit, keep a closer eye on the Buffalo football operation.

While Modrak is expected to assume the gm role, Bills VP of Marketing and Development Russ Brandon is expected to handle the business-related aspects of the job.

Modrak, in his fourth year with the Bills, was Director of Football Operations with the Philadelphia Eagles from 1998-2000, and the Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Scouting Director from 1979 to 1986.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2006, 04:56 PM
And that's all she wrote. More misery ahead.

Mudflap1
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Not so fast...

Any change is good change. Donahoe was by far the cancer of the team. Now that he's gone, perhaps Modrak will be aggressive and make some moves. I'm not a big fan of Mularkey, but even he could probably win with a real offensive line and defensive line.

Again, anything is good. At least Donahoe is gone, the biggest problem.

Jon

Tatonka
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
can mularkey handle the team though?

veterans were spouting off and unhappy.. AFTER being benched and calling out the bad coaching.. his handling of the qb situation was as miserable as it gets.

i an not really excited.

Tatonka
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
can mularkey handle the team though?

veterans were spouting off and unhappy.. AFTER being benched and calling out the bad coaching.. his handling of the qb situation was as miserable as it gets.

i an not really excited.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Not so fast...

Any change is good change. Donahoe was by far the cancer of the team. Now that he's gone, perhaps Modrak will be aggressive and make some moves. I'm not a big fan of Mularkey, but even he could probably win with a real offensive line and defensive line.

Again, anything is good. At least Donahoe is gone, the biggest problem.

Jon

I don't argue TD is the biggest problem...and he hired MM...but honestly if Modrak is GM and MM is HC, we really will not move forward. I am 100% certain. MM just doesn't have what it takes (at least now....maybe go back to OC for awhile then take another shot at HC) and I don't want to waste another season. We need all new blood in the front office to truly start going forward.

Ebenezer
01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't argue TD is the biggest problem...and he hired MM...but honestly if Modrak is GM and MM is HC, we really will not move forward. I am 100% certain. MM just doesn't have what it takes (at least now....maybe go back to OC for awhile then take another shot at HC) and I don't want to waste another season. We need all new blood in the front office to truly start going forward.
I'm not disagreeing but I'll relay what three different sources have said locally...TM and TD are night and day. When TD walks through the halls people fear him going into a tirade while TM appears to be genuine and can at least be approached by employees and co-workers. That being said, we may not know what decisions TM has been in on over the years but one would have to assume plenty.

alohabillsfan
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Modrak GM
Levy Team President
HC Gary Kubiak
DC Don Capers
OC Sam Wyche
ST Bobby April

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Why are we putting a guy with no GM experience in charge of a coach with no head coaching experience. This could be the blind leading the blind. I think Mularkey has to go.

FlyingDutchman
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Why are we putting a guy with no GM experience in charge of a coach with no head coaching experience. This could be the blind leading the blind. I think Mularkey has to go.

X-Era
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Modrak has no GM experience? Huhhhh?

Billsouth
01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
mm must go!! i cannot believe that we signed him to a 5 year contract after the gw disaster.

The_Philster
01-03-2006, 07:45 PM
What do you call what he did in Philly?