WIVB:TD a goner wed., Marv is coming home,Modrak gets inc. role with player personnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

WIVB:TD a goner wed., Marv is coming home,Modrak gets inc. role with player personnel

Top Story
    Donahoe Out as Bills President & GM
    Jan 3, 2006, 07:43 PM EST
    Tonight's Top Story - Donahoe Out as Bills President & GM

More Newsmore>>
    Police Investigating Apparent Murder-Suicide
    (Cheektowaga, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Police say it appears to be a case of murder-suicide in Cheektowaga. News 4's Lorey Schultz reports on the violent death of a Sloan woman and her ex-boyfriend.

Mohan Steps Into Amherst Supervisor Position
    (Williamsville, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Political newcomer Satish Mohan began his work as Amherst Town Supervisor on Tuesday.

Brown Tours Inner Harbor Development Project
    (Buffalo, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Buffalo's new Mayor, Byron Brown, got down to business Tuesday by inspecting the progress in re-developing the city's waterfront.

(Orchard Park, NY, January 3, 2006) - - On Sunday after the Bills' finale against the Jets, Bills owner Ralph Wilson promised changes. He is about to make those moves official.
    Tom Donahoe will be out as President and General Manager of the Bills after five seasons.
    That announcement should come in the next 24 hours.
    Donahoe was 31-49 during his tenure with the Bills.
    He was the first person that Wilson also named President, along with the GM title.
    The Bills owner plans on re-asserting himself in a more active role in the organization.
    To that end, he's looking at a dramatic change at the top.
    A "blast from the past" of sorts is a big part of what Ralph Wilson is looking at.
    Sources say that Marv Levy is coming back to the Bills. The former Bills head coach will be a part of that new-look front office. The 79-year-old Hall of Fame coach has been out of football since leaving the Bills after the 1997 season, but he has kept involved in the sport as a broadcaster.
    Marv would be a unifying presence in the front office, and his appeal to the fans is obvious.
    He's part of the Bills' "glory days", days that are fading farther and farther into our memories.
    Current Assistant General Manager Tom Modrak would also remain with the team with an increased role in player personnel.
    Modrak was in Detroit on Tuesday, meeting with Bills owner Ralph Wilson.
    Also at that meeting: Head Coach Mike Mularkey. This meeting will play a key role in determining Mularkey's future as the head coach.
    ESPN reported Tuesday afternoon that the meeting was not going well for Mularkey, with issues emerging over the coaching staff. If that sounds familiar, it's exactly what happened with Wade Phillips a few years ago -- a dispute over whether to fire certain assistant coaches. Wade Phillips wouldn't do it, and that's why he lost his job.
    Whether we're heading toward that situation or scenario again with Mularkey remains to be seen. But if there are issues where Ralph wants people let go and Mularkey does not, that could turn into a bit of a battle.
    We do know that Jerry Gray, the Bills' defensive coordinator, is already lined up to interview for the Houston Texans head coaching job. Gray figures to probably not be back next year, so there are going to be changes in the coaching staff either way.
    In any event, there are lots of changes going on at One Bills Drive, and a lot of it is expected to be made official on Wednesday.

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: WIVB:TD a goner wed., Marv is coming home,Modrak gets inc. role with player personnel

I never thought I'd say this in the same sentence. Good job Skooby!!

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Re: WIVB:TD a goner wed., Marv is coming home,Modrak gets inc. role with player personnel

lol.

Nice read
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I never thought I'd say this in the same sentence. Good job Skooby!!

You have scared me in a good way.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

So...I gather from this article the following:

TD fired on Wed.
          Modrak promoted to GM
          Marv hired on as an advisor
          Moolarkey canned if he doesn't adhere to Mr. Wilson's request.

Sounds like everything that we've heard this week with more assertion in the delivery.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Exactly who would Wilson want MM to fire? Figure Gray is gone... of course Clements is gone... considering he didnt call the plays the 2nd half of the season anyway.. who else would Wilson want gone?

If MM is fighting Ralph about Clements or Gray... he deserves to be fired!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Strength and Conditioning coach. When I read he told Willis to play at 235, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

I still wont believe it till I see it on ESPN or SI.com.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Strength and Conditioning coach. When I read he told Willis to play at 235, I couldn't believe my eyes.
                  WTF....he wants to turn Willis into a fullback?

All he needs to do is make sure those leg flexors and extensors are strong and flexible to protect those knees. Willis should be playing at 223-228max. He needs to work in more low weight/ high rep workouts this offseason. He needs maintenance and endurance more than he needs muscle building. He needs to get that burst back and mass building workouts will only make it harder for those legs to get moving.
                  Let me at him...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
                    So...I gather from this article the following:

TD fired on Wed.
                    Modrak promoted to GM
                    Marv hired on as an advisor
                    Moolarkey canned if he doesn't adhere to Mr. Wilson's request.

Sounds like everything that we've heard this week with more assertion in the delivery.
                    TD being fired: One huge step towards getting better.
                    Modrak promoted to GM: One medium step backward from the huge step gained from firing TD.
                    Marv hired on as advisor: One small step towards getting better.
                    Moolarkey stays: Team is doomed again.
                    Moolarkey goes: Team has a chance but only if new HC is REALLY good, and hires REALLY GOOD OC/DC.

I still just wish Ralph would flush the whole ***** front office.

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

Re: WIVB:TD a goner wed., Marv is coming home,Modrak gets inc. role with player perso

Willis needs to send less time in chain gain in Miami and work more with Don Beebe to regain his speed.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                        Top Story
                        Donahoe Out as Bills President & GM
                        Jan 3, 2006, 07:43 PM EST
                        Tonight's Top Story - Donahoe Out as Bills President & GM

More Newsmore>>
                        Police Investigating Apparent Murder-Suicide
                        (Cheektowaga, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Police say it appears to be a case of murder-suicide in Cheektowaga. News 4's Lorey Schultz reports on the violent death of a Sloan woman and her ex-boyfriend.

Mohan Steps Into Amherst Supervisor Position
                        (Williamsville, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Political newcomer Satish Mohan began his work as Amherst Town Supervisor on Tuesday.

Brown Tours Inner Harbor Development Project
                        (Buffalo, NY, January 3, 2006) - - Buffalo's new Mayor, Byron Brown, got down to business Tuesday by inspecting the progress in re-developing the city's waterfront.

(Orchard Park, NY, January 3, 2006) - - On Sunday after the Bills' finale against the Jets, Bills owner Ralph Wilson promised changes. He is about to make those moves official.
                        Tom Donahoe will be out as President and General Manager of the Bills after five seasons.
                        That announcement should come in the next 24 hours.
                        Donahoe was 31-49 during his tenure with the Bills.
                        He was the first person that Wilson also named President, along with the GM title.
                        The Bills owner plans on re-asserting himself in a more active role in the organization.
                        To that end, he's looking at a dramatic change at the top.
                        A "blast from the past" of sorts is a big part of what Ralph Wilson is looking at.
                        Sources say that Marv Levy is coming back to the Bills. The former Bills head coach will be a part of that new-look front office. The 79-year-old Hall of Fame coach has been out of football since leaving the Bills after the 1997 season, but he has kept involved in the sport as a broadcaster.
                        Marv would be a unifying presence in the front office, and his appeal to the fans is obvious.
                        He's part of the Bills' "glory days", days that are fading farther and farther into our memories.
                        Current Assistant General Manager Tom Modrak would also remain with the team with an increased role in player personnel.
                        Modrak was in Detroit on Tuesday, meeting with Bills owner Ralph Wilson.
                        Also at that meeting: Head Coach Mike Mularkey. This meeting will play a key role in determining Mularkey's future as the head coach.
                        ESPN reported Tuesday afternoon that the meeting was not going well for Mularkey, with issues emerging over the coaching staff. If that sounds familiar, it's exactly what happened with Wade Phillips a few years ago -- a dispute over whether to fire certain assistant coaches. Wade Phillips wouldn't do it, and that's why he lost his job.
                        Whether we're heading toward that situation or scenario again with Mularkey remains to be seen. But if there are issues where Ralph wants people let go and Mularkey does not, that could turn into a bit of a battle.
                        We do know that Jerry Gray, the Bills' defensive coordinator, is already lined up to interview for the Houston Texans head coaching job. Gray figures to probably not be back next year, so there are going to be changes in the coaching staff either way.
                        In any event, there are lots of changes going on at One Bills Drive, and a lot of it is expected to be made official on Wednesday.

I thought we weren't supposed to post the whole article

Comment

Working...
                        X