PDA

View Full Version : I love Marv, but just say no!!!

Dozerdog
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM
I love what Marv Levy did with his team, and he will always be one of my all time favorite Buffalo Bills. I put together a lot of the History pages here at the zone, so i know what he did and what he meant to this organization.
But people, if this team is going to move forward, let's get a grip!!!!
If they want him to come in and be an advisor/ ambassador for the Bills- great. Do with Marv what the Texans did with Dan Reeves a few weeks ago. But if this team is going to move forward into the 21st century - we need something other than a coach/GM in his mid to late 70's.

The only older guy I want in here might be Ron Wolf, at leas the has kept in football and has hundreds of skilled contacts he could use to bring in a good head coach.

But Marv Levy? He's been on book tours and in the Bear's radio booth the past decade. We need someone in tune with today's college ranks & scouting. The Salary cap ran him out of football- how can he manage one now?

Let's get a grip people, and stop gazing into the old trophy case hoping for a miracle. Stop using 15 year old success as a crutch. Otherwise, we will still be in the same spot 5 seasons down the road.

Gunzlingr
01-03-2006, 08:49 PM
:bf1: Amen Brutha!

The_Philster
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I think the advisor role and maybe a position as team president (to improve the public's view of the team) is all that's been talked about by the media...people thinking he should be back coaching are nuts, IMO..

ParanoidAndroid
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I think the advisor role and maybe a position as team president (to improve the public's view of the team) is all that's been talked about by the media...people thinking he should be back coaching are nuts, IMO..

Exactly. If hhe comes back it will be in an advisory role. RW's wing man if you will. A good idea if you ask me. Let Marv in on interviewing GM and HC candidates and evaluating talent.

lordofgun
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
He'd still be a better HC than Mularkey.

The_Philster
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
He'd still be a better HC than Mularkey.
true...but that's not saying much, eother

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM

The BILLS are doing the same thing with Marv that Washington did with Gibbs when he came back to the Redskins. Gibbs has total control of the Redskins he makes all the moves, all the FA signings and so on the only difference is that he's coaching and Marv isn't.

The_Philster
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
The BILLS are doing the same thing with Marv that Washington did with Gibbs when he came back to the Redskins. Gibbs has total control of the Redskins he makes all the moves, all the FA signings and so on the only difference is that he's coaching and Marv isn't.
link?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
No link, I just made it up in my head I do have a brain you know. It sounds like this is what they're trying to do though

Dozerdog
01-03-2006, 09:05 PM

1) Gibbs has a long & recent history of successfuly managing sports teams

2) Gibbs has unlimited financial resources to spend crazy dollars on assistant coaches and cough up huge cash signing bonuses to free agents. Will Marv be able to spend $8 million on a defensive coordinator??

3) Gibbs has 3 rings

4) Gibbs is 10-15 years younger.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
All I'm saying is when Gibbs came back Washington they gave him the keys to the car and it looks like the BILLS are trying to do the same thing with Marv

ICE74129
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
THANK YOU! Enough of this marv crap. He is past his time. Time to look at how WINNING Teams are doing it NOW.

Earthquake Enyart
01-04-2006, 06:29 AM
Thanks Dozer. I agree 100%.

If they want to bring Marv back to wave at fans, great. Any more involvement, forget it.

I think Ralph is worried about selling tickets if he fires TD and does nothing else. At least if he hires Marv, he hopes it will look like he is doing something.

Historian
01-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Ralph is going to split the new position he made for Donahoe between Marv and Modrak. Marv will be appointed team President.

Read my post in the other thread.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I agree Dozer. I'm scared to hear the news later. :ill: