PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams wants to be back..

Tatonka
01-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Williams Wants To Come Back: Mike Williams says he wants to come back to Buffalo, he enjoys playing here and if they want him to play guard he'll play guard. As far as his contract goes, he knows they will want to re-negotiate it regardless if he plays tackle or guard. The injuries he's suffered this year made it a particularly frustrating season but it is a learning season that he will have to overcome.

www.billsdaily.com

this came from the locker clean out interviews..

my question is this.. if the guy renegotiates his deal and drops his salary considerably, would you be ok with him getting a full offseason at guard and coming back HEALTHY?

this guy is so frustrating.. i like him for some reason.. i dont feel he has played well at all this season, but i also recognize that he looked like he was on his way to being an all pro by the end of last season.. i also recognize that he was dealing with some injuries this season that probably limited him.

i personally would like to see him back and let him compete for a job.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Only if he negotiates to league minimum. He's not worth any more considering how much he has already made off of us for his pathetic play.

vicmantak
01-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Mike Williams has been the most costly EXPERIMENT in Tom Donahoe's era and he doesn't deserve any chance again.

He arguably deserves a look at Guard, but please, not in Buffalo.

don137
01-04-2006, 06:12 AM
It all depends on his price tag. I rather have him over the other two guards here. I don't see him coming back though. He is too classy of a guy to say anything negative plus he doesn't want to shoot himself in the foot by saying negative stuff and hurt his marketability. I don't expect him back.

Bill Brasky
01-04-2006, 06:15 AM
he probably wants to come back because he knows no other teams want him.

Yasgur's Farm
01-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Only if he doesn't receive a roster bonus. His cap savings if released is $4.9M... He'd have to agree to only get $900,000 of that if he makes the cut (and no roster bonus). The Bills ultimate save $4M against the cap.

ICE74129
01-04-2006, 06:25 AM
www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com)

my question is this.. if the guy renegotiates his deal and drops his salary considerably, would you be ok with him getting a full offseason at guard and coming back HEALTHY?

this guy is so frustrating.. i like him for some reason.. i dont feel he has played well at all this season, but i also recognize that he looked like he was on his way to being an all pro by the end of last season.. i also recognize that he was dealing with some injuries this season that probably limited him.

NO! NO NO NO!!!! See that is what angers me about Bills fans. The guy is a FAILURE! Hell yeah he wants to come back, Get more of that FREE money! Look This guy had knocks all over his arse comeing out of college. Everyone wanted to ignore them. Just like with Lawrence Phillips, You can't change the Character of a man. Mike Williams is a Fat, lazy bum that has had more than enough chances and time with the Bills.

Ship his arse outta here!!!!

ICE74129
01-04-2006, 06:25 AM

BINGO!

vicmantak
01-04-2006, 06:27 AM
The Bills ultimate save $4M against the cap.
If Crowell was extended for almost $4M... give me a stong reason to keep him.

Tatonka
01-04-2006, 06:36 AM
i know he played awful this year.. but do you guys that hate him dispute that he was playing at an extremely high level, much like the late season surge we have seen from jason peters, at the end of 04?

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Like I said...vet minimum and he's welcome to stay.

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2006, 08:15 AM
www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com)

I totally agree with you here and was going to start a similar thread.

My conditions would be these:

1. He takes a major paycut. There is no need to offer him league minimum since he would just ask to be cut. I wouldn't blame him. His paycut would have to be at least very close to what his cap hit would be if he was cut. That way, we have nothing to lose. The idea would be to make his contract a one year deal heavy on incentives like playing time and physical fitness and including an option to extend if certain incentives are met.

2. The rumors that he has a poor work ethic turn out to be unfair because his injuries were quite painful and inhibitive, and not minor, nagging injuries that most players play through.

If not, we let him go and use the money saved wisely. Then, of course, we would watch him develop into an all pro on another team...:ill:

Gunzlingr
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
If he is willing to renegotiate, and work hard, let him come back and compete. I think he was showing improvement last year, and if he heals up, he could be an asset to the team.

lordofgun
01-04-2006, 08:30 AM
I want to be Pope.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM

Totally agree. Cut him, now!!!!

eyedog
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
His injuries were "quite painful" ???? Oh boy, poor guy.

He's always injured. I bet he does want to come back. Why wouldn't he ? He gets a front row seat to see the game in shorts and a t-shirt and gets paid millions to do it.

mysticsoto
01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
NO! NO NO NO!!!! See that is what angers me about Bills fans. The guy is a FAILURE! Hell yeah he wants to come back, Get more of that FREE money! Look This guy had knocks all over his arse comeing out of college. Everyone wanted to ignore them. Just like with Lawrence Phillips, You can't change the Character of a man. Mike Williams is a Fat, lazy bum that has had more than enough chances and time with the Bills.

Ship his arse outta here!!!!
The problem is...if we do cut him, we take a $4 million plus cap hit this year and take a substantial hit next year also - and get nothing in return.

If we keep him, renegotiate his contract and hope that he has the will to want to compete and try for a starting position next year, then atleast we get something out of him. But keep this in mind - WE STILL HAVE TO PAY HIM...regardless of whether we cut him or not. Why not try to get something out of him then instead. At worst, let him back someone up. He's got experience and starters get banged up or hurt all the time. Whether he is on the team or not - we are still going to have to pay him!!!

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
The guy is fully aware that a renegotiation is forthcoming. He still says he wants to stay. Now, just how much he is willing to take will be the single most important factor in whether he is cut or not.

THATHURMANATOR
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
www.billsdaily.com
If he renogotiates absolutly.