PDA

View Full Version : GR reports this morning

chernobylwraiths
01-04-2006, 05:37 AM
That they have a source that says that Mike Mularkey will ge kept on as coach.

I really hope they are wrong again.

They think that Modrak will be the new GM as well with Marv getting some job in the FO.

billsburgh
01-04-2006, 05:40 AM
THAT SUCKS IF IT'S RIGHT. HERE'S HOPING THAT THEY ARE WRONG AGAIN

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 05:42 AM
There aren't any quality coaches out there to grab. We are stuck with MM (which means JP might as well ask for a trade). :(

Historian
01-04-2006, 05:55 AM
My Dream Team:

President (with a piece of ownership) Marv Levy
VP of Football Ops: Modrak
HC: Mike Sherman or Jim Haslett

I think it would be a winning combination.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 06:04 AM
My Dream Team:
President (with a piece of ownership) Marv Levy
VP of Football Ops: Modrak
HC: Mike Sherman or Jim Haslett
I think it would be a winning combination.

I think we may see Haslett as a coordinator here. If MM stumbles, he could take over.

don137
01-04-2006, 06:18 AM
I think we may see Haslett as a coordinator here. If MM stumbles, he could take over.

I really like that idea but I am not sure MM would want a guy on his staff that's dream job is MM's position unless RW tells him that it has to be that way...

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 06:19 AM
That would explain why the meeting went bad as the media is reporting.

don137
01-04-2006, 06:20 AM
That would explain why the meeting went bad as the media is reporting.

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing my previous response.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 06:22 AM
I just don't think Ralph has any choice but to do something like this. He has to be ready to pull the plug on MM fast next season or he runs the risk of losing a huge part of the fan base and the players as well if things do go badly with MM at the helm again.

don137
01-04-2006, 06:27 AM
I just don't think Ralph has any choice but to do something like this. He has to be ready to pull the plug on MM fast next season or he runs the risk of losing a huge part of the fan base and the players as well if things do go badly with MM at the helm again.

Yup, fans are already calling for MM's head. He did some good stuff his first year here but this past season he was downright awful. The leash is very short with MM right now so Haslett would make a lot of sense to be defensive coordinator. I think it would be a coup to get Levy in the FO and Haslett as DC. Fans would be a little more tolerable in the decision to keep MM.

Turf
01-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Keeping a coach you have the intenetion of pulling the plug on with a short leash is nothing more than a wasted year. Why they would think this is a good idea I have no idea.

Historian
01-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Although, MM and Haz are probably friends. They worked together in Pitt didn't they?

Historian
01-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Either way, you're looking at a very stingy defense if Haz takes it over.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Gray coached the defense to #2, two years in a row. I am not sure Haslett would be an improvement.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Gray has zero ability to adapt and make changes as evidenced by the Miami loss. Almost every game this year teams negated our defense in the second half because he never made adjustments.

His two good years were thanks to LeBeau. His true colors are obvious this year and his first year.

Historian
01-04-2006, 07:39 AM
As far as I know, Haz is a 3-4 guy who likes to play solid defense, as opposed to the Buddy Ryan blitz every play stuff.

And why is it that nobody has read anything in regards to LeBeau as a HC somewhere?

I would think he would be a hot property.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Wasn't he approached about coaching last year and he said he wasn't interested?

I might be thinking of some other coach instead.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2006, 08:39 AM

Haslett doesn't have to settle for coordinator. He's already being looked at as a head coach with the Raiders!! In addition there are other teams interested in him.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Gray coached the defense to #2, two years in a row. I am not sure Haslett would be an improvement.

That was probably because he inheritied Gregg Williams Defense. There was alot of speculation that Jerry Grey wasn't as good as people thought. We are ranked 29th. TKO is the greatest player on the planet if he was responsible for us dropping that far down!!

Historian
01-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Haslett doesn't have to settle for coordinator. He's already being looked at as a head coach with the Raiders!! In addition there are other teams interested in him.

And rightly so.

To hold NO over his head is stupid. Even Hank Stram wasn't successful there.

But it's a position that could entice him to come back home.

I know for a fact that he misses those midnight brawls outside the Pierce Arrow.
;)

capitolneal
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Gray has zero ability to adapt and make changes as evidenced by the Miami loss. Almost every game this year teams negated our defense in the second half because he never made adjustments.

His two good years were thanks to LeBeau. His true colors are obvious this year and his first year.
last yr didn't Buffalo set a record for least amount of points allowed in the third quarter? he can adapt and change it is hard to adapt when you lose your best player (spikES) AND not to mention 3rd string tackles change is not always good for change sake:calm:

wchutalkinboutwillis
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM

I agree. There is absolutely no way Haslett will settle for DC. I think he interviews in Detroit this week. He'll be a HC somewhere within a couple of weeks.