PDA

View Full Version : Will we have a coach waiting in the shadows next season?

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 05:57 AM
I wonder since it appears that MM isn't going to be fired, if Ralph isn't going to insist on an ex-coach as a new offensive/defensive coordinator that could step in and take control early next season if Mularkey screws up? This might explain the disagreement that is rumored to have happened with Ralph and Mularkey. My guess is Jim Haslett.

No matter what, MM will have a VERY short probation period next year. If we don't come out smoking hot, you might even see Marv on the sidelines.

helmetguy
01-04-2006, 06:31 AM
How about Haslett as DC and Turner as OC? Levy might be inclined to endorse Turner, since he is NOT a WCO deciple, nor was he tainted by Gilbride and his "West Coast and Shoot," hybrid abomination.

I mean, as long as we're spitballing here...

Tatonka
01-04-2006, 06:48 AM
haslett will DEFINATELY get another shot at a headcoaching position if he wants it.. and i cant imagine how he wouldnt.. there are tons of openings right now.

i would be happy with him or dom capers as DCs..

norv as an OC would be great too.. but he was just saying on the nfl channel this morning that he wants to continue on as a HC somewhere if he can.

it would be ridiculous to put MM in that situation though.. you mine as well just sac up and fire him now, because he would never succeed with two guys breathing down his neck to steal his job.. it would just undermind his credibility witht he team even more than it already has been by his awful screw ups this year.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 06:50 AM
We did the same thing with LeBeau and Gray. It may not be the standard way of doing things but there is a history of us doing this. Besides, Ralph knows that us fans expect something major to be changed and just firing TD isn't enough.

vicmantak
01-04-2006, 07:02 AM
How about Sherman as HC, Dante Scarnecchia as OC and Capers as DC

Historian
01-04-2006, 07:08 AM
I would move Wyche up to OC at least.

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 07:11 AM
I forgot about him....that's a possible move.

ICE74129
01-04-2006, 07:16 AM
I want us to take and get a BIG FA NT, not DT, NT. Bring in Capers, draft Hawk...3-4 baby!

ArcticWildMan
01-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Who plays the other DT? None of our players other than Sam match up well for a 3-4. Our DE's are too small to play the line and too slow to play LB to migrate to that system and Edwards isn't 3-4 caliber DT.