PDA

View Full Version : We salvaged continuity!

Patrick76777
01-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I think the fact that we were able to make some changes and yet keep continuity, makes the moves great!

I know that I’ll hear something about continuity from a losing year, but I still think it’s good.

As I’ve stated before, I think we have the inmates running the asylum. And by inmates, I don’t mean the players I mean the fans. Every year the fans rise up and demand someone’s head. Every year, we’re cutting/firing a major part of our team. QB’s, Coaches, star players! That’s not how you win. If you’re breaking down and rebuilding a major part of your team every year, you’ll never take that next step.

With these moves, we’re cutting out a cancer and yet promoting from within. It’ll be a smooth transition.

I understand that a large contingent of fans here feel that the team is terrible and needs a full rebuilding but I think that’s nonsense. This team has talent. And with 4 picks in the top 70 of the upcoming draft, we’re just going to add more.

I’m cool with giving MM another chance!

Novacane
01-04-2006, 07:45 AM
I'll bump this thread a year from now when we're 6-10

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2006, 07:48 AM
MM blows. I'm not happy.

lordofgun
01-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Continuity sucks in this case.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah we can continue to be 5-11. And we can continue to have Parish throw passes to embarrass us some more.

MM sucks balls.

Patrick76777
01-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Continuity sucks in this case.

If we start JP all year and go 5-11, you guys aren't allowed to complain!

Novacane
01-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Not gonna happen with MM staying. He'll start JP for 4 then KH for 5, JP for 2, KH for 5 and we're gonna be in exactly the same place a year from now that we are now. No QB and a coach that sucks. Man I luv continuity :peace:

lordofgun
01-04-2006, 08:02 AM
I have every right to complain because he should have started all year this year. This year was such a waste because of the moron head coach who apparently is going to salvage some continuity...whatever that means.

lordofgun
01-04-2006, 08:03 AM
This team has talent.

Even Ralph thinks we're a ways off!

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2006, 08:04 AM
The team DOES have talent. Too bad a moron is calling the plays.

TedMock
01-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm fine with the way things are shaping up. I don't think Mularkey has been a great head coach, but I firmly believe that Donahoe is the main problem. Donahoe has been the main problem from day one. He has completely ignored the o-line, and that is what makes an offense work. Our skilled guys are good enough to win. They have zero blocking. I don't hate Gregg Williams, and I don't hate Mike Mularkey. I actually think Williams is going to be a very good head coach someday, but the jury is still out on Mularkey. Mularkey is not the offensive moron that many of our fans think he is. He's playcalling with desperation. Hopefully that will change. Don't forget that he had the #2 and #3 ranked offensive units in Pittsburgh, two of the three years he ran the show. In doing so, he put Kordell Stewart in the pro-bowl, and Tommy Maddox received comeback player of the year. The third year, the offense didn't do as well. Why? Because the starting offensive line didn't suit up together until DECEMBER. Pittsburgh had the BEST o-line in football, and Mularkey's playcalling was considered brilliant. Oh yeah, Pittsburgh's offense became dominant AFTER TD WAS FIRED. I'm not sticking up for MM's bad calls, I'm just saying that our GM has not given him any offensive line. Without that nothing works. JP will never develop if he can't set up and throw. Willis can't run through a brick wall either. We all know what the problem is, but TD wants to sell tickets via marketing instead of actually putting out a good product. I'm sooo glad he's gone. Marv Levy and Tom Modrak have proven track records showing that they value the offensive line.