This team has now become a total joke. Marv as GM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

This team has now become a total joke. Marv as GM?

I'm sorry, we are now an even bigger laughing stock. I hope you guys enjoyed 5-11 because it WILL get worse.

Fans and Ralph wilson are so damn hung up in the past they can't do crap now or in the future. LET GO OF THE 90's! It's GONE Folks!! LET IT GO!!!

Marv levy is NOT qualifed to be a GM. Mel Kiper is more qualified if that tells you anything. REAL GM's spend YEARS, maybe DECADES on the road scouting, evaluating talent, etc. All marv has is a few good years COACHING. that does NOT make you a GM. He didn't draft the players that got us to superbowls, Bill Polian did! All Marv did was sit in on the sessions from time to time. Hell the man has said so in the past himself! he left that 'stuff' as he called it, to Bill Polian, John Butler and Dwight Adams.

Bottom line, Ralph wilson isn't qualified to be owner anymore. he is too old and this move, coupled with the fact he won't cut loose MM because of money, proves it. The man has completely lost it. Marv as GM?

This is nothing but PR move. Ralph has given up on fielding a winner. If he hadn't, he would make Marv a member of the staff in some token role to appease fans while hiring a REAL GM, and a REAL Coaching staff.

We are screwed. Just wait and see. I said it when TD was hired, I am saying it now. The only difference? This next time Ralph won't be making the decisions, his daughter will as she sells the team and the Bills STILL aren't competitive.

Enjoy those 90's tapes, that is the only record of success this franchise will have once it's gone in a few years.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: This team has now become a total joke. Marv as GM?

Oh and they are going to announce that 'The Ralph' has been renamed to 'AARP stadium'

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
      Oh and they are going to announce that 'The Ralph' has been renamed to 'AARP stadium'
      That's actually pretty funny, ICE.

Comment

• obi wan
        • Jul 2005

You know what makes a good GM?????

Being smart
        Knowing how to deal with egos
        Knowing how do deal negotiate
        Knowing how to delegate authority to people under you
        Managing skills

We have seen Marv do all of the above. BRAVO MR. WILSON!!!

As for Wilson not being qualified to own the team any more......the only thing that anyone needs to be qualified in to own a football franchise is MONEY!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Not to mention Marv is one of the best delgators inthe history of the NFL. He knows what he can and what he can't do.

Before we judge him as a failure, I would like to see how does.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Bringing back Marv as a GM is a bad move IMO. To bring him back in some manner as a public relations move is fine but not as GM. If this is true RW has truly lost it and am convinced the Bills be a truly great team until there is another owner who knows what to do...

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I remember people saying the same thing about the Redskins when they brought Gibbs back.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

If there's anyone I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to...it's Marv Levy.

He's the smartest person I've ever met...with the exception of Dozerdog.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think Marv is going to be appointed GM. I think Modrak will assume the role. I believe that Marv will take on an advisor position much like Reeves in Houston.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

This is pathetic. Old and Older in charge of our team. Mularkey still as coach?

This is just a PR move for fans that can't let the early 90's go after 12 years. This orginization is a complete joke.

Modrak is there and Marv is the GM? Modrak better be making the decisions and not Marv.

How many of the fans who can't let the early 90's go will give Marv a free ride just because of the love they have for him? I won't I could care less about stuff that happened 12 years ago.

Here's to some more long and endless seasons in Buffalo.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by obi wan
                      You know what makes a good GM?????

Being smart
                      Knowing how to deal with egos
                      Knowing how do deal negotiate
                      Knowing how to delegate authority to people under you
                      Managing skills

We have seen Marv do all of the above. BRAVO MR. WILSON!!!

As for Wilson not being qualified to own the team any more......the only thing that anyone needs to be qualified in to own a football franchise is MONEY!
                      Oh Bull CRAP! What are you marv's kid? Because only Marvs family or Ralphs would post that crap!

A GM's #1 job is to evaluate talent and Get it the hell in here! Marv can't do it!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Oh Bull CRAP! What are you marv's kid? Because only Marvs family or Ralphs would post that crap!

A GM's #1 job is to evaluate talent and Get it the hell in here! Marv can't do it!
                        There will be a lot of Bills homerism liking this move just because it's Marv Levy. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of our team but I doubt it.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Further proof marv has lost it....he feels holcomb is a good QB and was doing a great job until the last game.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            There will be a lot of Bills homerism liking this move just because it's Marv Levy. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of our team but I doubt it.
                            And THAT is exactly what ralph is counting on. all the man gives a SH#@ about is filling seats. The only reason he made this move, was to make sure he fills seats.

Comment

• obi wan
                              • Jul 2005

If you dont like it ...go be a Phin fan.

I am Marvs kid and Dads going to do a bang up job!

By the way why in the mother luving hell would you want Modrak to be the GM for? He is TD jr. He and TD made all those crappy decisions as a team. I am kinda pissed that he even gets to stay and continue to scout.

Comment

Working...
                              X