• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Anyone listen to Marvs audio on WGR?

We are flat screwed. This is going to be a 'Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it'. Well we are going to get it alright.

1) he really likes MM....(do I need to say more?)

2) really likes holcomb and thinks he is a hell of a QB (Again...)

I can go on, but with him as GM, we are screwed. He has all but benched JP because moulds will be back, he likes holcomb and likes MM. All 3 of those = JP sitting for the rest of his career here.

JP's agent had better get the hell on the phone with ol marv RIGHT NOW and demand a trade. I bet marv does it too. he is going to want a VETERAN QB to try and 'win now' The problem is, Holcomb isn't a winner, never has been, never will be.

Christ, we just got worse. How the Fing hell did we just get worse?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Anyone listen to Marvs audio on WGR?

Relax. Marv isn't going to be the GM. He'll be more of a consultant than anything.

Comment

• obi wan
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Relax. Marv isn't going to be the GM. He'll be more of a consultant than anything.
      In Mort I do trust.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        after listening to Levy for the past five years go on and on about how he wants no part of being a consultant as he doesn't believe in the position in the NFL I have no idea how you can say that.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Calm down man...

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Calm down man...
            Why should I calm down? I just saw the absolute last chance at us ever being a contender just get flushed.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
              We are flat screwed. This is going to be a 'Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it'. Well we are going to get it alright.

1) he really likes MM....(do I need to say more?)

2) really likes holcomb and thinks he is a hell of a QB (Again...)

I can go on, but with him as GM, we are screwed. He has all but benched JP because moulds will be back, he likes holcomb and likes MM. All 3 of those = JP sitting for the rest of his career here.

JP's agent had better get the hell on the phone with ol marv RIGHT NOW and demand a trade. I bet marv does it too. he is going to want a VETERAN QB to try and 'win now' The problem is, Holcomb isn't a winner, never has been, never will be.

Christ, we just got worse. How the Fing hell did we just get worse?
              Marv said the same thing about Van Pelt aa a QB, but didnt start him and went with the youngster Collins instead. It means nothing, Marv is a nice guy and will NOT talk trash about any player.

Theres no way we bench our multi-mill QB with loads of inexperienced talent infavor of a career backup who couldnt even go .500 in Hole-Pelt.

It aint happening, just relax and see the signature!

Actually I dont mind this. Marv knows what it takes to goto and win SB's. He knows we need big time talents at some key positions. I only had a problem with him if he had to sit down with Rosenclown and some of the other agents and work out contracts. But, by all reports, Modrak will do that, so thats fine too.

I have no problem with this. Ralph, Modrak, and in a small part Mularkey all wanted Losman, they got him, he has shown flashes, and Hole-Pelt has shown nothing.

We are fine.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Marv likes everybody. I see no cause to sound the Trumpets of Armageddeon.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                  Marv likes everybody. I see no cause to sound the Trumpets of Armageddeon.
                  Look it is my manly time of the month...so let me be....

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

I think Marv is just doing the PR thing. Lets let this play out.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

The one thing I did hear is that Marv made a new fight song, and he does it to an acoustical guitar.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Look it is my manly time of the month...so let me be....

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

1. calm down bro. we don't even know in what capacity he'll be operating, or if all these "rumors" pan out to be false like the do half the time. for all we know this could be speculation and his role could be something like Dan Reeve's in Houston where he is just a consultant.

2. if he is brought in and given a major role w/in the FO i would be somewhat concerned.

marv has a great knack for finding talent, but he's been out of the game for nearly 8 years now as far as coaching/making decisions goes. a lot has changed, and so have the bills. i would have to wonder how good he would be at this point in getting some good talent in here and making personel decisions, especially for a franchise in shambles and a fanbase ready to revolt if the team doesn't start winning. this team needs more than a year or two to repair the damage TD will leave behind, and I don't think the fans would be very patient with Marv given that he was so successful before. i'm guessing that most fans would think he can come in here and fix things in year one and realistically i don't think he or anyone else can do that.

i'd hate to see the legacy of one of the few successful coaches in this franchise's history become tarnished if he fails to succeed.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Ice Im sorry man but you nag like a woman. (excluding our female Zoners of course )

Comment

Working...
                            X