X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Offseason moves needed to be made

-Fire Mike Mularkey and hire Iowa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz We need a disciplinarian which is what Ferentz is. He is an offensive minded coach that knows how to work with offensive lines. He's arguably the best college coach that non-big football fans don't know about.

-Trade Nate Clements For a 1st round pick. I really think we'll get a 1st round pick for him. I think we need to do this because I think he's going to want a ton. Not saying he's not worth it but I don't think its worth it for us to do it.

-Bye Bye Eric Moulds Sorry Eric but you're not worth the money. Cut ties now before we have an even worse season.

-Bye Bye Mike Williams Absolutely no way this guy should be on this team. He took a huge step back last year and is no where near worth his cap #. Gandy and Peters were very solid at the tackle spots.

-JP Losman should start It is beyond me why Holcomb was starting when we were mathematically eliminated. Give the guy time to get better on the field. MM made a huge mistake here.

-Steve Hutchinson/LeCharles Bentley Come on down. We need to acquire 1 of these guys to help our interior offensive line.

-Haloti Ngata Unless Ferguson or Bush fall to us Nagata has to be our pick. Ngata is a beast at the DT spot. Something we haven't seen come out of college in a long time.

-Jimmy Williams Have a strong feeling this guy is going to fall to early in the 2nd round due to several factors. We cannot let this type of talent pass us by. If we have to deal 1 of our 3rd round picks to move up to late in the 1st I would do so.

-Kevin Everett All this talk about drafting a TE and I think we drafted our TE last year. The guy has got some serious talent. I think he would have changed the way our offense was run last year if he didn't get hurt.

-Jurevicius/Givens We need to acquire a good #2 to go behind Lee Evans. I don't think Parrish is a #2. Either of these guys would fit nicely.

-Maurice Morris/Chester Taylor/Jonathon Wells We need a top backup running back. Taylor may get a starting job so he may not be a fit but I would think we could give these guys a 1 or 2 year deal to backup Willis. We'd convince them that Willis could get hurt and they'd be the starter.

Not sure if these moves are feasable because I don't know of contract demands, wanting to come here and the draft rankings but this is what I wouldn't mind happening.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Re: Offseason moves needed to be made

Sounds good. Couple of questions:

1. If we trade Nate Clements, who takes his place?

2. We're not willing to pay Clements but we're willing to pay gazillions for a
    second 1st round pick who is unproven?

3. Eric Moulds should stay. I pray he is willing to renegotiate his contract
    because you're right, he is not worth the money coming to him, but he is still
    a fine receiver in this league and I don't get why everyone has soured on him.

4. I am as displeased with Mularkey as everyone else, but how do we know
    that Ferentz would be any better? So what if he had success in the collegiate
    ranks? When Mularkey was hired, he was one of the hottest offensive minds in the PRO game. That's a hell of alot more than we can say for Ferentz or whatever his name is.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
      -Fire Mike Mularkey and hire Iowa Head Coach Kirk Ferentz We need a disciplinarian which is what Ferentz is. He is an offensive minded coach that knows how to work with offensive lines. He's arguably the best college coach that non-big football fans don't know about.

-Trade Nate Clements For a 1st round pick. I really think we'll get a 1st round pick for him. I think we need to do this because I think he's going to want a ton. Not saying he's not worth it but I don't think its worth it for us to do it.

-Bye Bye Eric Moulds Sorry Eric but you're not worth the money. Cut ties now before we have an even worse season.

-Bye Bye Mike Williams Absolutely no way this guy should be on this team. He took a huge step back last year and is no where near worth his cap #. Gandy and Peters were very solid at the tackle spots.

-JP Losman should start It is beyond me why Holcomb was starting when we were mathematically eliminated. Give the guy time to get better on the field. MM made a huge mistake here.

-Steve Hutchinson/LeCharles Bentley Come on down. We need to acquire 1 of these guys to help our interior offensive line.

-Haloti Ngata Unless Ferguson or Bush fall to us Nagata has to be our pick. Ngata is a beast at the DT spot. Something we haven't seen come out of college in a long time.

-Jimmy Williams Have a strong feeling this guy is going to fall to early in the 2nd round due to several factors. We cannot let this type of talent pass us by. If we have to deal 1 of our 3rd round picks to move up to late in the 1st I would do so.

-Kevin Everett All this talk about drafting a TE and I think we drafted our TE last year. The guy has got some serious talent. I think he would have changed the way our offense was run last year if he didn't get hurt.

-Jurevicius/Givens We need to acquire a good #2 to go behind Lee Evans. I don't think Parrish is a #2. Either of these guys would fit nicely.

-Maurice Morris/Chester Taylor/Jonathon Wells We need a top backup running back. Taylor may get a starting job so he may not be a fit but I would think we could give these guys a 1 or 2 year deal to backup Willis. We'd convince them that Willis could get hurt and they'd be the starter.

Not sure if these moves are feasable because I don't know of contract demands, wanting to come here and the draft rankings but this is what I wouldn't mind happening.
      How are we going to trade Free agent Nate Clements?

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I agree with most of what you are saying but i dont think we have to go out and get a nother RB Lionel Gates will do just fine, maybe pick up or draft another 3rd running back, Clements you would have to sign before u trade him if that is not possible Jabri greer, Eric King, Kevin Thomas, Draft pick or sign somebody would be options, I Think Mike Sherman or Steve Mariucci as well as the Iowa guy would all be better, either DT or LT in 8 slot or trade out and get more draft picks we will need them and they come cheaper than street FA, Draft or Sign a number to WR Sam Aiken and Josh Reed and George Wilson see yah Moulds only if he takes a huge pay cut 2-3mil a year
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

Ferentz will end up in Green Bay. J. Williams will not fall into the 2nd rd.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Still draft another TE and LB as well as O-Line and i think that is a start
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              How are we going to trade Free agent Nate Clements?
              It's called a franchise tag.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
                Ferentz will end up in Green Bay. J. Williams will not fall into the 2nd rd.
                Not sure about that. Also with Williams I think he will fall. His attitude problems and his unknown of whether he's going to be a corner or a safety will cause him to drop to late 1st- early 2nd.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

All that stuff would be great but realistically? No.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                    Sounds good. Couple of questions:

1. If we trade Nate Clements, who takes his place?

2. We're not willing to pay Clements but we're willing to pay gazillions for a
                    second 1st round pick who is unproven?

3. Eric Moulds should stay. I pray he is willing to renegotiate his contract
                    because you're right, he is not worth the money coming to him, but he is still
                    a fine receiver in this league and I don't get why everyone has soured on him.

4. I am as displeased with Mularkey as everyone else, but how do we know
                    that Ferentz would be any better? So what if he had success in the collegiate
                    ranks? When Mularkey was hired, he was one of the hottest offensive minds in the PRO game. That's a hell of alot more than we can say for Ferentz or whatever his name is.
                    1 I would think Jimmy Williams/Terrence McGee would. I just don't think he's worth that money for our team.

2 Low 1st round picks don't make alot.

3 I would like Moulds to stay but he's not going to renegotiate knowing Losman will be starting. Or at least thats what I believe.

4 Its like saying how do we know that an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator of another team could be a good head coach. Its like saying why would a coach be any better here then a team he just got fired from? I'm not sure if you should comment on Ferentz if you don't know who he is. As far Mularkey being 1 of the hottest offensive minds? Not sure about that. He was the offensive coordinator of the Steelers. The year before we got him the Steelers were 21st in the league. They were 16th the year he left.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                      1 I would think Jimmy Williams/Terrence McGee would. I just don't think he's worth that money for our team.
                      2 Low 1st round picks don't make alot.
                      3 I would like Moulds to stay but he's not going to renegotiate knowing Losman will be starting. Or at least thats what I believe.
                      4 Its like saying how do we know that an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator of another team could be a good head coach. Its like saying why would a coach be any better here then a team he just got fired from? I'm not sure if you should comment on Ferentz if you don't know who he is. As far Mularkey being 1 of the hottest offensive minds? Not sure about that. He was the offensive coordinator of the Steelers. The year before we got him the Steelers were 21st in the league. They were 16th the year he left.
                      Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize you "knew" Kirk Frentz. Isn't he like your uncle or something? You guys talk on the phone frequently, spend quality time together, talk football and stuff?

Look. I'm kidding. All I am trying to say is that in all honesty, Buffalo isn't exactly the most attractive coaching option out there. We're probably one of the poorest teams in terms of being able to dish out billions to hire the hottest coordinators out there, signing the biggest names in free agency, etc. So unless you can convince your Uncle Ferentz to come to Buffalo, for probably less money than he could make some place else, don't get your hopes too high.

And Besides, Kirk Ferentz hasn't done squalt on the NFL level either. Hence he is an unknown commodity, much like Mularkey who has really only had two seasons with this team to be fair.

Comment

• hydro014
                        • May 2004

I agree with most of your post except:

1. Ferentz is not going to the NFL, anf if he was, Buffalo would not be an option for him, he would take Minn. or GB.

2. Not a fan of Ngata at the 8th pick, when your top 10 you need to take one the top ten players and Ngata is not one of them. You find a 3rd round DT and one in FA. Also, jimmy williams wont last past pick 20.

Comment

Working...
                        X