Forked Thread: Norv Turner was fired by Oakland...look at the 8 coaches that got canned/retired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Forked Thread: Norv Turner was fired by Oakland...look at the 8 coaches that got canned/retired...

Forked from: Norv Turner was fired by Oakland...look at the 8 coaches that got canned/retired...

Originally posted by madness
    "I imagine, based on readings I'm getting and the feeling I'm getting, there's people interested in me being an offensive coordinator again, so I'll look into that," Turner said. "I wouldn't rule anything out, but I do know I want to coach."

This would be the ideal situation. I still think MM still has what it takes to be a good coach in the NFL. He just needs a little(okay...a lot) tutelage. Plus, I don't think he's going anywhere. Norv could help him with the decision making and get our offense back on track at the same time.
    Norv's Bio
    Ricky Williams' 1,372 rushing yards in 2002 marked the 10th time in Turner's 13 seasons as either a head coach or a coordinator that a running back surpassed the 1,000-yard rushing mark. In Turner's first season with the Dolphins, Miami ranked second in the NFL in rushing with an average of 156.4 yards per contest. The 2,502 total rushing yards were the third-highest total in Dolphins history. ...

With Turner as offensive coordinator with Dallas from 1991-93, running back Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing all three years. In addition, both quarterback Troy Aikman and wide receiver Michael Irvin finished in the top three in the NFL in passing and receiving, respectively, twice apiece. Also during Turner's tenure in Dallas, Jay Novacek led all NFL tight ends in receiving twice and averaged more than 57 receptions a season over that three-year period. ...

In 2001, Turner's lone season as offensive coordinator for the Chargers, running back LaDainian Tomlinson led all NFL rookies with 1,236 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns on 339 attempts, while also catching an NFL rookie-best 59 passes. His rushing total ranked fifth in the AFC and ninth in the NFL. In addition, quarterback Doug Flutie threw for 3,464 yards and wide receiver Curtis Conway had 71 receptions for 1,125 yards, marking just the second time in team history that the Chargers had a 3,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard receiver and a 1,000-yard rusher in the same season.
    This guy has a proven history of turning offenses around. This is exactly what our team needs. Get him here now!
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Forked Thread: Norv Turner was fired by Oakland...look at the 8 coaches that got canned/retired...

Not too suprising.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Re: Forked Thread: Norv Turner was fired by Oakland...look at the 8 coaches that got canned/retired...

Plus, if we can hire Norv as OC, I say Moulds stays put.

Comment

Working...
      X