PDA

View Full Version : Clemens being fired tells me the next coach of the Bills is...

Ebenezer
01-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Mike Mularkey...he's throwing the ass't coaches under the bus to preserve his job.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM
if so, we're doomed.

RedEyE
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Eb, I think you're right.

Mr. Wilson stated that there would be a "restructure" - "a football side and an administrative side". He then went on to mention Marv. Speculating, I willing to bet that Modrak may be left in charge of operations, but Levy will have the ultimate say in the front office with anything having to do with players, on the field etc....

The administrative side will be let up to Modrak and company.

Again, this is my opinion based on the Wilson interview.

RedEyE
01-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Split positions. Titles like:

GM of Football Operations - Marv Levy

Administrative GM - Tom Modrak

billsburgh
01-04-2006, 05:03 PM
why would any quality assistant coaches want to come to Buffalo and work for MM now after he does this?

The_Philster
01-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Split positions. Titles like:

GM of Football Operations - Marv Levy

Administrative GM - Tom Modrak
I think it might be the other way around...Marv has been out of the game for quite a while...but he knows how to relate to the public...a severe problem that TD had.

helmetguy
01-04-2006, 05:12 PM
The writing was on the wall when MM took over the playcalling. MM may not have been much better, but imagine the impact of ****canning an OC in mid campaign.

obi wan
01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
id rather see MM can his OC which was best for the team than to be loyal to his friend and be detrimental to the team. He did the right thing for the Buffalo Bills.

DaBills
01-04-2006, 06:41 PM
"Mike Mularkey...he's throwing the ass't coaches under the bus to preserve his job."
Agree 213%.

"why would any quality assistant coaches want to come to Buffalo and work for MM now after he does this?"

I don't think potential candidates will look at it like that. It's not like MM relieved them of their duties 2 weeks into their tenure. They had their shot, they didn't cut it. And I think that's how all assistants aspiring to move up look at it too.
They'll think that now it's their shot to prove they can do it. And with Levy back in a key team role, I have to think they'll look at that as a positive step and be interested in any opportunity to move up.
Besides, what OC wouldn't want to have a shot at working with KH?
;-p

!Papacrunk!
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I think I've seen this before, maybe on this site, but my jaw dropped when I saw this section in the ESPN article:

"With his coaching hires, Donahoe was faulted for passing over several other worthy candidates, including Carolina's John Fox, Cincinnati's Marvin Lewis, Chicago's Lovie Smith and New England coordinators Charlie Weis, now the coach at Notre Dame, and Romeo Crennel, now with Cleveland."

You have got to be kidding me, if that isn't salt in a wound, I don't know what is. Mularkey could still pan out, but crap, I'm not sure who is/was dumber Rick Spielman or Donahoe. Yeesh, and these people get paid a lot of money to make huge decisions.

madness
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
You guys will blame MM for anything. I think he's being forced to clean house by Mr. Wilson. First off, they both were extremely inadequate so why not fire them? Second, you're telling me that if your boss came to you and said "Two employees under you haven't been doing their job, fire them or I'll fire you!", you'd walk away from your job?

I wouldn't consider it saving his job if the employees are incompetent. I'd call it taking out the garbage.