PDA

View Full Version : Can Willis Mcgahee return back to form?

Kerr
01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
This year was a regression for Mcgahee. You could point fingers at the O-line and coaching staff as factors for his poor play, but i'm tired of the excuses. Mcgahee didn't sound like he was truly motivated this season. He kept bringing up his stats in various interviews such as, "We lost the game, but, hey I got over 100 yds rushing." Out of context, but you get the point. What the bloody hell? Someone needs to have a talk with him and get that UM player mentality out of his system. The guy is going to run himself out of the league faster than Lawrence Phillips if he doesn't shape up. You can't blame Mularkey and the coaching staff for him not being motivated enough. Coaching is a factor in player motivation, but players need to do their own part and find a way to motivate themselves. Also, what's this I hear about brad rolle telling him to pack on pounds? Is this true? No wonder he's looked like a fullback. This is why Rusty Jones was more important than people think. O-line was a little worst than last year, but when has the O-line truly been a strengh for this team? Last season he had consecutive 100+ games with nearly the same O-line and he claimed to be 80% healthy. This year supposedly he was 100% healthy. What gives? You figure it out but what I can see the guy needs a mentor like thurman thomas to get his head straight, which brings me to this part. Bring in Thurman Thomas as rb coach, Marv.

I guess next season is an audition not only for JP, but for Mcgahee as well. We'll see if both are truly our qb and rb of the future.