PDA

View Full Version : Rob Johnson comments on Buffalo

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-23-2003, 12:18 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030122/1041482.asp?1041482.asp

Gruden also offered him a contract extension this season. But I thought he hated Rob?

Johnson's contract runs out in February. It's uncertain how hard the Bucs will push to bring him back. Tampa offered Johnson, 29, a three-year contract extension in September. But he turned it down, to the dismay of Gruden. He didn't want to close out the opportunity to get a chance to be a starter this offseason.

"We had a little problem over that; he didn't like that too much," Johnson said. "But I wanted to wait. There was no reason to do it in the middle of the season."

Johnson said he would be happy to return to Tampa as the backup next year if that's the best offer he receives.

He knows he has to reduce the number of sacks he takes.

"I take one or two a game that are just 1- or 2-yarders that just kill it," he said, referring to his statistics. "Against Carolina (when he took six sacks), there were three that were unabated. I couldn't do anything about it. It looks bad. I run a lot. I'm going to get sacked. The 10-yarders are the ones that kill you. Obviously I'd like to knock that out."

WG
01-23-2003, 12:21 AM
Maybe we should start a Rob Johnson board for those in love w/ him!

Honestly, I get a little tired of reading a dozen threads about a player who isn't even on the team anymore...

:deadhorse

:D

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-23-2003, 12:27 AM
It had comments about Buffalo so I decided to post it.

Wys of all people is sick of reading a dozen threads on the same player or topic? What's the world coming too :D

WG
01-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Oh, there were some comments about Buffalo in there. I didn't read any of it. :D

SABURZFAN
01-23-2003, 07:30 AM
1 or 2 a game???it's more like 1 or 2 a quarter.

Ð
01-23-2003, 08:43 AM
New nickname for RJ

The Sackatolluh Fiveagamie :D

LMB
01-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
1 or 2 a game???it's more like 1 or 2 a quarter.

1 or 2 per set of downs