PDA

View Full Version : Ralph wanted to draft Nugent

Ebenezer
01-04-2006, 04:19 PM
WGR is reporting that a rift may have started between RW and TD on draft day. RW was insistent that the Bills draft Mike Nugent with their pick in the 2nd round. TD refused and drafted undersized and possibly not needed WR Roscoe Parrish. Why would TD draft Parrish?? My bet is that he had no intention of resigning EM. Further, it is funny that the team can't move the ball and Lindell had a career type year...interesting...TD playing "TD knows best".

Novacane
01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
We don't really know that TD would have refused. The Jets took Nuggent before we picked Parrish

Ebenezer
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
We don't really know that TD would have refused. The Jets took Nuggent before we picked Parrish
that is true..i was just repeating what was on the radio.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm very skeptical about this kind of reporting.

Ralph has not meddled in any draft in quite a long time- why start now? Why meddle in a draft over a kicker? Why meddle over a 2nd rounder? One that wasn't even on the board when we picked?

Whether Nugent was the right choice to make or not is irrelivant. Don't make a guy GM then piss and moan he's not drafting who you want. If Ralph wanted to make the draft picks- he would have hired some lacky.

I'm not buying this.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2006, 05:58 PM
I dunno....wasn't Ralph recently quoted as saying (paraphrasing) "I don't know that we needed to draft a WR with all our other needs"?

If that statement is true, then I can believe this one.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd have to see the quote if it exists, and even so- Don't hire a GM or coach and then tell him who to draft or play.

Meddling owners will keep top football people away from your team.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd have to see the quote if it exists, and even so- Don't hire a GM or coach and then tell him who to draft or play.

Agreed.

Maybe Ralph was just so tired of sucking, knowing he doesn't have a lot of years left, that he dipped his toe in the water. I can't say that I wouldn't do the same if I were in his situation.

But I totally agree - owners who meddle will keep the top coaches away.

Ebenezer
01-04-2006, 06:08 PM

Ralph has meddled with this team since the beginning...why do you think he lost Saban (twice), Knox, Polian and Butler.

Tatonka
01-04-2006, 11:36 PM
nugent really helped the jets this season.. he was clutch.

:rolleyes:

also, Cynical.. there is no way that Ralph would have said that about one of his own players.. think how you would feel if your parrish and the owner said "i wish we didnt draft you"..

come on.. no way he said that.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Someone needs to *****slap the media.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Would parrish even understand Ralph?

I could be wrong, but I don't think Ralph speaks Jive.

DaBills
01-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Would parrish even understand Ralph?
I could be wrong, but I don't think Ralph speaks Jive.

word.

:afro:

;-p

Ralph is on record as having taken credit for picking Thurman and Bruce Smith among others, maybe even discovering Elvis – he's old enough you know. But not all owners that meddle suck. Jerry Jones and Al Davis got ta be ROYAL pains in the asses, but they have rings baby.

Scheneider though? Total meddling freak.