For all of you who believe Ralph Wilson actually cares about winning a Championship..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

For all of you who believe Ralph Wilson actually cares about winning a Championship..

...please state your case! It's pretty clear that this guy doesn't want to do what it takes to win a Championship, if so why would keep a bumbling idiot of a HC like MM? Also, why would you bring in Marv who has no GM experience? Oh yeah, that right! He brought in Marv because some of the gullible fans in this town will actually believe substantial changes have been made when in actuality, this is the same freakin' team as this past year! TD may physically be gone, but I've got news for you, he's still here. Where you ask? 1) His right hand man...Tommy Modrak is still here and was a big part of the problems we've had in the draft, 2) Mularkey is still here and he may a bigger problem for this team than TD was and finally, 3) this is TD's team...he built it! What a an F'n joke, the Bills have made changes, but everything has stayed the same. Great, wow...I'm really excited for next year!
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: For all of you who believe Ralph Wilson actually cares about winning a Championship..

It's gonna be a long time before we're good again.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Re: For all of you who believe Ralph Wilson actually cares about winning a Championship..

Originally posted by Fairway
      It's gonna be a long time before we're good again.
      I hate to say this, but probably when we get a new owner. That's a risk in it's own right because who knows if the team stays here.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Waaaaaah, waaaaah. Listen to yourselves, God you guys are miserable pukes. Make a decision, get behind your team or find a new one, but please stop *****ing.

Comment

• Buffatexas
          • Aug 2002

How can anyone even suggest that RW is not committed to winning? What do you want another Daniel Snyder who will spend big bucks and lure every name player to the team just for it to go bunk? So what if some of the hirings that were made are severly questionable. You cannot accuse him of being non committed to winning just because some decisions did not work out. Ralph was not at every game to watch MM coach prior to coming here and he was not at every game to watch Gregg Williams coach either. He relied on what the people that he put in place to advise him of who is the "best person" available for the job. Nor was he briefed by Art Rooney about the Donohoe/Cowher conflict prior to hiring Tom. Think Cleveland felt the same way when they stunk with Belichick? We dont even need to go there and so here it is Gregg Williams now being hyped as the "next best thing" prior to signing that deal with the skins. Think maybe we knew something when we hired Gregg, or maybe that Cleveland knew something when they hired Belichick? It is hit or miss, we may miss with Williams and if we lose Mularkey, we could miss then too. But until that time comes NO ONE will ever know. I am not a Williams/Mularkey/Donohoe fan by any means. All I want in Buffalo is a winner ans as a fan, I will remain loyal to my Bills win or lose. Not being blind, I just love my team and my (former)city.
          And hey, at least we are not the Raiders and have "committed to excellence" emblazoned on everything only to not be so excellent!

Comment

• FirstDownBills
            Your rebirth can't hurt
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            ...please state your case! It's pretty clear that this guy doesn't want to do what it takes to win a Championship, if so why would keep a bumbling idiot of a HC like MM? Also, why would you bring in Marv who has no GM experience? Oh yeah, that right! He brought in Marv because some of the gullible fans in this town will actually believe substantial changes have been made when in actuality, this is the same freakin' team as this past year! TD may physically be gone, but I've got news for you, he's still here. Where you ask? 1) His right hand man...Tommy Modrak is still here and was a big part of the problems we've had in the draft, 2) Mularkey is still here and he may a bigger problem for this team than TD was and finally, 3) this is TD's team...he built it! What a an F'n joke, the Bills have made changes, but everything has stayed the same. Great, wow...I'm really excited for next year!

Whats everyones beef with Marv as GM? Marv knows a whole lot more about football than Donahoe. I believe Marv can get us the players that will lead us once again to the promise land. Wow, I just can't believe people are doubting Marv now.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
            Playoff Record: 0-0
            Super Bowl Appearances: 0
            Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

As an advisor, or liason for a feeble Ralph Wilson to the rest of the football world, Marv is a good choice.

But As a college scout/talent evaluator, a negotiator with agents, and cap management, he's been out of action way to long, he's to old to go through the rigors of the job, and he has no real NFL GM experience.

Other than that- he's fine.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Get Wolf and Sherman. Use Marv as executive advisor. That's what I do anyway.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Give Wilson a break, the poor guy is about to die any minute now... did you see the press conference? I actually seen skin flaking off.
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

I dont know how anyone could ever second guess Ralphs desire to win. This league and this team is his life. He has built it from the ground up and he is making changes BECAUSE he wants to win. Sure he has had his flops with personnel, but dont question his desire to win bc of that. If he sat around and did nothing after this year, then i would have questioned it. Give the guy a break.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

He's probably thinking that he would rather retool than overhaul the team. Too much change at once and it really will be years before you become good again.

Again, if there's anyone I trust, it's Marv. Hopefully he will get a small piece of ownership with this.

As for MM, I don't think we have seen what he's capable of yet. I'm sure he has potential. I just hope that he hasn't lost the vets with the Moulds and Adams tet-a-tets. Give him two real coordinators, and lets see what he's made of.

Would I have liked a new coach. In this instance, yes. But change for change sake is just that...and I believe he will be on a short leash.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Guys...

Marv is going to "oversee football operations"

Do you know what that means?

He is going to be a liason, give advice, opinions, suggestions. In this capacity, I am fine with Marv being here. He will get the right GM in here to turn this dump around and he can help advise them on who to bring in through free agency and the draft, that is what he's best at.

Listen to RW's press conference again, he kept saying "we"... he is going to use Marv to help him find the right personel so he doesn't make another dumb move like he did with TD.

Give the guy some credit. Some of you guys really shock me as fans with your incessant *****ing - you are never happy with anything, so why are some of you even fans?

Has Marv ever failed? Look at the guy's track record. He's won or turned around teams everywhere he's gone and that's because he knows what he's doing and people believe in him. TD was here for 5 years and couldn't say that about himself.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Marv failed 4 times. The knock against him has always been that he couldn't win the big one.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Re: For all of you who believe Ralph Wilson actually cares about winning a Championsh

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                            Marv failed 4 times. The knock against him has always been that he couldn't win the big one.
                            How many coaches have been able to motivate a team that get's embarassed on a national stage to compete the next season and get back to that level - 4 times in a row.

Getting to the Super Bowl 4 times is no failure. The Eagles, who everyone thinks are so great, had 4 cracks at it and only got there once.

The Bills played some of the best teams in Super Bowl history and had a good shot at winning 2 of them had certain players performed to their abilities.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I'm not knocking him, relax. Just pointing out he is not God and that he has failures on his resume. Some folks are acting like the second coming has occurred with him returning. I think Ralph is just reaching out to a familiar face and is missing the last chance to fix this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X