PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute guys and gals

Devin
01-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I get everyones dissapointment. I really do, its been a long 5 years.

1. Marv Levy has no GM experience. BUT I believe 100% Marv loves this team and city like no other, he is a smart man and I 100% believe he will put the right personell in place for the long run. Marv will have good people around him to help with the GM stuff. He isnt a stupid man, remember that. Marv is a student of football. Period. Plus hes replacing TD for crying out loud. TD!! Id take Levy over TD at GM any day. Levy doesnt allow his ego or pride get in the way of his decision making.

2. Marv is probably the single best motivator (football wise) on the planet. If he took this entire team, sat it in a conference room and spoke with them I believe he would make a huge difference. He just gets players, and I guess im just saying to not count the guy out before hes begun.

3. Yes I hate that MM is here for another season. But, I think we will bring in better coordinators (potentially our future HC). We got rid of Clements, probably will get rid of Gray. We are improving here, i am a little naive about it I know. I guess I just think we made progress so far and if Marv does what I believe he will do this will be a better team next year.

Have faith.

Ebenezer
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm willing to give it the year (having no other choice) but it will become painfully obvious how much influence ML has if MM keeps up the same crap...

Devin
01-04-2006, 06:23 PM
You're right.

I just hope Mularkey is willing to learn/listen.

hydro014
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
We now know that MM is still the coach, clements is gone, and most likely Marv is new GM. If Grey leaves or gets canned what do you think the chances are that haslett would come in as DC? I know he most likely would take a head coaching job first, and he wouldn't get paid like he wants to, but he does love Buffalo. In this case he could also land hisdream job if MM blows his last chance. I havent really looked into other DC so i really dont know who else i would like, or even who's out there. Also, what do u guys think of martz as a OC? I know that would never happen but it just crossed my mind.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I don't want Martz to even get interviewed for the OC job.

ZacGriffi~82
01-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Martz=Gilbride.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 07:07 PM
1) Marv does have GM experience- albeit over 30 years ago in the CFL with Montreal

2) Haslett won't be a coordinator. He will be a head coach- he's interviewing in Detriot tonight or tomorrow.

3) Our OC and DC will probably come from one of the teams that had coach firings. Or a position coach from one of the NFL finalists in the playoffs.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
1) Marv does have GM experience- albeit over 30 years ago in the CFL with Montreal

2) Haslett won't be a coordinator. He will be a head coach- he's interviewing in Detriot tonight or tomorrow.

3) Our OC and DC will probably come from one of the teams that had coach firings. Or a position coach from one of the NFL finalists in the playoffs.

I think Martz is gonna get the Detroit job - he just makes more sense there (great recievers+astroturf = Martz wetdream).

Also there was a lot of talk about Detroit making a hard push for Parcells on the NFL Network yesterday. Parcells and Millen are good friends, and Matt Millen needs to do something quick to endear himself to the Detroit fans or he's gonna be dropped just like TD was.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 07:19 PM

What ever happens, I have faith that Marv will right the course of this ship.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2006, 10:45 PM

I truly hope that if Marv is GM, he somehow manages to get Haslett as HC and dumps MM. Not that I'm totally convinced on Haslett, but if its a choice between Jim and Mooooolarkey, I'd take Jim every time. And the alumni factor with Marv/Jim would be great maketing material, something this team desperately needs after 5 years in the dark ages. Also think those two would feel like they are "home" and would care about the team.

Devin
01-04-2006, 10:48 PM
What ever happens, I have faith that Marv will right the course of this ship.

I feel the same. Marv is primarily here to help lead and evaluate, I think he is going to bring some good people here.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
his reputation amongst the media/players/potential assistants who know anything about football will be his biggest asset in luring top people here.

Devin
01-04-2006, 10:53 PM
yup!

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me in two years some of us will be griping about why Marv wouldn't just stay retired, or die. LOL

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
well, if we do end up with that frame of mind, we'll know who jinxed us now won't we?