PDA

View Full Version : Ralphs comments, the INTERESTING stuff

X-Era
01-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Mularkey will NOT be looking over his shoulder by the GM.

Well, that can playout a bunch of ways:

1) Mularkey is now reporting DIRECTLY to Ralph? He basically just got a promotion.

2) Mularkey makes the FINAL decisions on who plays unless trumped by Ralph. That could happen but its more likely that Mularkey in fact decides. Maybe, just maybe, Mularkey went along with Holcomb in part due to TD's influence and not because he didnt support JP. It will be fun to watch what happens there.

3) If Levy is the new GM, our best head coach EVER will have NO say about the ON the field stuff? Is that the best use of Levys talent?

4) Mularkey may actually seek out Levy to be a mentor when not forced to obey all directions from the GM. Levy could teach Mularkey alot and a such a nice guy who has no real responsibility for Mularkeys decisions (according to the direct reporting scenario), Levy could be a great coaches coach.

5) If Mularkey reports directly to Ralph, the vets best be scared. They AINT gonna run jacksh_t anymore. Thats actually a good thing. Unless it means Mularkey thinks Holcomb can take them to the playoffs, HE CANT.

Ralph is now the president and there are now 2 sides to the front office, admin and football (coaching).

1) So, Ralph will have the final say on the draft and ALL player moves.

2) Ralph will be the ultimate guy to hear any gripes from players, and really as mentioned above, skips Levy, as with what happened with Moulds. Mularkey just gained a TON of power. Mularkey can tell the vets where the bear sh_ts in teh woods and if they dont like it they can go talk to Ralph, a guy who just kept Mularkey OVER TD.

3) It appears Ralph will be THE guy to decide what we need, the BULK of the work will come from Levy (if true), but Ralph will decide who stays, goes, and comes in. Levy and Ralph BOTH dont go the bargain basement route, BOTH know what franchise players mean to a team. They talk up Reed, Thurman, Kelly, ad Bruce every time they can.

This ACTUALLY IS a major change from TD (the emperor) who wanted to put Ralph in a nursing home and just inform him of every decision HE made. TD was a tyrrant who ran EVERY aspect and probably KILLED a guy like Mularkey who at times made very good choices, benching Sam, suspending Moulds.

A few things are for sure:

Ralph is backing Mularkey 300%, in what he says and does next year. So we best hope for Mularkey to make the right calls or we are screwed.

Ralph and Levy (if true) will try to bring us back to the glory days most likely using what worked in the past. That means franchise players at a few positions, and BIG lineman.

Ralph and Levy both know that BIG name players mean BIG money. It wasnt Ralph who had a problem with paying Drew or Moulds top dollar. Hes willing to spend money, its TD that was the tightwad and screwed us.

Overall, I think its a good day, but Levy and Mularkey need to step WAY up and make smart, sound, and sometimes gutsy moves.

Spend the money, get your keystone BIG name players, invest HEAVILY in the lines, and bring back the TRUE Bills glory.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I think you drew wrong conclusions on almost every point.

X-Era
01-04-2006, 07:11 PM

Ehhh?

So NO GM looking over your back and Ralph is the Pres DOESNT mean Mularkey reports DIRECTLY to Ralph?

I am merely repeating his words.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Ralph will not have any day-to-day involvment with any player moves, drafting, who stays, who gets cut, who plays, who rides the bench.

He hires people to do that.

Firing your assistant coaches to save your ass hardly sounds like a "promotion"

NEWSFLASH- Wilson pretty much held the title of President every year he's owned the club until he brought in TD. He's going back to what worked in the past. Get one guy to run the football side and one guy to run the marketing (Ticket sales, promotions, stadium stuff, ect..)

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Your assesment of TD being "cheap" with money and Ralph wanting to spend more for players is all backwards as well. TD spent up to the cap- if anything gave too much to people like Moulds and Williams.

Wilson is one of the poorest owners in the league- as far as having huge sums of liquid cash on hand to pay out massive signing bonuses (like a Snyder or Jones).

That's why you will never see a 5-6 million per season coach like Spurrier, Gibbs, Bill Parcells.

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 07:32 PM
What any of this truely means is beyond me, but I couldn't be happier that changes were made - hopefully those changes will prove to be enough.

Gunzlingr
01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
go bills!

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2006, 10:51 PM
:rofl: