PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy, Offensive Co-ordinator?

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2006, 08:41 PM
He said he wants to coach still, why not come back to the Bills as the OC? If not him, what about Jim Kelly? Kelly ran the K-Gun for many years, and basically called most of the team's plays during that tenure. He may not be ready to be an OC quite yet, but I'd can Wyche and bring Kelly as the QB coach for sure. It's clear to me that Wyche isn't teaching Losman a damn thing.

Mr. Cynical
01-04-2006, 08:48 PM
If Marv has anything to do with it, you can bet Kelly is on his list for QB coach.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2006, 08:56 PM
If Marv has anything to do with it, you can bet Kelly is on his list for QB coach.

I hope so. I thought Wyche was supposed to be a teacher, but from the little amount Losman seemed to learn under him, I'm beginning to wonder if he'll be let go too. I've always thought Jimbo would be a great coach, and QB coach would be a good place to start.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 08:58 PM
So What makes Jim Kelly a QB coach? A last name? Why not Elway, Esiason or Marino?

Another dreamer living in the past.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2006, 09:01 PM
So What makes Jim Kelly a QB coach? A last name? Why not Elway, Esiason or Marino?

And this is why I don't post much in the Bills forum.

chernobylwraiths
01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
And this is why I don't post much in the Bills forum.

Well, you have to admit that every time a coaching vacancy or even non vacancy comes up, someone will put one of the Bills greats on their list. Thurman for RB coach, Hull for Oline coach, Tasker for special teams coach. What nobody seems to realize is that most of these guys don't want anything to do with coaching. That is why they aren't trying to pursue it. They know the long hours and seven day a week schedule and like living off of their football money.

Besides, just because they were great players, doesn't automatically mean they would be good coaches. Name five great former NFL players who went on to become good NFL coaches of ANY position.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm serious. Kelly hasn't coached anything more than children at a football camp. And we want to plop someone in there that hasn't done a thing in football in a decade? He's been on golf courses and the dinner speaking circuit.

If Kelly went the Alex Van Pelt route and coached in Europe, in college, and /or on the volunteer level with the Bills, then sure.

But since he retired, FBH has more "coaching experience" than Jimbo.

Dozerdog
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, you have to admit that every time a coaching vacancy or even non vacancy comes up, someone will put one of the Bills greats on their list. Thurman for RB coach, Hull for Oline coach, Tasker for special teams coach. What nobody seems to realize is that most of these guys don't want anything to do with coaching. That is why they aren't trying to pursue it. They know the long hours and seven day a week schedule and like living off of their football money.

Besides, just because they were great players, doesn't automatically mean they would be good coaches. Name five great former NFL players who went on to become good NFL coaches of ANY position.

George Halas?

Nighthawk
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Amen...:goodpost:

L.A. Playa
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM
:lmao:

L.A. Playa
01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Mike Ditka

chernobylwraiths
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
George Halas?

Maybe I should have said modern day era player. At least from post WW2. :D

paladin warrior
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
He said he wants to coach still, why not come back to the Bills as the OC? If not him, what about Jim Kelly? Kelly ran the K-Gun for many years, and basically called most of the team's plays during that tenure. He may not be ready to be an OC quite yet, but I'd can Wyche and bring Kelly as the QB coach for sure. It's clear to me that Wyche isn't teaching Losman a damn thing. How about bring Wade Phillips to DEF coach again :king:

ublinkwescore
01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I suggested that already - if anyone's capable of luring him back here, it's Marv.

And if anyone's capable of convincing him and Ralph Wilson of putting aside their differences, it's Marv.

AndreReed83
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Thurman would get a spot on OkState's staff before the Bills, in my opinion. He travels with the team, goes to every game, and talks to the team a lot.