• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Favre to retire?

Favre not Expected to Return
    John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre is not expected to return to the team in 2006.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: Favre to retire?

THAT SUCKS.

I really hope its not true. The greatest QB of all time (IMO) shouldn't go out like he did. That offense was decimated with injuries. He should play one more year.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Maybe he'll become a free agent. Buffalo should sign him. He's better then anything we got.

Comment

• DaBills
        • Sep 2004

If it's true, cheers to the cheesehead. A great ****ing QB.
        “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          Maybe he'll become a free agent. Buffalo should sign him. He's better then anything we got.
          I KNEW someone would make a totally assinine post like this.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

That is too bad, he is only 22 picks away from the All-Time Career Interception Record.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by NE39
              That is too bad, he is only 22 picks away from the All-Time Career Interception Record.

How childish to hate on Favre. One of the classiest guys to put on an NFL uniform. Great QB. If you want to start with the stats, why not list a few others like his total touchdowns, yards, W-L record, etc? He totally loves the game, played through major personal adversity and basically single handedly brought the Pack back to respectability. Is fun to watch. And above all is not an a**hole usually associated with a player of his success.

Childish.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

Favre may be good overall in his career but lately he's been playing downright pitifully.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  THAT SUCKS.

I really hope its not true. The greatest QB of all time (IMO) shouldn't go out like he did. That offense was decimated with injuries. He should play one more year.
                  Play one more year to embarrass himself some more?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                    • Aug 2003

Ya the Bills should sign him he can teach JP how to throw 30 INTS in 1 year

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Please. Tell me you're not going to try and make an argument against Favre based on this one season. (not even taking into consideration Green, Walker, his 2 starting OL and others were out)

Last year he had 30TDs and 17INTs. Last year, not 3 or 5 years ago, so it's still a relevant stat. And the last time he had more INTs than TDs was 1999 - Rhodes's first and only year as head coach - and it was 22TDs/23INTs. After that you have to go back to his second year in GB (1993) where he had 19TDs/24INTs.

So that's it. 3 years in his entire 15 year career where he has tossed more INTs than TDs. One at the beginning, one in the middle and one this year (and that's because he tried to carry the team....it was decimated with more injuries on offense than any team I can remember)

Given his overall stats, W-L record, number of times he willed the team to victory and made them play above their limits, etc., etc....I think it's safe to say he's earned a few mulligans. And again, it is only because he had a depleted team around him that he tried to carry.

Can he do what he used to do? No. Do I want him here? No. Do I think he can still play better than half the QBs in the league? Absolutely. And does he deserve respect? More than 99% of the current players in the league.

Ripping on him is just plain stupid. But go ahead, no skin off my back.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

im just joking around

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

How childish to hate on Favre. One of the classiest guys to put on an NFL uniform. Great QB. If you want to start with the stats, why not list a few others like his total touchdowns, yards, W-L record, etc? He totally loves the game, played through major personal adversity and basically single handedly brought the Pack back to respectability. Is fun to watch. And above all is not an a**hole usually associated with a player of his success.

Childish.

Save your preaching and self-rightiousness attitude. I'm a big Brett Favre fan, always have been. I just stated a fact. He is only 22 picks from the all-time NFL record for interceptions. That is because he still has his trademark confidence, but doesn't have the ability he used to. Favre's trademark was his ability to improvise plays and make something where there was nothing. He would make plays no one else could, and only he could get away with it. The last couple seasons his play has eroded, and he makes a lot more negative plays. That is what I'm referring to, and why I don't see his retirement as a sad event. It is time.

That is just a statement of fact, not hating on the guy. I don't see his retirement as sad event, the time has come.

Favre is a sure HOF, his the three-year straight MVP performances rank him among the best of all-time. I think Montana was the best I've ever seen, though.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                            Save your preaching and self-rightiousness attitude. I'm a big Brett Favre fan, always have been. I just stated a fact. He is only 22 picks from the all-time NFL record for interceptions though. That is because he still has his trademark confidence, but doesn't have the ability he used to. Favre's trademark was his ability to improvise plays and make something where there was nothing. He would make plays no one else could, and only he could get away with it. The last couple seasons his play has eroded, and he makes a lot more negative plays. That is what I'm referring to, and why I don't see his retirement as a sad event. It is time.

That is just a statement of fact, not hating on the guy. I don't see his retirement as sad event, the time has come.

Favre is a sure HOF, his the three-year straight MVP performances rank him among the best of all-time. I think Montana was the best I've ever seen, though.
                            What a load of crap. You didn't just state a fact. You ripped him (however facetiously it may have been) and now you feel exposed and are trying to tap dance.

And P.S. - that's the first time I've ever heard someone call 30TDs, 17INTs and 4,088 YDs as "eroding". That was last year, not 3 or 5 years ago.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                              im just joking around
                              My bad....

It's all good.

Comment

Working...
                              X