PDA

View Full Version : A question for you.

SabreEleven
01-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Back when the Broncos changed their jersey, the fans *****ed and the Broncos were going to change them back to the original uniforms and then the Broncos accidently went and won 2 Super Bowls and they didn't change them back.

Now say the Sabres win the Stanley Cup this year :pray:, do we keep the current ones or change back to the good old Blue and Gold? I'm not sure of this but I bet we would be the first team in major sports to make a major uniform change the year after winning a championship.

Discuss.

fushetti
01-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Honestly, the Sabres current jerseys are tired and old looking to me. Very mid
90's looking and just not hip anymore (if they ever were?).

I'm 26 and still, when I think fondly of the Sabres, i think of when I was a kid going to the Aud, getting blue and gold apparel... etc. Every time I go past Memorial Auditorium to go to the HSBC, I wish I was going to a game there again. All this comes from a guy who had season tickets thru the deep playoff runs of the late 90's and early 2000's with the new jerseys and arena. The last game of the 02-03 season when they played Jersey and wore the original uniforms was amazing.

I'm not for bringing back the old uniforms in their original fashion, but i'm for bringing back the original colors on a newly designed uniform. Black, Red, and Silver are not our colors. In other sports, teams have drastically altered their look (detroit pistons for one example) and then redesigned them back to their original look.

I guess long story short, if they won the cup this year, GREAT! But, scrap the goat and bring my teams colors back.

buffalofan19
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I like the current uniforms, and hope they stay, but I don't think I would lose too much sleep if the old ones are brought back, if they are the old ones. I think a hybrid blue and gold would be stupid. That would mean that this is the 3rd different jersey scheme the team has had in the past 10 years, including the old blue and gold, and to me that shows more of a lack of identity than anything else.

JD
01-05-2006, 12:08 PM
The last game of the 02-03 season when they played Jersey and wore the original uniforms was amazing.
I'm not for bringing back the old uniforms in their original fashion, but i'm for bringing back the original colors on a newly designed uniform. Black, Red, and Silver are not our colors. In other sports, teams have drastically altered their look (detroit pistons for one example) and then redesigned them back to their original look.
I guess long story short, if they won the cup this year, GREAT! But, scrap the goat and bring my teams colors back.

Someone buy this man a beer!
:hi5:

Ngxtreme13
01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Black, Red, and Silver are not our colors

AMEN!
bring back the blue and gold