PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs in 2006?

Mahdi
01-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I know things dont look so good right now but this team has a lot of bright spots. And there have been many teams in the last couple of years who have bounced back from 4 to 6 win seasons to make it to the playoffs the next year, such as;

The Jets, Steelers, Chargers and the Falcons who all had between 4 and 6 wins in 2003 and made it to the playoffs in 2004.

Last year: The Giants, Redskins, Bears, Bucs all had between 4-6 wins and are now in the playoffs. And Carolina was 7-9.

On offense we have great skill players in Willis, Moulds, Evans and JP along with some good role players ( Reed, Parrish, maybe Everett) who will greatly benefit from the addition of only 2 interior O-linemen. Opening up the running game will help JP hit his stride, and we all saw that he is capable of making plays.

On D: Fletcher, Spikes, Schobel, Adams. Vincent, Milloy, McGee, Clements(?), Crowell will all benefit from one solid DT and one playmaker at LDE.

In total that is 4 players that can completely change this team. And if some of us are worried about the age of our D, well look no further than the Bucs who have one of the best Defenses in the league and are doing it with a lot of old guys. The difference is that they dont have a weakness in the interior of their line and they have 2 solid pass rushers on the outside. Which is exactly what we need.

Therefore, assuming these 4 holes are filled in FA and the Draft this team will succeed in 2006!

Mitchy moo
01-05-2006, 04:55 AM
MM? need i say more?

ArcticWildMan
01-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Wait and see who we have as coordinators and what we do in FA. It's possible but we have too many questions right now to even think of talking about the playoffs. Just getting above .500 is first on my list.

ZEUS
01-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Don't even start with this playoff BS. This kind of talk is why people get so disappointed. Let's be realistic. It's like Norv Turner said "there is no quick fix in the NFL." This team needs an overhaul. Moulds, Milloy, Vincent, Clements, and Adams will probably not be there. Milloy, Vincent, and Clements can hit the road anyway, no big loss. Who knows if Spikes will be the same? Playoffs, yeah right. However, I hope I'm wrong.

Historian
01-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Pipe dream.

We need too many linemen.

ArcticWildMan
01-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Pipe dream.

I don't think people realize how badly TD neglected the line situation on this team. We have one, maybe two Olinesmen worth keeping and one, maybe two Dlinesmen worth keeping. It's sad.

don137
01-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Pipe dream.

Exactly...Other than a failed attempt to draft a tackle in Mike Williams TD never truly addressed the OL. He thought McNally could make a diamond from crap. Look at the players he brought in the past couple of years Anderson, Gandy, Smith and Villiareal. They are all at the very bottom ranking for starters at their position.

ShadowHawk7
01-05-2006, 06:44 AM
The thing is, did we make the right decision firing TD instead of MM, or should we have fired both? I'd say more of the blame for our lackluster season is on MM than TD. TD made some good and bad decisions but he got a above .500 team together on paper, and I think MM screwed it up. But we'll see how it turns out.

Buckets
01-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Don't even start with this playoff BS. This kind of talk is why people get so disappointed. Let's be realistic. It's like Norv Turner said "there is no quick fix in the NFL." This team needs an overhaul. Moulds, Milloy, Vincent, Clements, and Adams will probably not be there. Milloy, Vincent, and Clements can hit the road anyway, no big loss. Who knows if Spikes will be the same? Playoffs, yeah right. However, I hope I'm wrong.

:bf1:

Drive 4 Five
01-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Another reason we likely will not make the playoffs is because of ignorant fans. Like Skooby.

:snicker:

bernielivsey_1
01-05-2006, 10:11 PM
:cry: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO :coocoo:

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
:no:

Drive 4 Five
01-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Playoffs? AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA. MUAH HA HA HA HA.

Yeah. Not likely.

:drunks:

If that's what gets you through the off season...

Hope always springs eternal eh? Can't blame a feller for trying.

Mr. Cynical
01-05-2006, 11:32 PM
---Insert infamous Jim Mora quote here---

"Playoffs? Playoffs?"

gr8slayer
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
You gotta BILLieve

audio/s
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Unless we go something like 5-1 in the beginning of the season and only lose one division game most likely not.

gr8slayer
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Unless we go something like 5-1 in the beginning of the season and only lose one division game most likely not.
I think it will all depend on the guy in your signature.

Mahdi
01-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Playoffs? AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA. MUAH HA HA HA HA.

Yeah. Not likely.

:drunks:

If that's what gets you through the off season...

Hope always springs eternal eh? Can't blame a feller for trying.
I bet Bucs fans were thinking the same thing last year.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-06-2006, 04:50 AM
The thing is, did we make the right decision firing TD instead of MM, or should we have fired both? I'd say more of the blame for our lackluster season is on MM than TD. TD made some good and bad decisions but he got a above .500 team together on paper, and I think MM screwed it up. But we'll see how it turns out.

I would have liked to see both fired.

I don't know how, after last season, either TD or MM could have any credibility with the players on this team--even those who bought into what they wanted to do. I don't see how MM could re-establish control over the lockerroom after basically losing control over his team last season.

I know it's R.Wilson's money and not mine, but I think that the Bills would be better off if they ate the remainder of MM's contract and started over with a new HC with M.Levy overseeing him. I can't see how Levy can give MM a backbone transplant after he turned into a jelly-fish last season. Maybe it can happen, but I can't see it. And, unless the Bills have everyone on the team on the same page at the same time, I think that it won't matter how much talent they have in the lockerroom--they won't make the playoffs or be able to play winning football consistently.

ZEUS
01-06-2006, 05:34 AM
I bet Bucs fans were thinking the same thing last year.

We don't have John Gruden or Monty Kiffen on our coaching staff.
We also don't have Mike Alstot or Cadillac Williams or anything close to Tampa's O-line.

Historian
01-06-2006, 05:42 AM
I would have liked to see both fired.

I don't know how, after last season, either TD or MM could have any credibility with the players on this team--even those who bought into what they wanted to do. I don't see how MM could re-establish control over the lockerroom after basically losing control over his team last season.

I know it's R.Wilson's money and not mine, but I think that the Bills would be better off if they ate the remainder of MM's contract and started over with a new HC with M.Levy overseeing him. I can't see how Levy can give MM a backbone transplant after he turned into a jelly-fish last season. Maybe it can happen, but I can't see it. And, unless the Bills have everyone on the team on the same page at the same time, I think that it won't matter how much talent they have in the lockerroom--they won't make the playoffs or be able to play winning football consistently.

I've been thinking the same thing...which is why I voted "absolutely neutral" in Meathead's poll. After messing with Adams, Moulds, both quarterbacks, etc....I don't know how you get anyone's respect back.

Not to mention the innane playcalling.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2006, 04:49 PM
We also don't have Mike Alstot or Cadillac Williams or anything close to Tampa's O-line.

Bingo.

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
honestly i would be happy with 8 and 8

Mahdi
01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Clearly, we dont have an O-line as good as Tampa's but I stated in my post that playoffs were contingent on getting the O-line and D-line fixed, which is a distinct possibility considering both Mularkey and Levy's comments that we need to bring in players for the lines. Also, Mularkey has not had the personnel in order to execute his gameplan which is why he looks incompetent.

Mahdi
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
And as for not having Cadillac, big deal, Willis will be 10X better when our O-line is fixed. He ran for 1247 behind what we have now, imagine what he can do with some real talent up front.

Novacane
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM
:lmao: yeah right

G. Host
01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Pipe dream.

Denver took four linemen disgarded from Cleveland Browns and made it workable so if they get lucky and have good coaching we could have almost a whole new line in sync.

HHURRICANE
01-06-2006, 08:52 PM
MM? need i say more?

Skooby you have become a cynic. I was so used to your unparalleled optimism!!
Come on, can you say "SUPER BOWL"!!!

Nublar7
01-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Playoffs in 2006?No