X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Vince Young - WOW!

Anybody see this kid last night? Im sure most of you did and share the same opinion, WOW.
    I'm not a big college football fan. But I have never seen a college QB run and dominate like that before. The kid was just freakin awesome, and he seems to have a good attitude. Just wanted to say he was unreal.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Vince Young - WOW!

Agreed!! In fact I am watching a replay of the Rose Bowl on ESPNU right now!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

I agree. As great as Reggie Bush looks, I'd take Young over him in the draft (assuming he were to declare).

The think about Young is he is an extremely athletic QB like Michael Vick, but he is a lot bigger. He is 6-5, 235#, which is great size for a QB. That separates him from most of the other running QB, and helps him read the field and operate from the pocket.

I don't ever remember seeing anyone like Young before. He is unreal.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
        • Dec 2005

Young could very well go #1 after last nights performance. As amazing as Bush is VY looks just as amazing and after the lateral stunt Bush tried to pull off VY looked better.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

that was an excellent game...a lot of guys going 2000% and not even getting paid....yet.

Comment

• Ngxtreme13
            • Aug 2005

ya but dont forget its college
            if he runs that much in the NFL he will get hurt
            soo.. hes gonna have to be careful

but reggie bush is unbelievable fast!

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

He's Dante Culpepper without the annoying turnovers - and Young has huge leadership qualities

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

They do say his throwing motion makes NFL scouts reach for the rolaids. I must admit it does look odd.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

it's a full 100% sidearm... sorta puts him on level with doug flutie with regards to his release point. He will get balls batted back into his face in the NFL.

I rather don't like what I see from him as a pro prospect. He plays the game a lot like RJ did/does. And while he can get away with that in college (like RJ did in college), in the NFL it will only result in injuries and sacks. That said, I think he's got a more accurate, and I think marginally stronger arm then Matt Leinart

As a college QB he is fantastic... one of the best ever... but then, so was Danny Wuerfle, and only the tragically delusional thought he'd be a good NFL QB.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

We need Jimmy Williams

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah he was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        it's a full 100% sidearm... sorta puts him on level with doug flutie with regards to his release point. He will get balls batted back into his face in the NFL.

I rather don't like what I see from him as a pro prospect. He plays the game a lot like RJ did/does. And while he can get away with that in college (like RJ did in college), in the NFL it will only result in injuries and sacks. That said, I think he's got a more accurate, and I think marginally stronger arm then Matt Leinart

As a college QB he is fantastic... one of the best ever... but then, so was Danny Wuerfle, and only the tragically delusional thought he'd be a good NFL QB.
                        Same knock against Rivers right? He throws sidearm as well, extremely sidearm. There was a comment in an article on espn.com I believe it was saying they didnt understand how he even cleared the line of scrimmage. But his last year of college I think he was the most accurate QB, completed something like 69/70% of his passes.

Course at this rate no telling when we will get to see what Rivers is made of.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                        X