PDA

View Full Version : Marv will be a tie breaker

ghz in pittsburgh
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
That's where TD fails miserably in Pittsburgh and in Buffalo. I remind everyone that TD was the Russ Brandon of the Steelers before he became their GM. His football savvy is suspect at best. There will always be different opinions about players, college guys to draft between the coaching staff and the scouting staff. The final say is the GM except a few places like New England. Cowher was overuled so much by Donahoe that he submitted resignation letters to Rooneys during the late 1990s. I don't know what happened in Buffalo the last few years, but the indications are the few big decision that failed in Buffalo - the GW hiring, the 2002 draft, the Bledsoe trade and dumping of Bledsoe, the Losman trade - looked to have TD's finger prints all over.

Can Marv make Mularkay and Modrak work together smoothly like Cowher and Colbert in Pittsburgh? That's the key and I'm not sure about. Modrak, while football savvy, is not easy to work with, evident by his fallout in Phily. The way I see Mularkay, he really tries to copy what Cowher did here from the pre-season movie outings to individual players interview at the end of the season for everyone on the team. He does not have the pedigree of Cowher yet so he might not bud heads against what he does not believe in directly. But the team will suffer that way.

lordofgun
01-05-2006, 10:48 AM
So he's basically the Vice President of the Bills senate?

Michael82
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM
So he's basically the Vice President of the Bills senate?
yup