PDA

View Full Version : The draft scares me

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
If New Orleans takes Leinart, which they very well might, it scares me that Tennessee can get stupid and say "well we already have Volek and we have so many other holes to fill...", and takes another position, Vince Young could go to the Jets.

After seeing the game last night, I DO NOT want to have to face this guy twice a year. He's stronger Michael Vick with an arm. :eek:

carybillsfan
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
It won't happen Young either goes to NO or to Tenn. I personally would take him ahead of Leinart. It all depends on who becomes coach of NO. Young ios good friends with McNair, if Ten has a shot at him they take him and trade volek away.

Crazygoo
01-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Thats if young even comes out

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
rumor is that Young will come out and the Texans are gonna take him and NO will trade the rights to Bush for a **** load of picks

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Thats if young even comes out
He'd be absolutely insane if he didn't come out.

I'm not so sure if he'd go before Leinart. Who does each of these QBs remind you of?

Young = Vick
but
Leinart = Brady

If you were a GM, who would you take?

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I keep hearing rumors about Houston passing up Bush as well. Are they nuts?

Devin
01-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Would never happen. I think NO would take Young before they took Lienhart.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Vick wents #1 overall

Brady 5th Rd

NFL goes on athletic ability not brain power in the draft

LtBillsFan66
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM

I'm not so sure if he'd go before Leinart. Who does each of these QBs remind you of?

Young = Vick
but
Leinart = Brady

I would take the one who scores higher on the wondelic.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM

Texans are said to be taking Young cuz he is aTexas product good for ticket sales

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:01 AM

Young = Vick
but
Leinart = Brady

I'd compare Leinart's cumberson ways and strong arm to Peyton Manning. He can escape a college blitz, but with that speed he'll need a hell of an offensive line to cover his ass in the pros.

I think Young has a similar style to McNabb. He looks like a young Donovan to me that is slightly more elusive. He can also take a hit and roll off much like Culpepper.

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:03 AM

Depends on what happens to Brooks....and the still have Deuce. Again, depending on what happens to Brooks and who the new coach is in NO, but I think they'll go defense or OL.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Texans are said to be taking Young cuz he is aTexas product good for ticket sales
So they're going to give up on their #1 overall pick just 3 years ago? And all that cap money with it?

I really doubt it.

ryjam282
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Stronger Mick Vick? Wow, that is scary...Vick can barely completes 50% of his passes. He is more like a Culpepper clone. We'll see what happens in the show with him but he won't dominate like he did last night as easily. Vick is the most overrated QB I have ever seen and to compare Young to him is not doing Vince any justice. The kid is smart and can really play....

Devin
01-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Brooks is all but gone from NO.

He is not liked here at all. NO is probably the most dire need of a QB out of the 10 teams picking first.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd compare Leinart's cumberson ways and strong arm to Peyton Manning. He can escape a college blitz, but with that speed he'll need a hell of an offensive line to cover his ass in the pros.

I think Young has a similar style to McNabb. He looks like a young Donovan to me that is slightly more elusive. He can also take a hit and roll off much like Culpepper.
Speaking of which, slightly off-topic but does Reggie Bush remind anyone else of a young Marshall Faulk??

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:06 AM
So they're going to give up on their #1 overall pick just 3 years ago? And all that cap money with it?

I really doubt it.

He's right, I've heard some analysis saying the same thing. Packaging up Carr for some trade. :idunno: Sounds crazy to me.

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Speaking of which, slightly off-topic but does Reggie Bush remind anyone else of a young Marshall Faulk??

And then some...
With the outside acceleration of Barry Sanders.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Brooks is all but gone from NO.

He is not liked here at all. NO is probably the most dire need of a QB out of the 10 teams picking first.
So would they take Leinart of Young you thinK?

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
And then some...
With the outside acceleration of Barry Sanders.
Yeah I said the same thing this morning to my buddy. He's definitely got the agility of Barry Sanders. :up:

Devin
01-05-2006, 09:09 AM
So would they take Leinart of Young you thinK?

If Young is there you have to take him.

But it is the Saints.....they may take a punter or something.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:11 AM
But let's not count out the Jets trading up for Young. :(

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:12 AM
What's interesting here is where the 49ers pick.

They just picked up Alex Smith, but he's obviously a far cry from what they have expected so far.

Frank Gore has been improving rapidly and may prove to be a decent back.

The 49ers were bit by the Jonas bug this season and lost a starting tackle, not to mention the loss of Jermely Newberry.

And they are in desperate need of a defense....

With the depth of OL in this draft, I could actually see them trading down.....or if no one bites, pulling the trigger on D'Brickshaw.

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Also, I see Haslett ending up in Oakland. They will almost certainly grab a LB.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
They say on NFL Radio that Jim Fassel fits Oakland the best, and Haslett might end up with the Jets after Herm leaves.