PDA

View Full Version : News from Houston on KXNO RE: Vince Young

BidsJr
01-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Saying that the Texans will definately take Vince Young with the first pick if he comes out. Says that the backlash in the state of Texas would be devastating if they bypassed Young and he became a star. This could really shake up the first 10 picks.

BTW, I got this from my Iowa Hawkeyes site as there was more info regarding Kirk Ferentz in the post. Just thought I would pass it on to the Draft Nicks here.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
wonder where else I heard this news this morning

BidsJr
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
wonder where else I heard this news this morning

Please clue me in cause I don't see it anywhere. Not sure if that is supposed to be a smart assed comment or not.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 09:57 AM
i said thesame thing in another thread and people are shooting it down because the Texans have Carr

BidsJr
01-05-2006, 10:05 AM
i said thesame thing in another thread and people are shooting it down because the Texans have Carr

I see, well I never saw it.:lmao:

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
yea Carr has lit the league on fire so far so why draft Young ?? LOL TO SELL TICKETS !!!!!!

TacklingDummy
01-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I think Vince goes #1 this year if he comes out.

Houston all ready has David Carr and D. Davis.

What would be more of a upgrade behind a supposedly crappy line, Vince Young or Reggie Bush?

BidsJr
01-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I think Vince goes #1 this year if he comes out.
Houston all ready has David Carr and D. Davis.
What would be more of a upgrade behind a supposedly crappy line, Vince Young or Reggie Bush?

I think it is less of a question of who would be more of an upgrade, and more of how many bodyguards the Houston owner would have to hire if he didn't draft Young.

Ebenezer
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Bush has almost 200 yards from scrimmage on a night where the game plan was to share carries against possibly the best DEF in college football and the Texas rip up the draft guide and are going to take Young? He may end up better than Vick but they are crazy if they think he will be able to run around and juke in the NFL like that...ain't going to happen. The Texans will deserve what they get.

Dicknoze69
01-05-2006, 10:24 AM
He throws like he's flinging poop off of his hand.

BidsJr
01-05-2006, 10:26 AM
He throws like he's flinging poop off of his hand.
:goodpost:

Gunzlingr
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
I thought he came across as an arrogant jerk on the interview I saw.

lordofgun
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Young WILL go first to the texans! Mark it down!

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Young WILL go first to the texans! Mark it down!

If houston is smart they trade Carr on the first day of free agency. They sign a veteran to come in and manage the team for a year or so as young starts to develop, take snaps etc. They have to do this. There is no way in hell they need reggie bush.

lordofgun
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
If houston is smart they trade Carr on the first day of free agency. They sign a veteran to come in and manage the team for a year or so as young starts to develop, take snaps etc. They have to do this. There is no way in hell they need reggie bush.
Agreed. Reggie Bush won't have those huge holes to run through in Houston. He'll get killed.

Young can make their really bad O-line look OK.

The Natrix
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, the Texans should take Young and trade Carr. He is freaking sick. Running ability AND he's accurate. Who cares about his delivery? It works.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Agreed. Reggie Bush won't have those huge holes to run through in Houston. He'll get killed.

Young can make their really bad O-line look OK.

agreed. But LOG, sign a Center and Guard in FA. use the #33 pick in the draft on a LT. That helps a ton for thier team. Let Vince come in with a tiered bonus structure like most guys now a days and let him develop. Just having him on the team sells seats and jerseys etc.

I see Young being a bigger, stronger and more mobile Steve McNair. But they must be really smart with him and get him to understand he is a QB, not an RB. Running is PART of his weapons, NOT his main weapon.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, the Texans should take Young and trade Carr. He is freaking sick. Running ability AND he's accurate. Who cares about his delivery? It works.

Well every pro QB coach, OC and HC cares about his delivery. It is low, somewhat side armed and right now, a slow delivery. He dropps his elbow too much, putting too much stress on the elbow and shoulder. He needs to step into his throws more, get his elbow up and work on a quicker release ( you can't tell I coach QB's can you? :lmao: )

But if the kid is willing to listen, he will be just fine. BUT GIVE HIM TIME!!!!

The Natrix
01-05-2006, 11:03 AM
I thought he came across as an arrogant jerk on the interview I saw.

I thought he seemed pretty humble. He gave credit to USC, his team, his family and god.

I think Leinhart came across as a *****. He said that he feels USC is the better team but Texas got some breaks, blah, blah, blah.

Texas won. They are better. Period.

Ickybaluky
01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Young was real impressive. I think he throws the ball real well. I'd take him #1 overall, over Bush, becuase he plays QB.

I think he is similar to Donovan McNabb, but he is 3 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier. That is a big difference.