PDA

View Full Version : We must move FAST to get a GOOD OC And DC

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
8 openings. We are racing against those 8 teams to get the best OC and DC and other assistants in here as fast as possible.

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Agreed. As soon as Marv is anounced Gm, he needs to set up interviews.

Once again, my choices are Mike Archer and Norv Turner.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I agree - and grabbing Marv will be a big help in acquiring top assistant coaches.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll be honest...We need to have the top two guys in place by next tuesday or so. We can't wait around or we will be getting the mike sheppards of the league :rage:

Yasgur's Farm
01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree 100% UT. I believe this is the #1 reason why we kept MM. If they had let him go, it would be at least a week before a new HC would be hired... And then another week before hiring assistants.

I would normally point out that no self respecting HC would allow anybody but himself to choose his staff... Obviously MM is in a different boat here.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I agree 100% UT. I believe this is the #1 reason why we kept MM. If they had let him go, it would be at least a week before a new HC would be hired... And then another week before hiring assistants.

I would normally point out that no self respecting HC would allow anybody but himself to choose his staff... Obviously MM is in a different boat here.

I for some reason am all about Norv Turner. He is an esablished OC with two superbowl rings. He knows how to plan an offense.

Yasgur's Farm
01-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Norv Turner or Mike Martz

Dom Capers or Jim Haslet

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 11:34 AM
I am not that high on Martz. He doesn't know how to run the ball that well. Turner and haslett would be good choices

Michael82
01-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I'd love to see Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell as the Coordinators.

Only problem is, Turner may want to wait to see if he can get a HC position, same thing with Cottrell.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM
If not, we need to make a push for Cottrell, Capers, Archer, or whoever this 43 cover two guy is that Marv has in mind.

madness
01-05-2006, 12:23 PM

I second that.

RedEyE
01-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I'd love to see Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell as the Coordinators.

Only problem is, Turner may want to wait to see if he can get a HC position, same thing with Cottrell.

I think that Turners HC days are numbered. He has several ill fated years to prove himself.

HAMMER
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I for some reason am all about Norv Turner. He is an esablished OC with two superbowl rings. He knows how to plan an offense.

Not really. His offense in Oakland with a good O-line, Lamont Jordan, Randy Moss, and Vodka Collins was 21st in the league. Not the guy I want when I am retooling. He had success many years ago but his last several stints have not gone well.

I think you may see Sam Wyche step into this role. Mularkey is not going to bring in a new offense at this point, it would behoove us to keep some continuity. You will further stunt Losmans' growth if he has to learn a new offense in TC this summer.

ryjam282
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Norv would be great for MM's pound the ball theory and Martz would be great for the weapons we have at WR...Moulds/Evans/Parrish...That would be something nice similar to Holt/Bruce/Hakim. Lot's of speed, but we would need an O line for that to happen.

madness
01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Not really. His offense in Oakland with a good O-line, Lamont Jordan, Randy Moss, and Vodka Collins was 21st in the league. Not the guy I want when I am retooling. He had success many years ago but his last several stints have not gone well.

You can't judge by that. We all know how well playing head coach and OC works out. He may not be a great head coach but you can't take away his success as an OC.

Gunzlingr
01-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I have a feeling that Marv has an idea on who he wants in both coordinator positions.

kgun12
01-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I have a feeling that Marv has an idea on who he wants in both coordinator positions.

I agree Gunz, but I would love turner and Capers!

FlyingDutchman
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I want to see Martz as an O-coordinator. We havent had a good offensive coordinator since Marchalabroda left. It would be nice to have a guy who knows how to put up points. He may suck at head coaching and running a whole team, but the man can run an offense.

kgun12
01-05-2006, 02:38 PM
The problem with Martz is he is too arogant would never fit in with this administration. I do like his offense, however it isn't right for a NE outdoor team in late November or December.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I want to see Martz as an O-coordinator. We havent had a good offensive coordinator since Marchalabroda left. It would be nice to have a guy who knows how to put up points. He may suck at head coaching and running a whole team, but the man can run an offense.

Well then change your username and avatar because a back like willis doesn't fit into what martz does.

Turf
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Please just say no to Martz.
I'm for Turner and Capers myself.

audio/s
01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
I would've liked to se GR

FlyingDutchman
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Well then change your username and avatar because a back like willis doesn't fit into what martz does.

He hasnt fit into what Mularkey does either. I just wanna see some type of change on offense that make us dangerous and explosive. Im so sick of watching the Bills offense over the past few years and being estatic just to get first downs. We rarely have big plays, we rarely put full field drives together, and there is no word to describe the success of our red zone offense. We need some sort of offensive guru, and IMO hes as good as its gonna get on the current market. Im iffy on Turner.

THATHURMANATOR
01-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Getting good coordinators is key now.

LtBillsFan66
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Turner and Haslett. :pray:

d1220
01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I know I dont post here much, but wanted to comment on a possibility with our new front office, and a change of circumstances for someone last year.

With Marv as GM/VPoFO, what do you think the possibility is of Marv trying to bring in Jim Kelly as OC?

I know many will respond with 'He has no OC ecperience, let alone no coaching experience.' And you are correct....to an extent.

I for one think Jimbo could do this job, and do it well.

As most of you know, when JK was our quarterback he called almost all of the plays. He would read defensive allignments and call the plays accordingly, and was quite good at it, I might add. In his tenure as our QB he also proved the ability to sucessfully change his calls as the game progressed and changed. These qualities are very omportant for an OC.

Another skill that an OC must posess is leadership abilities. As quarterback, you must posess these skills. I'm sure no one doubts his ability in this category.

The other skill/trait that he would bring to this organization is the same winning attitude that we saw in Marv today.

Anyone remember the Miami game 2 years ago in the snow? When Jim was on the sidelines? Remember how electrified the stadium and players were? It could be like that every week. :)

Everyone has to start their coaching career somehow. Jim already has a lot of experience in major areas needed to be an OC. If my thoughts are correct on this, I think/hope our front office will approach Jim about this position. If not that, I still feel they will try to bring him in in some capacity.

Just some thoughts on the matter. :) Thanks for reading.

ICE74129
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Turner and Haslett. :pray:

As is stands right now, Those are my picks as well.

Bmax
01-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Hire cottrell and wyche....Best man gets the job after they fire mularkey next year....

hydro014
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
i like haslett as DC, maybe wyche as OC and i dont have a problem with Jim Kelly coming in as a QB's coach. i dont think you can bring him in as OC yet, but maybe with a few yrs back in the league he could move in as the OC down the road.

Michael82
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Norv would be great for MM's pound the ball theory and Martz would be great for the weapons we have at WR...Moulds/Evans/Parrish...That would be something nice similar to Holt/Bruce/Hakim. Lot's of speed, but we would need an O line for that to happen.
That's why I want Norv. :pray:

helmetguy
01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Martz would be great...once we install a dome on the Ralph, and find a cutback-style tailback who can catch.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
every time I see Martz's name mentioned, I'm going on a negging spree from now on.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-06-2006, 05:43 AM
With so many HC openings, expect a lot of the recently fired HCs like Haslett to be gone quickly.

Rather than T.Cottrell, who didn't do that great of a job with the Jets or with Minny, the guy I would be interested in as a DC, if Herm Edwards goes to KC, would be Donnie Henderson of the Jets. That defense played tough even when they were kept on the field a long time by their offense's ineptitude. IMHO the Bills have as much talent on D, if not more, than the Jets and Henderson would get them to play a lot better. Also, he did a very good job of getting young players to play well (Vilma, Coleman, Rhodes, Miller, Hobson, even Robertson was coming on) with little or no experience. The only problem with Henderson is that, while he's not considered to be ready to be a HC just yet, he is being looked at a guy who could be a candidate for HC openings soon.