PDA

View Full Version : Smith, Bruschi share AP comeback player award

Michael82
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Tedy Bruschi didn't get a chance to tackle Steve Smith when the Patriots played the Panthers in September. By midseason, he'd made a remarkable comeback from a stroke and was starting for New England.

Bruschi's return was as impressive as Smith's achievement of returning from a broken left leg that cost the Carolina receiver nearly all of the 2004 season. On Thursday, they shared The Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year award.

The Patriots' star linebacker and defensive leader made it back on Oct. 30 after originally expecting to sit out the entire schedule. By then, Smith was on his way to leading the NFL in most receiving categories. Both sparked their teams into the playoffs.

"I'm a football player by trade. That's what I do," Bruschi said. "So I did everything I could to make myself a football player again."

As did Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2280984

Historian
01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
:yawn:

Michael82
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Why the hell is he getting Comeback Player of the year? What is he coming back from? He played all last year. He was in the Super Bowl. All he did was comeback from a stroke. :::

Man, I hate the ****ing press. They gotta shove Bruschi down our throats. :ill:

On the other hand, Steve Smith definitely deserves it. It's a shame he has to share it.

Dicknoze69
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
I always thought that to be Comeback Player of the Year you had to miss some time the previous season because of injury, bad performance, etc.

Guess not.

LtBillsFan66
01-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Well he did come back from a stroke.

Michael82
01-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I always thought that to be Comeback Player of the Year you had to miss some time the previous season because of injury, bad performance, etc.

Guess not.
It used to be. But they made an exception for Bruschi. :cynic:

LtBillsFan66
01-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Who gives a ****?

don137
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Why the hell is he getting Comeback Player of the year? What is he coming back from? He played all last year. He was in the Super Bowl. All he did was comeback from a stroke. :::
On the other hand, Steve Smith definitely deserves it. It's a shame he has to share it.

Who knew that I would give you the autograph of the co-comeback player of the year and WR yardage leader for the season.

Michael82
01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Who knew that I would give you the autograph of the co-comeback player of the year and WR yardage leader for the season.
Oh yeah. Also, one of my favorite players too. :up:

Crisis
01-05-2006, 12:30 PM
He's half Centaur.

I'm suprised he didn't win MVP anyways.

hammerbillsfan
01-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Bruschi makes me :puke:

Earthquake Enyart
01-05-2006, 12:33 PM

Are you kidding me?

Steve Smith didn't need a team of ten doctors.