X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

who we draft at 8th pick

now first everything being equal and we can grab any of these top 10 prospects im taking d'brickshaw ferguson if im bills no matter what pick we have. will he be there at #8 i hope however what if hes not.

i dont want to jump the gun to quick on this guy but i think micheal huff would be the best value on the board for the bills if d'brickshaw is gone. there arent any other top 10 tackles in the draft i think we will keep nate clements so CB wont be a need the top 10 is stacked with LBs but we have 3 on the team that can play thats excluding posey! so looking at top 10 talent in this years draft what else could we use a serious pass rushing DE hali wont be there at 8 with willis we dont need a top 10 rb. i can see us grabbing HUFF at #8
  • oldno711
    • Mar 2004

Re: who we draft at 8th pick

punctuate much?

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by oldno711
      punctuate much?
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Huff isnt bad, but he isnt a top 10 pick and right now we have larger needs.

The 8th pick will be an OL only if Brick is available, but if Vince comes out id guess we go DE/DT.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Id love to see Ferguson in a Bills uniform but I highly doubt he'll be around when we pick.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

If Nate leaves we should go CB.

If Moulds leaves and Nate stays we should go WR, we probably could get the best WR on the board.

If both leave, I don't know.

If both stay, DE or DT or maybe WR. lol

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Not another WR please....

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

If Moulds leaves and Nate stays we should go WR, we probably could get the best WR on the board.

No chance.

WR and CB's typically take a few years to develop. And there isnt a WR in this draft worth the #8 pick.

Those are areas that can be fixed via FA or later rounds for that matter.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Tom, you have been FIRED...please leave the message boards now....

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Here is my take....

MM, Levy and Modrak will sit down and decide the strengths and weaknesses of this team. They then need to make a quick decision on WHAT TYPE A TEAM ARE WE! When you do that, look at this roster and decide who does and who doesent' fit into your scheme/ System.

Then cut/ trade if you can, whomever isn't going to cut it. After that address what needs you realistically can in Free agency (Center and Guard?) Then address the rest in the Draft. Go to camp and go from there.

We can't even look or think draft until we decide what we are going to be, who fits into that system currently on this roster and then see what can be done in Free agency.

Comment

• oldno711
                      • Mar 2004

I'm a former Wahoo who just got back from seeing my own Music City Miracle down in Nashville (except this time the comeback wasn't met with swearing and a broken beer mug), and I've been praying for the Brick all season. After it was clear we didn't have a glimmer of hope for the playoffs, I started hoping for two things....1) getting rid of T[he] D[evil] (and possibly MM) AND 2)having a high draft pick. Of course had we lost to Cincy we'd be sitting pretty at #3, but now we gotta focus on #8. If Young comes out that definitely increases our chances of getting Brick. If not Brick, I'd take Mario Williams or Ngata in a heartbeat. Either one would wreck havoc for the defensive and from what I hear, Peters has great potential at LT.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Tom, you have been FIRED...please leave the message boards now....

Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I think Mario Williams will be gone. Some of the following guys may also be gone, but I'm looking for the Bills to take one of them who is available.

Matthias Kiwanuka, Haloti Ngata, D'Brickwall Ferguson (Boomer Berman is a lock to go with that nickname when he hits the NFL.) Rodrique Wright, Eric Winston.

Unless they rise on draft boards between now and draft day, or Buffalo trades down, I don't expect Buffalo to pick any of these guys: Gabe Watson, Tamba Hali, Claude Wroten, Jesse Mahelona, Jon Scott, Marcus McNeil
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                            • Feb 2003

Ngata.

Comment

• gladiator26
                              • Jan 2006

The problem with drafting offensive lineman at pick 8 is they need time to develop. If you pick in top 10 you need to get impact players the first year. It didn't work with Mike Williams. In my opinion you must draft DE such as Mario Williams or Tamba Hali. Hali is the same size as Freeney with a better motor. He plays both ends at Penn State. Either one of these guys with Schoebel would make the defense better. You address the oline and dline in free agency and win now. This was already stated at press conference..

Comment

Working...
                              X