Did the holcombites read these comments from Ralph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Did the holcombites read these comments from Ralph?

"I want him because I think he can be a very outstanding coach," Wilson said. "He had a tough time this year. We're trying to break in a rookie quarterback. You all know how difficult that is. Mike and I think J.P. (Losman) is going to be very good given some experience. Mike is a strong leader. He has his hands on the entire situation. He's going to make the team better."

Hummmm....

Sounds to me like part of those conversations had to do with JP Starting next year. Seems we know where RW stands on this subject....which means we know where mikey stands on this subject
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Did the holcombites read these comments from Ralph?

good.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

So it was TD calling the shots and ordering Holcomb start to save his ass, and Mularkey taking the heat over it. If that's the case I'm willing to back off him a little bit.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
        So it was TD calling the shots and ordering Holcomb start to save his ass, and Mularkey taking the heat over it. If that's the case I'm willing to back off him a little bit.
        So am I. I am starting to think that Mularkey may even be a better coach now that Donahoe isn't behind him pulling all his strings.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Do what must be done, Lord Wilson. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will we be strong enough to win the Super Bowl...

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Turf
            It sure as hell looks like it now doesn't it. But when the owner says he likes the guy and so does his HC (Esp after a meeting to keep his job or not) then we know what is going to happen come camp.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I wouldn't presume to know all the behind the scenes dynamics that led to some of the bizarre on field decisions that were made this season. I just hope that Losman gets his shot, that his ego calms down enough to let him make friends with the rest of the team, and we start to see his physical talent really begin to assert itself next season.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

I believe that MM can become a good coach now that he has a HOF coach and a good guy in Marv to lean on as a mentor. I only hope that he sees Marv's hiring as an opportunity to learn some trick of the trade from a great coach.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Sooner he plays sooner the Losmanites find out JP is not the answer. Maybe we can get Brady Quinn next year.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Sooner he plays sooner the Losmanites find out JP is not the answer. Maybe we can get Brady Quinn next year.
                    And maybe your mom can quit dropping you on your head to burp you after you've eaten.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                      Your rebirth can't hurt
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                      And maybe your mom can quit dropping you on your head to burp you after you've eaten.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
                      Playoff Record: 0-0
                      Super Bowl Appearances: 0
                      Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        So am I. I am starting to think that Mularkey may even be a better coach now that Donahoe isn't behind him pulling all his strings.
                        Levy sounds like he is going to let Mularkey run the team the way he wants to.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Levy sounds like he is going to let Mularkey run the team the way he wants to.
                          Which means we will still suck. Remember - he took over the playcalling mid season and we still sucked. And OC is supposed to be his STRONG suit.

:machgun: MM

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            Which means we will still suck. Remember - he took over the playcalling mid season and we still sucked. And OC is supposed to be his STRONG suit.

:machgun: MM
                            MC, I cut MM a slight break. If you are an OC And you know this....you can't run block, you can't pass block, your top WR is 1/2 arseing it most of the time, your TE's can't block or run pass routes....what the hell do you call? You are damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

After reflecting upon it, I believe some of MM questionnable play calling was due to the fact that the OL sucked so badly. I think MM would love nothing more than to run smash mouth football however the OL was the worst I ever saw in short yardage situations so MM did some gadget plays to attempt to overcome the woes of the OL. I am not sure if it was correct but I remember hearing during the Bengals game that the Bills did not convert a 3rd and 1 all year until that game. If that was true I guess you have to cut MM some slack on some of the play calls. However some of his other decisions are still questionnable.

Comment

Working...
                              X