PDA

View Full Version : SOME THINGS I HOPE MARV WILL DO

Bmax
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
First i would like to see him hire back dwight adams .. Another old guy ... but hey he knows football.. He could assist modrak with the draft..He was pushed out by donahoe..

And wants to get back in football.

Hire quality of and def coordinators..Sam wyche.. dom capers would be good choices.. Also dick jaroun..det maybe available..

Resign Eric moulds.. Maybe marv can get him back...Sign Free Big name Off line free agents...Lecharles Bentley..My first choice

Land good football players in the draft..Marv always wanted quality young men who can play football.. High character guys...So forget about Winston Justice from usc...Look for Gabe watson of mich..Rod wright from texas.. and Haloti Ngata from oregon.. all those guys are good character guys who can play...

Go Bills

BMAX

The_Philster
01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Adams :up:
Wyche...never happen...he'd need more vocal strength than he has now
Capers would be good
Moulds isn't a free agent...not a case of re-signing him...it's a case of getting his deal reworked to keep from having to cut him

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
what constitutes charachter ??

IS charachter not getting arrested??

Is charachter hiring strippers to come to your room while you are preparing for your bowl game ??

what exactly is charachter

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
no surprise that L.A. Playa doesn't know what character is.

God, everyone knows what character is. :sigh:

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I am just saying if someone doesnt get caught or its not in the paper like a college team in a Bowl game hiring strippers to "dance" at their hotel to unwind before their big game, does that mean they have charachter because it is not documented anywhere??

or if it is documented does taht mean they have no charachter ??

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
It's a characteristic in Marv's context that means no off the field problems with the law, child support (I'm guessing Emo didn't become a daddy until after he went pro) issues, drugs, savage work ethic, heart, and desire to be the best possible person.

He alluded to it in his press conference - he was in a bit of a quarrel over who to choose - everyone else wanted some stud Wr or something, saying he'd go to the probowl on a regular basis, but he had off the field law trouble - Marv said "I don't want someone that's gonna go to the probowl, I want someone that's gonna help us get to the superbowl - they ended up drafting #31 Shane Conlan LB Penn State #8 overall (sound eerily familiar?)

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 07:30 PM
By the way, the other guy ended up going to jail.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
its just a rhetorical question, and one that could make you lose games if draft based on he is a good guy rather than a talented guy

FirstDownBills
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Why is L.A. questioning whether Levy knows character or not? Geez, you need to lay off the haterade.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
I am not questioning whether Levy knows charachter or not, never said that just questioning how do you truley know the charachter of a man, no one really knows, I am sure alot of charachter guys havent done **** in the NFL, and in the same respect some "non charachter" guys have had Hall of Fame careers. ie O.J., all I am saying is talent and heart is the most important things needed in a player

FirstDownBills
01-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I am not questioning whether Levy knows charachter or not, never said that just questioning how do you truley know the charachter of a man, no one really knows, I am sure alot of charachter guys havent done **** in the NFL, and in the same respect some "non charachter" guys have had Hall of Fame careers. ie O.J., all I am saying is talent and heart is the most important things needed in a player

Character= Passion.

Turf
01-05-2006, 07:48 PM

Hey LA, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's spelled CHARACTER.

L.A. Playa
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Im part Canadian thanks for be the spelling police im sure ya mommy is proud of ya

FirstDownBills
01-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Im part Canadian thanks for be the spelling police im sure ya mommy is proud of ya

"Never stop learning. If you stop learning, you stop growing."

ublinkwescore
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Wow, I think you just took the board back to 1988 with that one.

What's next?

"now you know, and knowing is half the battle"?

FirstDownBills
01-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow, I think you just took the board back to 1988 with that one.

What's next?

"now you know, and knowing is half the battle"?

I don't think Playa even got to the 'knowing' part. :lmao:

Jeff1220
01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
This is a silly argument. Levy explained what he meant during the pc. He's talking about guys who work hard and give 100%, as well as those who follow the law. He's talking about guys that want what's best for everyone involved. He also said that "personality does not equal character." I think this statement applies to guys like Mike Williams who seems like he's basically a good guy, pretty charming and such, but a bit of
a slacker in the area of hard work; and to a guy like Willis who has a lot of talent but seems somewhat preoccupied with his stats and puffing up his ego.

FirstDownBills
01-05-2006, 09:03 PM
This is a silly argument. Levy explained what he meant during the pc. He's talking about guys who work hard and give 100%, as well as those who follow the law. He's talking about guys that want what's best for everyone involved. He also said that "personality does not equal character." I think this statement applies to guys like Mike Williams who seems like he's basically a good guy, pretty charming and such, but a bit of
a slacker in the area of hard work; and to a guy like Willis who has a lot of talent but seems somewhat preoccupied with his stats and puffing up his ego.

Why do I get the feeling that Marv is not going to want Mike Williams and Willis Mcgahee on the team for next season because of this?

bernielivsey_1
01-05-2006, 09:48 PM
:winkpunch Oline with first pick and Dline with second. Teach MM not to use so many trick plays. Run Willis at least 30 times a game and MAKE him play in 3rd down. Teach MM to stop with the wrist and thigh stuff. :krusty:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-06-2006, 05:33 AM
:winkpunch Oline with first pick and Dline with second. Teach MM not to use so many trick plays. Run Willis at least 30 times a game and MAKE him play in 3rd down. Teach MM to stop with the wrist and thigh stuff. :krusty:

Reverse the draft picks because the depth of the draft at O-line is a bit better than at DT and you've just about got it. I would add two other things: bring in a better strength coach and make it a priority not to let the other team score on their last possession of the first half or the first possession of the second half.....

Historian
01-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Wyche...never happen...he'd need more vocal strength than he has now

Silly.

For starters, there are devices that could help him amplify his voice. When he said hi to us walking into the Jet game, he sounded fine. To disqualify him because of that is not only silly, it would be a violation of his civil rights under the AD Act.

Historian
01-06-2006, 06:01 AM
what constitutes charachter ??

From the article in Kerr's post....from his book:

Consider this passage from his book about when, during a visit to his office shortly after his retirement, he began looking at the photos on the hallway walls: "Those faces that stared back at me ... were a testament to the commitment that (former Bills GMs) Bill Polian, John (Butler), and I had made when we resolved to bring only men with solid character onto our team. There wasn't a 'look-at-me' showboat among them. There were no choreographed end-zone dancers who thought they were cute but really weren't. In fact, I don't recall seeing even one backward-baseball-cap-wearer up there. I never saw or heard any of our players indulge in degrading displays of blatant self-aggrandizement. All I saw were men who, if they wanted to brag, would have been justified in boasting, 'I came to play.' "

Dr. Lecter
01-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Silly.

For starters, there are devices that could help him amplify his voice. When he said hi to us walking into the Jet game, he sounded fine. To disqualify him because of that is not only silly, it would be a violation of his civil rights under the AD Act.

Wyche himself has said that he is not able to do much more. As OC he would need to talk and call plays the entire game. His voice is OK for a while and gets 'tired' as I understand it.

But if he is interested he would be a great choice.

DaBills
01-06-2006, 08:53 AM
So to sum up the thread, we need more strippers with character.

word.

:afro:

The_Philster
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Wyche himself has said that he is not able to do much more. As OC he would need to talk and call plays the entire game. His voice is OK for a while and gets 'tired' as I understand it.

But if he is interested he would be a great choice.
which is exactly what I meant..not that Wyche should be not allowed to be considered, but that he likely wouldn't be up to the demands of the job.