PDA

View Full Version : Here is another Free Agent DT

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 10:41 AM
not a bad pick up.. we could grab him and douglas and it would be a :fishfry:

Eagles | Thomas Probably Out - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
6:23 PT: The Trenton Times reports Philadelphia Eagles DT Hollis Thomas will probably not be back with the team next year. He has not seen action in a game in close to a year and a half. Thomas is schedule to earn $1.1 million next season with a salary cap hit of $1.88 million.

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 10:48 AM
he broke his foot 2 years ago at the end of the season, running out to the field before a game, then reinjured it in a practice during the preseason.

i as my buddy about him (big eagles fan) he said he is a big run stuffer.

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Titans | Ford On The Bubble - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:44 PT: The Nashville City Paper reports Tennessee Titans DT Henry Ford might be on the bubble with the team due to his high salary cap hit and roster bonus for next season.

i would take him too.. we have the same last name!

Dozerdog
01-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Your last name is Buick?

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 11:44 AM
your middle name must be Joke? =P

SABURZFAN
01-23-2003, 12:42 PM
anybody who can help PW stuff the run is greatly appreciated.at this point,i don't care who he is going to be but i hope TD makes the right choice.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Hollis Thomas seems to be very injury prone to me..

WG
01-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Sounds like Thomas is somewhat of a risk. We don't need risks, we need a monster DT guaranteed to start and likely finish the season.

NC-BILLS44
01-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Amen, Wys.

lordofgun
01-23-2003, 01:28 PM
I like Henry Ford a lot.

Dozerdog
01-23-2003, 01:36 PM
We already are gambling on Jones with the injury- another injury prone guy is not what we need.

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 03:04 PM
thomas had a broken foot... he didnt get it fixed right, and it broke again... how does one injury make him injury prone.. he has been in the league since 96 and posted good run stuffing numbers, while adding a 4-5 sacks a season.. i would take that all day.. and he comes from philly.. a place that knows how to play defense, unlike B-lo

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 03:05 PM
no wear and tear on his body for the last year is a good thing if you ask me.

i do like ford alot too.. and seeing as how he was a titan.. god knows he will be talked about by GeeDub

SoCalBillsFan
01-23-2003, 03:07 PM
a guy who injures his foot running onto the field is automatically injury prone, IMO....

don137
01-23-2003, 03:26 PM
I am a fan of Henry Ford. He can dominate a line of scrimage and is pretty young too...Since he comes from the Titans I am sure GW will be on him faster than a fly on poop...

venis2k1
01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
He has not seen action in a game in close to a year and a half.

This makes him injury Prone.

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

This makes him injury Prone.

so by that logic... that makes drew bledsoe injury prone too.

Fat Tony
01-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Let's call him fragile and leave it at that-

Drew got pasted and ruptured internal arteries. He's been pasted a few times since and bounced right up.

This guy can't keep the bones in his feet together. I'm sure above the ankle he's in tremendous wear and tear shape, but with a flat tire he ain't going anywhere. Sure, bring him in for a look see- but we have a rebuilt engine already in Jones-

enough metaphores for ya? :D

WG
01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
thomas had a broken foot... he didnt get it fixed right, and it broke again... how does one injury make him injury prone.. he has been in the league since 96 and posted good run stuffing numbers, while adding a 4-5 sacks a season.. i would take that all day.. and he comes from philly.. a place that knows how to play defense, unlike B-lo

Do you enjoy answering your own questions...

"thomas had a broken foot... he didnt get it fixed right, and it broke again..."

What's to prevent that from turning into a cycle?

WG
01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Gotta stand up for Drew on that count! He's a trooper alright! He gets whacked and gets right up. He takes some stupid hits, almost as stupid as RJ's, and I think that'll cost him as his body becomes less resilient, any month now. But you can't put anything on Drew for injuries. He's nary missed a game in 10 seasons and only missed last year due to a collapsed lung. It wasn't a broken foot, ankle, knee injury, or other "fragility" stuff. It was from a hard hit that was an anomaly.

There is nothing in his dossier to suggest that Drew's injury prone.

ublinkwescore
01-23-2003, 08:08 PM
I'd say go with Henry Ford, or Bryant Young.

WG
01-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Are those guys FAs? I think Ford may be a cap cut, but I don't think he's a FA. Brian Young from St. Louis is FA, but not sure about Bryant Young from S.F. I think he's still under contract, no?

Tatonka
01-23-2003, 08:52 PM
ford and thomas are supposed to be cap cuts..

i dont think bledsoe is injury prone.. i was just saying that he has only had one injury.. and IMHO.. i think that thomas has only had one injury... a broken foot... i would assume that after rebreaking it, he would be damn sure that the thing gets healed right..

all i know is that he was a stud for philly before breaking his foot. he was easily as good as pat williams. it would not hurt us one bit to have him thrown into the DT mix for a 1mil a year type deal.

but i was just throwing names out there.. honestly.. i would take any freaking DT at this point.. and any new news in general.

WG
01-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Well let's not be so hasty in a season where we can afford to pickup some talent.

I think people take issue with you on your point about the broken foot in that as you said, it hasn't healed and that could be a problem. I agree, if we can get him for chump change after we have our other starters in place, then it may be a worthwhile deal. Keep in mind that we are already stocking Marcus Jones who's another "risk", we don't want to load up on them.

TigerJ
01-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Ted Washington was considered an injury risk before Buffalo picked him up.

McD
01-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Ted Washington was considered an injury risk before Buffalo picked him up.

So very true!!

McD

timfromjersey
01-24-2003, 01:31 PM
If these two cap cut players; Thomas and Ford, are the bonafide run stuffers you are inferring, They sound like they are worth the risk to sign. So far, it doesn't look like there is an abundant of projected FA DTs with those qualities, to be signed and competition will be fierce with all the poor run stopping defenses the league had this year. Can't GW sign these guys by keeping the up front money low and being generous with the playing incentive bonuses. If they stay healthy, they can be pleasant suprises and contribute in a big way, like Cowart did for the Jets. At the very least, if they can make it thru one season, they can at least bridge the gap until the Bill's draft choice position improves in the 2004 off season

Bert102176
01-24-2003, 02:50 PM
I would take a risk on Thomas before I would on Ford I just don't think Ford is the better of the two.