PDA

View Full Version : Xbox NHL 2k6 Sabres Stats I Promised..And a Video..

SkateZilla
01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I Took Screen Grabs from teh Stats page from 1 simmed season... ANd we were unstoppable.. I did make soem trades but all teh games were simmed, and I did do practices and stuff...

Dumped Satan To Calgary for Warrener and a few AHLers..
Brought Up Pominville
Traded Boulton and a Few Minor Leagers For Stu Barnes and a Few Minor leagures.. Signed some free agents.. Zhitnik And Brad Brown

Lines
Vanek Briere Dumont
Kotalik Drury Afinogenov
Connolly Barnes Pomminville
Peters Guastad Mair

Zhitnik Campbell
Mckee Kalinin
Warrener - Brown

Miller 1st, Biron Backup

Stats: (Jpegs Zipped)
http://savefile.com/files/4004753

A Sweet PLay By 2nd Line when I Started Playing some Games in the third Season (2x Stanley Cup Champs BTW)
http://savefile.com/files/4548806

JD
01-06-2006, 09:56 AM
You need to go outside.. shouldnt you be practicing Vaneks shot? Your suppose to video tape yourself doing it on ice, all-star.

buffalofan19
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Skate, do you play NHL 2K6 for XBox? If so, do you know how to change lines on the fly? I can't seem to figure that out. I can only change them on stoppages.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Is the hockey for Xbox 360 any good..?

JD
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I dont think its out for 360 yet, would be sick though!

SkateZilla
01-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Skate, do you play NHL 2K6 for XBox? If so, do you know how to change lines on the fly? I can't seem to figure that out. I can only change them on stoppages.

Press Start in teh Game, Goto Team Strategy and Change it to Manual, it defaults to Auto for every game...

pyrrhonist
01-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I dont think its out for 360 yet, would be sick though!

It is out for the Xbox360 already:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/257424.jpg

Sadly, though, most of the reviews (Both website & user) say it isn't a huge leap from the standard Xbox version of NHL2K6. I'm sure it was due to producing 2 games in 1 year for 2 different systems.

buffalofan19
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Press Start in teh Game, Goto Team Strategy and Change it to Manual, it defaults to Auto for every game...

I have it on Manual. I need to know how to change lines during play. I can change them after any whistle I want, except icing of course, but not on the fly.

SkateZilla
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I have it on Manual. I need to know how to change lines during play. I can change them after any whistle I want, except icing of course, but not on the fly.

During Play Hold Left trigger and Use Up/Down(Forwards), Left/Right(Defense)

buffalofan19
01-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks!

SkateZilla
01-08-2006, 02:08 AM
It is out for the Xbox360 already:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/257424.jpg
Sadly, though, most of the reviews (Both website & user) say it isn't a huge leap from the standard Xbox version of NHL2K6. I'm sure it was due to producing 2 games in 1 year for 2 different systems.

The 360 Version the ice looks totally fake, teh collision points are still ridiculous, Im bout to take my 45 Page Sumary that I Mailed to them AND recived an insulting reply, and take it to another Developer and see if they'll make a decent hockey game,

I Sent a 45 page report with C++/Visual Basic Coding for most of my ideas (and YEAH i had it locked so they cant use it without my permission.

Highlights of the 45 Pages

1. Franchise mode has been fun fo rhte last 8 years, but A Career mode Would be better, I want to start my own player, give him a name, (use 360's USB to Take a Picture with Cam and record the name pronounciation with mic or something, or transfer Pictures from Windows Media Extender), have him start in semi pro leagues and work his way up to the NHL, couple with that you can teach you players how to do special dekes in practice modes and stuff and map those to certain keys for breakaways/shootouts, Coupled with that there will be no overhead view, when playing you are either FIRST Person, or Over the Shoulder... players also control their equipment which affects certain attributes.. ie.. blade curves and stuff... :)

2. Multi player, Screw 1 On 1, Have Each Player Log Into a Lobby and Choose Sides... Players Control their Career Player on that team, and are ranked by +/- and Points etc etc... and for you first 50 games you are on the Rookie scoreboards.. Stats are recorded by you player Name then Your Gamertage in Parenthesys .. ie.. Will Belmont (Skate Zilla)'s xxx Goal Of the Season.. Your Player Picture/Name Pronounciation is You've chosen is Uploaded to the server for presentational purposes... Commentating for Online games is voted on and heard by people watching and cannot be heard by players in the game.

3. Graphics, Hi Polygon Player Models and Hi-Res Mappings No blured textures or logos... Dirtly Boards in the arenas etc etc, REAL Arenas Detailed Modelled (I can build a Hockey arena 100x Better looking than these...

4. Collision Detection, This was my main pieve to 2K Sports, 1 Collision Point in the center of hte puck is dumb... the puck rides inside stick blades and gos thru players legs/arms and goal nets etc etc... better collsion detection = better shooting, scoring, goal tending, passing, and overall gameplay...

5. Animations, You DONT NEED TO SIGN $500,000 to NHL plyaers for Animations that ANY Hockey Player can Do, My Friends and I that run our Amatuer 3d Studio have The Supllies to make 100s of animations for shooting deking etc.. Animations Will Not override collision points or appear to launch the puck magnetically, in fact, the control interface We want is up to you to position you stick to pass deflect or shoot, and not the animations...

6. Clans, Or In this Case.. Teams.... Nuff Said there, Team will play as a Team against another Team etc etc in 16 Team Competitions etc etc.. Team Managers are In Charge Of Managing the Teams Contracts, ie... Unlike clans in other games were you can join and quit or get kicked, you have to agree to a contract, and the team can only remove you if you clear waivers.. and they have responsibilites to renew your contract or you free to sign with any other team during the off season each team will play 82 Games Per Cycle before the Playoffs Begin, More Details on that were in the Packet we made.. Clans Can ALso have a "Farm team" that Only competes in exhibition games and can move players back and forth between the two teams and the stats are kept in the players stats, Players Stats Are Visible to the world, and Clans Can Trade Between each other.. as a precaution, once a team is inactive for more than 5 scheduled games (meaning NO ONE shows Up for their clan) they forfiet the their remaining games, if Clans Dont have enough players in the lobby, then that team is automatically given a Loss, teams cannot be created after the season starts, stats/results for games will be archived as well for the season

7. Music, The NHL Sound tracks Have always Sucked, i end up disabling them and making my own, have downloads for free of dittie packs made by users etc etc.. and have Authentic horns and post goal music...

8. Presentation, Much Like Gotham Racing 3, We would Want to have our Own Lil Channel, Ie "HockeyTV" or something were people can Watch with REALISTIC broadcasting angles and presentations using real Overlays for stats and the score, and real replay angles etc etc)

9. Updates, Instead of making a new Game every year, we'd just have hte develope update and relase patches every year, People dont like buying a new title every year, its epensive for them and it cost money to develope a New Title every year, where as making updates to an existing tiles is cheaper, and your fanbase grows, instead of diluting it towards 3 different titles in 3 years

10. Logos, Yes we will have to pay for NHL and NHLPA Licensing since offline you play your career in up to the NHL, which means AHL and Most likely college and a few other leagues.. along wiht that online, you have a logo editor or you can import a picture of your logo from a camera of thru Windows Media Extender, Clans can also design their own Home, Away and Alternate Jerseys Using a "Jersey Editor"....

11. Officiating, Challenges And Penalties, not NFL style challenges, but during a stoppage in play, you can challenge a players equipment, and when playing online, if your in the box, yes, you sit and watch from there :).. and Officating at this point we were going to design a system were random players outside of the session that are waiting in say "ref lobbies" are brout in and marked as refs and they skate around, and when a penalty is committed within a certain viewing cone, the screen will give them the option to call it or not (ie. Call Hooking Penalty, YES (X), NO (B).. stuff like that but we also figure evertually clans would plant refs.. so we'd have to have a way to filter that or make it so the game automatically calls penalties when within an AIs View

12. Sound, the game would have dynamic sounds, which means you voice only goes so far away from your player and only in a certain directional range online, so you can hear and talk to your teammates as if you were really playing... Crowd Chats and Rants.... (ie. Lets Go xxxx, or SHOOT THE PUCK!),

13. Shooting and Passing, Reticle Based, but with a 2nd Reticle that shows Where the puck could Possibly go (ie, the main Dot in the center, and a Roing that changes sizes depending on speed, angle, Player Attributes etc (Similar to First Person Shooters), Which means to Perfect passing By the AI, YOU have to Determine Distance and Lead and stuff, Shooting the further your away the more the puck drops or drifts to the side... etc etc

14. Achivements for 360 Live (Of Course if you win stuff.. Ir Scoring title it gives you gamer score and stuff, but you'd also get acheivements for hunderds of other things similar to 2k sports challenges)

JD
01-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Do you have a job? I'm just messing with you. Good ideas though, pretty damn indept! Next Year: EA Sports Presents.... NHL Zilla '07.