• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I LOVED what I heard from Marv!!!!

He wants to bring back character to the Bills:

Sorry Lex- But players arent gonna wag the coaches anymore. Marv isnt gonna stand for a Moulds type of act. It was negative and wont be tolerated under Marv. Furthermore, it isnt that much of a leap to believe that he wont standby and let the players be a locker room problem if start players that arent favorites.

He recongnizes that even Superbowl QB's need to be developed ON the field:

I think the exact comment was that Aikman lost 15 games before he won one. That means the front office and the team stood by and watched them lose 15 games before starting to feel good about Aikman. NOT 4. It goes a long way to answer the QB mess. If you add up the character comment and the Aikman comment, Levy seems to say he aint worried about what the players think, if Losman has the POTENTIAL to be great or even good enough, he plays, end of story.

He mentioned that teams can turn from bad to good in one offseason with free agency and the draft

If you were a fan of the bargain basement shopping under TD, youd better get ready for some big changes. Levy is talking about making a major splash to drastically improve through the draft or free agency. That means spending big money on big talents, hopefully its smart money.

He mentioned that he will rely heavily on the personnel guys and make strong group decisions

This is a change from the emperor TD mentality. Its going to bring the true opinions of each of Tom M, Mularkey, and others out of the woodwork where they now will feel comfortable enough to do so. I like it, I think it bring a breath of fresh air and can motivate the fornt office. Also, he said he will be a part of contract negotiations but wont be the guy doing it. That works well, Modrak can easily handle that role and keep us from making Butler contracts. But Marv wont be stuck using TD's cheapo route and we can get the big names. Furthermore, if the player is just sky high on what they want, you can count on Modrak to recommend we dont do it.

Overall, its exactly what I wanted to see. We will rebuild our sense of high character, with players much more like Jordan rather than TO, Lets hope Moulds can convince Levy he isnt what he showed that week. He is very willing to start a green QB with franchise potential, he wants to make strong group decisions and is open to all opinions.

I love where we are at right now. We may have the best of all worlds. The first real test comes in who we cut, and our first signing. We should be able to analyze who we didnt sign, who we did, and how much they got. I fully expect to see some big contracts that TD just would never have done.

Its gonna be really really fun.

Working...
X