PDA

View Full Version : JP Lovers Do Not Read This

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 12:23 PM
If you think JP is the answer and all he needs is more experience, I respect that take, although I don't happen to agree.

If you have grave, grave concerns about JP's apparent lack of intelligence, his pocket awareness and his accuracy, things that may never dramatically improve, consider this alternative.

Vince Young's all world performance in the Rose Bowl has made it a distinct possibility that Houston will draft him, not Reggie Bush, #1. He's from Houston and the airwaves are buzzing with the possibility. In that case, it means former #1 overall pick David Carr will be available. Houston may ask for a #1 pick for Carr, but IMO they are not likely to get one, a 2nd would probably be enough. Yes, Carr has been sacked more than groceries at the local Piggly Wiggly in the past four years. But at only age 26 I think he could still turn it around if we committ to rebuilding our OL. JP is IMO a long term project and even in a best case scenario it'll be years before he's producing at a high level. If we moved JP for a late 2nd or 3rd, the move wouldn't cost us much.

The problem for JP here is he's no where near ready for prime time and you have in Mularkey the equivalent of a lame duck coach- he has to have a winning season next year to survive. If he goes with JP and we have another horrid start, which is a very distinct possibility, it'll be back to the Holcomb "let's try and win some games" carousel. I like Holcomb but he is what he is, an average to slightly above average NFL QB. But that's a lot better than JP, at least right now. So Carr is worth some thought IMO.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Good post! How about this... franchise Nate Clements, then trade him to Houston straight up for Carr? Pretty good trade...

Jon

L.A. Playa
offer them a 3 this year and next year for Carr and bring him in IF you fix the OL first

Philagape
Since your ******ed posts are on ignore, I can't read it anyway :D

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah I would bring him in. Would much rather have him than stupid Holcomb.

Philagape
How bout that Cowboys-Rams game???

Iehoshua
David Carr?
:wtf:

Why do you want to downgrade? I expected you to be at least making some argument that we move up for Leinhart or Young, that would've made a bit more sense coming from you, not trading for Tim Couch the 2nd...

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
David Carr?

Why do you want to downgrade? I expected you to be at least making some argument that we move up for Leinhart or Young, that would've made a bit more sense coming from you, not trading for Tim Couch the 2nd...

Carr is a downgrade from Holcomb and Losman? Please.

Jon

don137
01-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Trey Wingo was on the local sports station this morning and its sounds like the brass of the Texans think too much money is invested into Carr. He has a 8 million dollar bonus in March and they intend to pay him. He said from what he was told by the Texans that there is no way they go after Young.

Plus what makes no sense is Carr is young enough to turn it around by Losman isn't.

L.A. Playa
01-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Trey Wingo is a dork, it will be a PR disaster if Young comes out and the Texans dont take him

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 12:30 PM

Jon
Carr's record as it stands is just as bad as Ryan Leaf's.

Would you want to go out and get him too?

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Tim Couch the second?

I really don't see that when I see Carr - I see a tough QB that has a line worse then ours in front of him that still manages some solid play - but needs more nurturing.

L.A. Playa
01-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I hear Ryan Leaf is washing cars now

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I think it's a toss up. Obviously they have the choice to go in two dramatically different directions. Do you unload a guy that you have paid a lot of money and go after a local hero who has a lot of mobility (Young), and trade Carr for some picks or defense? Or, do you keep Carr since you have a large investment with him, and draft Reggie Bush? Or do you draft Leinart? They probably won't do the latter, probably Young or Bush.

Jon

The last buffalo fan
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM

:bf1: :bf1:

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Carr's record as it stands is just as bad as Ryan Leaf's.

Would you want to go out and get him too?

The only guy in this discussion that has legimitate comparisons to Ryan Leaf is J.P. Losman, and that's because he has a world of talent, but an even bigger attitude.

Tim Couch the second?

I really don't see that when I see Carr - I see a tough QB that has a line worse then ours in front of him that still manages some solid play - but needs more nurturing.

Agree 100%. And he has a strong arm, great attitude, and is accurate with the football when given time. He can move around the pocket pretty good too. If someone ever gives this guy a line, he's gonna be a good one.

Jon

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd take Losman's attitude over Leaf's any day of the year.

Philagape
01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
We do not need another QB. We have a prospect who needs experience and a solid veteran backup, and many other needs to spend money on. Case closed.

HAMMER
01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Trey Wingo is a dork, it will be a PR disaster if Young comes out and the Texans dont take him

PR disaster, not quite. Besides, you don't let fans dictate who you draft just because he is a hometown boy. The Texans have not invested enough in their O-Line, Carr is not the problem.

Philagape
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
JP's attitude is better than any veteran who won't give his all for him.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
JP's attitude is better than any veteran who won't give his all for him.

I'm not saying Eric Moulds is right, but to play Devil's Advocate, ever wonder what kinds of things have been going on all year that we haven't heard about that's led to that stance by him, and possibly some other teammates who remain more silent about it?

Jon

Philagape
01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm not saying Eric Moulds is right, but to play Devil's Advocate, ever wonder what kinds of things have been going on all year that we haven't heard about that's led to that stance by him, and possibly some other teammates who remain more silent about it?

Jon

No, because I don't give a **** about rumors.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 12:41 PM
The only guy in this discussion that has legimitate comparisons to Ryan Leaf is J.P. Losman, and that's because he has a world of talent, but an even bigger attitude.

The Carr-era Texans are 18-46. The Chargers went 19-45 in Leaf's three seasons and the one after that.

If that's not a legit comparison, I don't know what is. You may like Carr and that's fine, you're entitled to, just making the point.

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Good post! How about this... franchise Nate Clements, then trade him to Houston straight up for Carr? Pretty good trade...

Jon

No, I would absolutely demand at least a mid first for Clements. Carr won't generate that because teams will know that Houston wants to take Young #1, AND Carr hasn't had a solid season yet- buyer's market.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
The Carr-era Texans are 18-46. The Chargers went 19-45 in Leaf's three seasons and the one after that.

If that's not a legit comparison, I don't know what is. You may like Carr and that's fine, you're entitled to, just making the point.

I understand, and the records are comparable, I just think Carr has a lot more upside than Leaf. I didn't like Leaf BEFORE the draft, I thought he would be a bust. The guy is a loose cannon. Carr's got the tools and a good head on his shoulders. He has no team around him.

No, because I don't give a **** about rumors.

How about J.P.'s potential? That's all speculation also.

Rumor has it the Saints are looking to trade down. How about trade Losman and our #1 for Reggie Bush (#2 pick) and Aaron Brooks. You could then turn around if you wanted and franchise Clements and trade him to the Texans for Carr. You'd have Aaron Brooks and Carr as your quarterbacks to duke it out (send Holcomb packing). You'd also have Reggie Bush and McGahee in the same backfield. Losman would be back in New Orleans, where he want to college and would probably be well-received. Pick up a LT, LG, maybe a C, and a big DT in free agency/draft, and you've got yourself a retooled team with a lot of firepower and good lines up front.

Jon

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 12:58 PM

The difference between Carr and Leaf...

in the words of Marv Levy...

CHARACTER.

enough said.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 12:59 PM

CHARACTER.

enough said.

:goodpost:

Jon

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 01:01 PM

CHARACTER.

enough said.

Drew Bledsoe had great character, too.

We saw first hand how that turned out.

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
David Carr?

Moving up would cost a ton. If we were picking 4th it might be worth some conversation but I honestly can't see us having the ammo to move up 5-7 spots.

I don't see as a downgrade short or long term vs. JP. Carr is certainly a question mark also but he looks like he could be ok to me. But what I like about that deal would be a) it wouldn't cost us much and b) we'd have a much better chance of being competitive next year.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Darth Takeo

David Carr?

Mudflap1

There is a reason some of you Bill fans deserve the team you have!! Are you people really this dumb??? JP is an upgrade to Carr?? Were you people droped on your heads as children?? Do you even watch football?? Was Carr pulled from games ?? No!! Carr had a much worse team, but still put up much better numbers then JP.

David Carr - Passing (423/256 60.5 pct.2488yrds) (TD/INT 14-11)
Rushing (56/308) 5.5 ypc.

JP Lossman - Passing (228/113 49.6 1340 yrds) (TD/INT 8-8)
Rushing (31-154) 5.0 ypc.

Now I know with the nubers right in front of your face you're not going to continue the ridiculous bias opinions...Right!?!?!?! How can you call yourselves football fans and you don't even try to know what you're talking about before you post. It's not like you don't have the means to get the info before you post!! Obviously if you're here posting you have access to the internet and can do simple research. Carr would be a huge upgrde to your QB position and is also why the Texans will most likely pass on V.Young and pay Carrs 8 million dollar bonus and take R.Bush.

The only reason the Texans would take Young would be because of a fan revolt aginst the organization to pressure them to take hometown boy Young. If that were to happen and the Texans were to move Carr there would be a whole bunch of teams lined up to take Carr off their hands. There is no way in H*** teams would line up to take JP off the Bills hands. Lossman could be traded, but not for more then a 5th or 6th rd pick. You people crack me up.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Moving up would cost a ton. If we were picking 4th it might be worth some conversation but I honestly can't see us having the ammo to move up 5-7 spots.

I don't see as a downgrade short or long term vs. JP. Carr is certainly a question mark also but he looks like he could be ok to me. But what I like about that deal would be a) it wouldn't cost us much and b) we'd have a much better chance of being competitive next year.
In your opinion we'd have a better chance. In my opinion we'd be less competitive with Carr starting here.

Losman looks like he could be okay to me. Difference of viewpoint. Regardless, why give up anything at all when Losman has just as much potential (lots more I believe)as Carr? You may not think so but the evidence as it stands is pretty convincing.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 01:15 PM
There is a reason some of you Bill fans deserve the team you have!! Are you people really this dumb??? JP is an upgrade to Carr?? Were you people droped on your heads as children?? Do you even watch football?? Was Carr pulled from games ?? No!! Carr had a much worse team, but still put up much better numbers then JP.

David Carr - Passing (423/256 60.5 pct.2488yrds) (TD/INT 14-11)
Rushing (56/308) 5.5 ypc.

JP Lossman - Passing (228/113 49.6 1340 yrds) (TD/INT 8-8)
Rushing (31-154) 5.0 ypc.

Now I know with the nubers right in front of your face you're not going to continue the ridiculous bias opinions...Right!?!?!?! How can you call yourselves football fans and you don't even try to know what you're talking about before you post. It's not like you don't have the means to get the info before you post!! Obviously if you're here posting you have access to the internet and can do simple research. Carr would be a huge upgrde to your QB position and is also why the Texans will most likely pass on V.Young and pay Carrs 8 million dollar bonus and take R.Bush.

The only reason the Texans would take Young would be because of a fan revolt aginst the organization to pressure them to take hometown boy Young. If that were to happen and the Texans were to move Carr there would be a whole bunch of teams lined up to take Carr off their hands. There is no way in H*** teams would line up to take JP off the Bills hands. Lossman could be traded, but not for more then a 5th or 6th rd pick. You people crack me up. Carr has started 64 games. How many has Losman started again?

You crack me up, a Phin fan attempting to talk logic about football is funny enough. Why don't you trade Smokey Williams for Carr if he's so wonderful. Oh, you have the answer, King Frerotte the Journeyman Wonder.

:rofl:
:squish:

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Let's put it this way: I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities for us to go after a "Thurman Thomas-like back" (Reggie Bush) somehow with Marv leading the ship. You have to think like Marv and listen to what he says. He even alluded to Reggie Bush during his press conference, saying (paraphrasing) that he doesn't need any tape to realize that Bush is a great player. He also alluded to the draft with Thurman Thomas (as did Ralph) saying how he was such a great find for the Bills.

On the other side, you have Mike Martz who is interested in coaching the Saints. He wants to throw the ball. Yes, Bush is coveted by many and is a Marshall Faulk-type also, but the Saints have openly stated they are looking to trade down for more picks and players. It's wild, but I don't think it's unrealistic if you think like Marv to try to package a combination of Losman/Mike Williams/draft picks (the #1, etc.) for the #2 and the rights to Bush, and maybe a throw in like Aaron Brooks who is disgruntled there. Losman went to Tulane. If there was anyplace he could go to play other than Buffalo, New Orleans would probably be the best fit to welcome him. He also might be the "wild card" quarterback that someone such as Mike Martz (a wild card coach) might want to take a shot at, along with other draft picks and players.

In addition, as we all seem to know here, Carr may indeed also become available due to the rising stock of Vince Young. if Carr becomes available, we could franchise Clements and trade him straight up for Carr, or, if you think Clements is too much, trade a pick in next year's draft or something. Again, not totally out of the realm of possibilities.

There's one thing for sure, Marv knows football, and is going to evaluate the quarterback position very carefully. He may not want to live in the past, but he knows the "type" of player he needs at that position, and we all know what that "type" is. If he decides it's not Losman, don't be surprised if there are some big moves.

I admit, it's a wild thought, but it's not impossible.

Jon

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM

That's what makes this QB thing so hard. There are a lot of factors to consider about the QB himself and the supporting cast. We could be buying David Leaf or keeping JP Leaf.

Here's one of my concerns about JP. The guy was here in 2003, didn't play but he was here supposedly learning the offense, went through TC before getting hurt. Then he goes through a 2nd TC, same offense, and as the starter looks not just like the game is too fast for him, that's true of any rookie, but that the coaches can't get him to run the full playbook or even close to it. His main play seems to be a fly pattern down the sidelines. When Holcomb is in the game we're running crossing routes and a whole bunch of other stuff which requires the hint of gray matter to be successful. Is that just because JP's inexperienced? It's possible, but why wouldn't JP at least know the offense cold after a year and a half? Just asking. David Carr may/may not make it but I've never heard that he wasn't bright.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 01:21 PM
The Texans really don't need Smokey Williams - if they were smart, they'd trade down and build that line, if they don't, I'd be all for dumping Holcombe, and Matthews, and trading Nate to the Texans for Carr and a 5th or something and then letting Carr and Losman battle it out - the winner starts, the loser gets to be backup for the remainder of their contract, and we draft nothing but Lineman with a midround CB.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Carr has started 64 games. How many has Losman started again?

You crack me up, a Phin fan attempting to talk logic about football is funny enough. Why don't you trade Smokey Williams for Carr if he's so wonderful. Oh, you have the answer, King Frerotte the Journeyman Wonder.

:squish:

This is your argument???? This is how you defend your logic??? What does a Miami fan or their QB situation have to do with your lack of knowledge?? Wow... you're pathetic, you just keep being what you are and I'll continue to enjoy the fact that your whole world is Buffalo and you have absolutely no knowledge of anything else. I guess you think JP is MVP of the league too right??:lmao:

jmb1099
01-06-2006, 01:27 PM
And yet more intelligent "football" talk from FTP. You simply don't want Losman to pan out well because your idol Feely didn't after you predicted he would be the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. I can't wait to see you guys get your buts handed to you this Sunday when you play...um...oh thats right your not in the playoffs either and to think if you could have beaten us just one more time you might have had a shot. Say...now that I think about it, we kept you out of the playoffs! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! OMG this is the best thing ever! Live with that your entire offseason!

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
This is your argument???? This is how you defend your logic??? What does a Miami fan or their QB situation have to do with your lack of knowledge?? Wow... you're pathetic, you just keep being what you are and I'll continue to enjoy the fact that your whole world is Buffalo and you have absolutely no knowledge of anything else. I guess you think JP is MVP of the league too right??:lmao:

The argument is you're comparing a QB with 4 years starting experience to one with not even 1 full year. That's plain dumb.

It seems all you do anyway is talk smack, trying to demean Buffalo and its fans, so that reveals the class of person you are, not worth the time of day.

:bigwave:

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
In your opinion we'd have a better chance. In my opinion we'd be less competitive with Carr starting here.

Losman looks like he could be okay to me. Difference of viewpoint. Regardless, why give up anything at all when Losman has just as much potential (lots more I believe)as Carr? You may not think so but the evidence as it stands is pretty convincing.

You're right, it's all opinion and we all want the end result to be Bills victories. To me, your position is a harder one to justify in the short term for one simple reason: JP Losman is near the beginning of the three year learning curve it takes to be a competant NFL QB, Carr is already seasoned. As a result, Carr did mediocre to OK on the worst team in football, JP did fair to poor on a team maybe one notch up from that. It's possible it may not be a beauty contest in either case. But Carr is a lot closer to a winning QB RIGHT NOW than JP, just look at their #'s.

But the wildcard in this as I said in the original post is Mularkey. He has to win next year. Another 5-11 and he could be measuring old ladies for size 8 white pumps at the local Thom McCann. So if we're another 4 games into next year with JP and the only bright spot is a few nice deep balls to Lee Evans, we're back to living in Holcomb City. Bank on it. A trade for Carr would at least eliminate any random Holcomb sightings.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
You're right, it's all opinion and we all want the end result to be Bills victories. To me, your position is a harder one to justify in the short term for one simple reason: JP Losman is near the beginning of the three year learning curve it takes to be a competant NFL QB, Carr is already seasoned. As a result, Carr did mediocre to OK on the worst team in football, JP did fair to poor on a team maybe one notch up from that. It's possible it may not be a beauty contest in either case. But Carr is a lot closer to a winning QB RIGHT NOW than JP, just look at their #'s.

But the wildcard in this as I said in the original post is Mularkey. He has to win next year. Another 5-11 and he could be measuring old ladies for size 8 white pumps at the local Thom McCann. So if we're another 4 games into next year with JP and the only bright spot is a few nice deep balls to Lee Evans, we're back to living in Holcomb City. Bank on it. A trade for Carr would at least eliminate any random Holcomb sightings.

Agreed.

Jon

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I've solved all our problems - we wait and see how the Texans handle the David Carr issues, give McNally some line talent to work with, and if it's feasible, trade Clements to Houston for Carr and a 5th if they go after Young. Carr CAN WIN RIGHT NOW FOR US.

don137
01-06-2006, 01:42 PM

Dork or not I am just saying what he heard from inside the Houston organization. He was pretty adamant about there stance too. Not sure about the PR disaster. If the Eagles listened to their fans RW would of been drafted by them instead of McNabb.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I've solved all our problems - we wait and see how the Texans handle the David Carr issues, give McNally some line talent to work with, and if it's feasible, trade Clements to Houston for Carr and a 5th if they go after Young. Carr CAN WIN RIGHT NOW FOR US.

I said:

You could then turn around if you wanted and franchise Clements and trade him to the Texans for Carr.

Thank you for agreeing with me..... :peace:

Jon

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 01:48 PM
But Clements for Carr straight up may be too much - I'd say Clements for Carr and a fifth (hopefully this year's 5th).

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
We'll see. I think we are overvaluing Clements or undervaluing Carr -- one or the other. Nevertheless, yes, someone can throw in a mid to low round draft choice as cannon fodder if needed to even it out.

Jon

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Overvaluing Carr...

Kerr
01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
It's hard to evaluate Carr playing behind such an awful team, but JP is getting at least one more year. Would the Bills trade for David Carr to backup JP in case Jp faulters? I doubt David Carr wants to be a backup in this league. He has talent and some team will give him a shot. As far losman goes, leave it to Marv to judge whether he's truly a character player or not.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
It's hard to evaluate Carr playing behind such an awful team, but JP is getting at least one more year. Would the Bills trade for David Carr to backup JP in case Jp faulters? I doubt David Carr wants to be a backup in this league. He has talent and some team will give him a shot. As far losman goes, leave it to Marv to judge whether he's truly a character player or not.

Once again, we can't just name JP the starter - we need to let him and Carr battle it out in training camp (I think the experience factor will win out here, but if JP gives him a run for him money, or he gets hurt and JP comes in and lights it up, we go back to Carr until Carr gets tired of having JP looking over his shoulder and faulters).

I think Marv likes Losman, but Carr with a line in front of him would make us bona fide contenders I think (it would definitely do a better job of keeping our D off the field thus making them better through inaction and keeping them rested)

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Exactly right! If there's one guy out there who can evaluate a quarterback and decide whether he has the intangibles and character (along with the talent) to be a good quarterback, I believe Marv Levy can judge that.

Jon

Kerr
01-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Once again, we can't just name JP the starter - we need to let him and Carr battle it out in training camp (I think the experience factor will win out here, but if JP gives him a run for him money, or he gets hurt and JP comes in and lights it up, we go back to Carr until Carr gets tired of having JP looking over his shoulder and faulters).

I think Marv likes Losman, but Carr with a line in front of him would make us bona fide contenders I think (it would definitely do a better job of keeping our D off the field thus making them better through inaction and keeping them rested)

That's reasonable, but isn't Ralph Wilson the one who wants this to be Jp's team next season? I like Carr, but I think there's a better chance of them signing another young guy(backup money) like McCown or Harrington to compete for the job.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't think Ralph would argue with that direction if he was convinced it was a winning direction.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
The argument is you're comparing a QB with 4 years starting experience to one with not even 1 full year. That's plain dumb.

It seems all you do anyway is talk smack, trying to demean Buffalo and its fans, so that reveals the class of person you are, not worth the time of day.

:bigwave:

JP has been with the Bills long enough to know the system and build a relationship with the team and receievers. Like most Bill fans it's everyone and everything but JP!! Lack of experience works if we are talking about a veteran and a rookie. JP isn't a rookie and Carr isn't a veteran. Stop making excuses. I don't just talk smack, it's your way of avoiding the fact you are bias and you're trying to change the subject. JP sucks as an NFL QB and he is far from what he should be given the Bills pissed away draft picks to take him. David Carr had a worse team and was sacked more then anyone else this year but his decision making was ten times JP's.

don137
01-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Let's back the truck up and have a reality check for a second. Carr is due an 8 MILLION dollar bonus in March. The Texans are not going to want to pay the bonus and trade him nor will some other team pay his 2006 salary and 8 million dollar bonus for a player that is a 4 year player and not proven...

HAMMER
01-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Let's back the truck up and have a reality check for a second. Carr is due an 8 MILLION dollar bonus in March. The Texans are not going to want to pay the bonus and trade him nor will some other team pay his 2006 salary and 8 million dollar bonus for a player that is a 4 year player and not proven...

Nuff said, close the thread!:goodpost:

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
JP has been with the Bills long enough to know the system and build a relationship with the team and receievers. Like most Bill fans it's everyone and everything but JP!! Lack of experience works if we are talking about a veteran and a rookie. JP isn't a rookie and Carr isn't a veteran. Stop making excuses. I don't just talk smack, it's your way of avoiding the fact you are bias and you're trying to change the subject. JP sucks as an NFL QB and he is far from what he should be given the Bills pissed away draft picks to take him. David Carr had a worse team and was sacked more then anyone else this year but his decision making was ten times JP's.

Well well. Look whose back. The Dolphins had a 9-7 season and here she comes.
If Losman doesn't have a much better year than he did this season I may start to worry, but to say he is a bust after starting like half a season?

Well I'm just going to stop there.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 02:35 PM
JI don't just talk smack, it's your way of avoiding the fact you are bias and you're trying to change the subject.
...and you're not biased? :rofl:

I can't change the subject with you since there is no subject! All you do is post babble and lies.

JP COULD be a bust, but it's too early to tell yet. That's it, period.

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 02:41 PM

The bonus is an issue, but at the end of the day I believe there will be such a groundswell of local support for the drafting of Vince Young that Houston will go that way. This is a team that needs to sell tickets. Vince Young is right now a bigger attraction than even Reggie Bush, at least in Houston. Something could be worked out with the money, if we wanted to go that way.

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
The bonus is an issue, but at the end of the day I believe there will be such a groundswell of local support for the drafting of Vince Young that Houston will go that way. This is a team that needs to sell tickets. Vince Young is right now a bigger attraction than even Reggie Bush, at least in Houston. Something could be worked out with the money, if we wanted to go that way.

Well that's just it, we don't want to go that way, we want you to go away.

:bad:

Philagape
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Carr CAN WIN RIGHT NOW FOR US.

Not if we don't improve our o-line and defense. How about we worry about those first?

HotRod
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Without a better OLine - no qb is going to be completely successful in Buffalo.

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Well that's just it, we don't want to go that way, we want you to go away.

:bad:

And I want to date Kerry Underwood. Tough world isn't it?:funny:

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
And I want to date Kerry Underwood.
:hump:

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
:hump:

Darth I think I've got a better shot than you, that face of yours is pretty damn scary.:funny:

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Without a better OLine - no qb is going to be completely successful in Buffalo.

True. I don't think Marv is going to go the same route on that as TD.

Iehoshua
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
:(

It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

Oh wait, I'm a soul-less Dark Lord. :doh:

DaBills
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Carr 68 sacks this year in 16 games.

Jp 27 in 9 games.

And Carr is better because...?

Let's put it in perspective. Boselli was brought in to help Carr. We drafted Williams to protect Bledsoe. Both linemen ended up being ineffective. Carr has also had the same amount of time as Mike Williams in the league, (as well as Harrington) and he basically looks no better than JP at this point. How is that even close to an improvement?

And we're JP lovers? He was named starter, that's it. I don't love the guy. I just think, if you name a guy starter, let him freakin start. ALL of us (ok, mostly) were willing to give RJ, DB and Flutie their shot. With the rare exception, I can't recall anyone wanting those guys gone after just four games. Tackiling dummy stfu, (jk).

But lack of support by the staff and he lost the position after four games and is trying to work back into it. One of the games he won btw.

:afro:

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM

:posrep:

AndreReed83
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Fan wants and marketing needs aside, the Texans don't need Reggie Bush OR Vince Young, they should trade down and take D'Brickshaw Ferguson. That'd be the smart pick, if they cared about the PLAY ON THE FIELD.

feelthepain
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Carr 68 sacks this year in 16 games.

Jp 27 in 9 games.

And Carr is better because...?

Let's put it in perspective. Boselli was brought in to help Carr. We drafted Williams to protect Bledsoe. Both linemen ended up being ineffective. Carr has also had the same amount of time as Mike Williams in the league, (as well as Harrington) and he basically looks no better than JP at this point. How is that even close to an improvement?

And we're JP lovers? He was named starter, that's it. I don't love the guy. I just think, if you name a guy starter, let him freakin start. ALL of us (ok, mostly) were willing to give RJ, DB and Flutie their shot. With the rare exception, I can't recall anyone wanting those guys gone after just four games. Tackiling dummy stfu, (jk).

But lack of support by the staff and he lost the position after four games and is trying to work back into it. One of the games he won btw.

:afro:

Nothing anybody says will change your mind, if you believe JP is the man then so be it. I'm glad he's not a fin. I love the fact that he will be take time away from the progression of the Bills. Your team will have issues as long as he's your QB it's been the case the last two years and it will be the case again next year. MM's neck is on the line, and he needs to win NOW not three or four years from now. JP does not give the Bills the best chance to win NOW KH does. Bill fans get mad because MM doesn't put JP in and then you get mad because MM doesn't have a winning record. Everyone knows JP is years away from being an NFL QB if ever, but Bill fans want instant gratification. The Bills have far too many issues for everyone on the team to make JP look better then he really is. Not to mention, no one on the team likes JP!!

Bill Cody
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
:(

It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

Oh wait, I'm a soul-less Dark Lord. :doh:

Well that would explain...never mind.:funny:

TigerJ
01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Since I'm still hopeful that Losman will develop, you may not want to hear from me, but here goes. I personally wouldn't do it, but if the Bills were to go in that direction, they might as well try to trade Losman to, because his career in Buffalo would be finished the day that happens.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Not if we don't improve our o-line and defense. How about we worry about those first?

I could have sworn I mentioned addressing the Oline.