PDA

View Full Version : Marv in = Moulds in ?

casdhf
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM
I haven't heard anything about this, but I know Marv Levy loved Eric Moulds coming out of college. He ended up drafting him with his final first round pick, if I remember correctly, or maybe 2nd to last draft. Does this mean that moulds is more than likely coming back? what ya think?

The_Philster
01-06-2006, 01:09 PM
I would hope so...I think Marv and Ralph's influence will help get a deal done to keep Eric a Bill

Ebenezer
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I would agree. In fact, I would bet that we see a rework of that contract before 3/1.

madness
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm thinking Moulds will stay, but a lot depends on who will be the next OC.

Turf
01-06-2006, 01:11 PM
If anyone can mend the situation it would be Marv.

Devin
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I would agree. In fact, I would bet that we see a rework of that contract before 3/1.

:pray:

Kerr
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
The possibility is there, but they might draft someone to wait in the wings and take over for him after he retires, if he decides to stay. I'm not sure Rosoe Parrish is anything more than a special teamer and 3rd receiver. Evans needs some help. My pick in the 2nd round if he's there is Chad Jackson if he declares. He's even been compared to Eric Moulds in some draft circles.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2005-10/19874134.jpg

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:49 PM
If we can restructure Moulds' deal, why not keep him over drafting a guy who is compared to the actual Eric Moulds, who we already have??? Don't give me youth either, Moulds caught 80 balls this year with bad QB play and bad playcalling...

In addition, Roscoe Parrish had a broken wrist all year. That's tough to play with. He probably will not be a number 1 receiver, but he showed some marked improvement by the end of the year that he indeed could be a valuable weapon for this team.

Restructure Moulds and keep him!

Jon

Kerr
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
If we can restructure Moulds' deal, why not keep him over drafting a guy who is compared to the actual Eric Moulds, who we already have??? Don't give me youth either, Moulds caught 80 balls this year with bad QB play and bad playcalling...

In addition, Roscoe Parrish had a broken wrist all year. That's tough to play with. He probably will not be a number 1 receiver, but he showed some marked improvement by the end of the year that he indeed could be a valuable weapon for this team.

Restructure Moulds and keep him!

Jon

But Moulds won't play forever. Every team needs at most three good receivers to succeed. How long will Moulds play? It would probaby be wise to draft his replacement soon.

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm okay with drafting his replacement soon, but I still want to keep Moulds around. Right now though, there are too many needs on this team. I think you beef up the offensive line and defensive line this year, then maybe draft Moulds replacement next year.

Jon

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm thinking Moulds will stay, but a lot depends on who will be the next OC.

What do you mean? What OC wouldn't want E. Moulds? Does anyone actually think there is a designed offense out there that E. Moulds wouldn't fit into?

:funny:

Kerr
01-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm okay with drafting his replacement soon, but I still want to keep Moulds around. Right now though, there are too many needs on this team. I think you beef up the offensive line and defensive line this year, then maybe draft Moulds replacement next year.

Jon

I don't mind Moulds, I just don't want him to go publicly undermine his qb on the sidelines like he did. If they can sign Bently and Hutchinson we would have upgraded our O-line. DT can also be addressed in FA. If they can handle those positions in FA, then they can grab the best player available early in the draft like DE Mario Williams, then draft backups or possible future replacments in the later rounds.

Drive 4 Five
01-06-2006, 02:08 PM
If this franchise is serious about being a contender, Eric Moulds will be a big part of that.

madness
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
What do you mean? What OC wouldn't want E. Moulds? Does anyone actually think there is a designed offense out there that E. Moulds wouldn't fit into?

:funny:

In other words....Moulds will want to know who the OC is before he makes a decision.

DaBills
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
"I think Marv and Ralph's influence will help get a deal done to keep Eric a Bill"

Agree. I think a lot of vets are now going to wait and see what the next moves are, and that maybe the organization is serious about getting this ship righted.

And if Levy in any way can salvage Mike Williams, then we need to find a tall funny hat for him, because that truly would be a miracle.

‘Bishop Levy’ will now start the post-game press conference.

;-p

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I haven't heard anything about this, but I know Marv Levy loved Eric Moulds coming out of college. He ended up drafting him with his final first round pick, if I remember correctly, or maybe 2nd to last draft. Does this mean that moulds is more than likely coming back? what ya think?

I don't think so, Marv is the GM for the football operations side he doesn't do the contracts Modrak will be doing the negotiating and re-negotiating of all of the contracts.

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Didn't ML say he wants "high character" players?

realdealryan
01-07-2006, 12:56 AM
We really need to keep Moulds. That way we can keep the opposition guessing with the traditional Mularkey pregame crap......"I'm gonna make the call later in the week...Losman/Evans or Holcomb/Moulds? Who do you prepare for? No one knows!!!!"

vicmantak
01-07-2006, 07:44 AM
It seems that the MMM (Marv-Mularkey-Moulds) dilemma is simply rising up.

I would say:

Marv strategically involved.
Mularkey sentimentally involved.
Moulds realistically involved.

ublinkwescore
01-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Let's all hope and pray.