PDA

View Full Version : Marv could take 90% of us......

HAMMER
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I am sick of the disrespect that some of this and other boards' members are showing Marv Levy. So he is 80, so what? How many of the people who spend their free time posting 10-30 thousand times on football message boards could hang with Marv? My answer, maybe a few, at best. He runs 3 miles 5X a week, he just wrote a book and conducted a nationwide book tour, he is in the hall of fame! And some of you punks question him?

I say Marv would take 9/10 of this board, me included. If you watched the press conference you know that Marv called for character players, he also wants his fan base to be high character and show the rest of the league what a real Bills fan is about. Show some respect, get behind your team, and quit the whining. Time to step up Bills Nation!

Mudflap1
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Agreed. Cage matches: BillsZoners vs. Marv Levy. Love it. Who is first up versus Marv?

Jon

HHURRICANE
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I am sick of the disrespect that some of this and other boards' members are showing Marv Levy. So he is 80, so what? How many of the people who spend their free time posting 10-30 thousand times on football message boards could hang with Marv? My answer, maybe a few, at best. He runs 3 miles 5X a week, he just wrote a book and conducted a nationwide book tour, he is in the hall of fame! And some of you punks question him?

I say Marv would take 9/10 of this board, me included. If you watched the press conference you know that Marv called for character players, he also wants his fan base to be high character and show the rest of the league what a real Bills fan is about. Show some respect, get behind your team, and quit the whining. Time to step up Bills Nation!

I'm with you!!

FirstDownBills
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM

Ah, finally a man with some sense. :posrep:

Historian
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Agreed.

LtBillsFan66
01-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Marv would even choke out Chuck Norris.

footballhottie
01-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd take him

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Marv vrs Ronnie brown Marv wins

Marv Vrs Ray Lewis Marv Wins

Marv Vrs Tedi Bruschi Marv Wins

Point is marv is the man. Your right so what if he is 80 he is football smart. Would it matter if the bills brought in some new guy that's younger uh no.

Marv is passionate about the bills. I truly believe he will do whats best for the organization. He's not gonna do yard sale shopping like that other guy. Who knows he might even square MM away. I feel better about the next year already so what if marv is 80 he rules all.

Marv vrs the entire league Marv wins

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Take us in what?

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
He is a genious and still very with it, but I know I could kick his ass in a fight.

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
He is a genious and still very with it, but I know I could kick his ass in a fight.

I dunno i heard Marv fights dirty. Bits people, pulls hair, kicks in the groin that kind of stuff.

HAMMER
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM

I doubt it, especially with that fruity avatar you're rockin'

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I doubt it, especially with that fruity avatar you're rockin'
Yeah an Avatar on a computer has anything to do with anything... The guy is 80.

THATHURMANATOR
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I Fing Guarantee it!!!! Stop licking the guy because of his past achievements. I love the guy and respect him greatly but what he did 15 years ago coaching means nothing to me for what his current job entails. He needs to prove to me that he can do it.

Mr. Cynical
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
:shout: :fogey:

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm telling ya he fights dirty

Meathead
01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Marv Vrs Tedi Bruschi Marv Wins

it depends

is marv holding a little kitty hostage

DaBills
Take back the comments about Bruschi. HE IS GOD! Freakin' guy rescues puppies fer cryin' out loud. Show some respect.

;-p

dolphinssuck
Marvs the man plain and simple. Welcome back Marv.:bighug:

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
it depends

Well he does fight dirty so yeah he is

HAMMER
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I Fing Guarantee it!!!! Stop licking the guy because of his past achievements. I love the guy and respect him greatly but what he did 15 years ago coaching means nothing to me for what his current job entails. He needs to prove to me that he can do it.

See last line of par. 1 in my initial post. You are one of those punks, he would work you over like the overstuffed sausage link you are. I'm willing to bet you couldn't run 2 miles w/o pukeing.

tat2dmike77
01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
See last line of par. 1 in my initial post. You are one of those punks, he would work you over like the overstuffed sausage link you are. I'm willing to bet you couldn't run 2 miles w/o pukeing.

:rofl:

FirstDownBills
01-06-2006, 08:14 PM

:lmao:

bernielivsey_1
01-06-2006, 08:31 PM
:calm: I trust Marv to bring our team above the same level as the Cards, Texans, Saints and Detroit. I never thought I would want to be compared to the Bengals, Seahawks and Redskins. Besides the HOPE TD tried to sell us stinks compared to the HOPE Marv is dishing out. I am looking forward to the next 7 months. :tip:

jpdex12
01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=10184&stc=1&d=1136601802

Marv is the friggin man! I can attest to that!

Gentlemen....It is time! Prepare for the Apocolypse.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd take him

If I were there, I'd make sure you didn't even lay a hand on Marv.

ublinkwescore
01-06-2006, 09:42 PM

You wouldn't lay a finger on him either if I was there.

I'll be Marv's body guard.

FirstDownBills
01-06-2006, 09:45 PM
You wouldn't lay a finger on him either if I was there.

I'll be Marv's body guard.

Same here.

JD
01-06-2006, 10:48 PM
marv would so kick your ass thurmmy :snicker:

:ontome:

Dozerdog
01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
it depends

NOOOO!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/untitled%7E4.bmp

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM

I can easily run 2 miles and I am no "punk". I was pretty much joking around about Mr. Levy.(Although I hope I could beat an 80 year old man in a fight).

Why does it piss you off so much that people are questioning his ability to be a GM? He has 0 experience being a GM. Yes he is still sharp and in great shape but the NFL is a grind and requires long hours. Can he do this? Hopefully and no one will be rooting harder but you gotta question it.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM
:lmao:
what is so funny? :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2006, 12:33 AM
marv would so kick your ass thurmmy :snicker:
:ontome:
If he fights dirty like they say he just might!

Dozerdog
01-07-2006, 12:43 AM
20 well known facts about Marv Levy

1- Marv Levy destroyed the periodic table, saying Marv Levy only recognizes the element of surprise.

2- Marv Levy hates playing 'Rock Paper Scissors' because he doesn't believe anything could beat rock. He always chooses rock, and when someone throws paper, he says,"I win." If someone is foolish enough to dispute this, he takes his clenched fist and punches them in the face, then says, "I thought your paper would protect you."

3- Marv Levy scared the black out of Michael Jackson.

4-Marv Levy can walk on water. He can also walk on fire. His preference however, is to walk on fools.

5- Marv Levy has created a laxative. The box contains only a picture of Marv Levy with his arms crossed but that image alone can make a person **** themselves.

6- A common and widespread form of capital punishment in olden times was known as "pitification", where fools, sometimes in large numbers were brought before Marv Levy and pitied to death. Later, the process was deemed too messy and inhumane. Thus, impalement and crucifixion were invented.

7- Marv Levy folds his arms, the U.S. Terror Alert Level is raised to gold.

8-As a child Marv Levy used to go into the sewers of NY and hunt alligators. I know what you are thinking: “There are no alligators in the sewers of NY”. Yeah...Now!

9-Marv Levy speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

10- Google won't search for Marv Levy because it knows you don't find Marv Levy, he finds you.

11 -Marv Levy doesn't pity anyone who likes the Black Eyed Peas. He just kills them.

12-Children are afraid of the dark. Dark is afraid of Marv Levy

13 When Marv Levy received his star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, he made his hand prints after the cement was dry.

14-The last man who made eye contact with Marv Levy was Ray Charles.

15- Marv Levy thinks Cotton is for wusses, therefor his clothes are made of 100% children.

16- Marv Levy coined the phrase, "I see dead people," after the waiting staff at Denny's forgot his birthday.

17- Contrary to popular belief, Marv Levy was not beat by Sylvester Stallone in Rocky III. He actually lost to Stallone's stuntman, Chuck Norris. It took 5 hours of work by a dozen makeup artists to make Chuck Norris ugly enough to be a believable Stallone. Even with Chuck Norris, it was still necessary to use 3 metric tons of animal traquilizers to knock out long enough for a 10 count.

18- The last time Marv Levy went hunting he got a 10 point buck, a white rhino and two bald eagles... He is no longer allowed into the Zoo.

19- Marv Levy once ate four 72 oz. steaks in 12 minutes. He spent the first 5 minutes laughing at the fact it takes Chuck Norris fifteen minutes to eat three.

20-He who disagrees with Marv Levy in private, call him a fool. He who disagrees with Marv Levy in public, call him an ambulance.

realdealryan
01-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Masters from Harvard. Umm....he's somewhat intelligent.

Historian
01-07-2006, 05:54 AM

8-As a child Marv Levy used to go into the sewers of NY and hunt alligators. I know what you are thinking: “There are no alligators in the sewers of NY”. Yeah...Now!

See...this is horse****. Levy grew up in Chicago!

FirstDownBills
01-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I can easily run 2 miles and I am no "punk". I was pretty much joking around about Mr. Levy.(Although I hope I could beat an 80 year old man in a fight).

Why does it piss you off so much that people are questioning his ability to be a GM? He has 0 experience being a GM. Yes he is still sharp and in great shape but the NFL is a grind and requires long hours. Can he do this? Hopefully and no one will be rooting harder but you gotta question it.

Sorry for showing my homerism but I don't question Marv being GM at all. This is not Miami hiring Marino to be GM. Marv knows a whole lot more about football than Marino and he picked up on his philosophies from Bill Polian and John Butler. So I believe he has the right focus for a GM.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2006, 01:34 PM

1- Marv Levy destroyed the periodic table, saying Marv Levy only recognizes the element of surprise.

2- Marv Levy hates playing 'Rock Paper Scissors' because he doesn't believe anything could beat rock. He always chooses rock, and when someone throws paper, he says,"I win." If someone is foolish enough to dispute this, he takes his clenched fist and punches them in the face, then says, "I thought your paper would protect you."

3- Marv Levy scared the black out of Michael Jackson.

4-Marv Levy can walk on water. He can also walk on fire. His preference however, is to walk on fools.

5- Marv Levy has created a laxative. The box contains only a picture of Marv Levy with his arms crossed but that image alone can make a person **** themselves.

6- A common and widespread form of capital punishment in olden times was known as "pitification", where fools, sometimes in large numbers were brought before Marv Levy and pitied to death. Later, the process was deemed too messy and inhumane. Thus, impalement and crucifixion were invented.

7- Marv Levy folds his arms, the U.S. Terror Alert Level is raised to gold.

9-Marv Levy speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

10- Google won't search for Marv Levy because it knows you don't find Marv Levy, he finds you.

11 -Marv Levy doesn't pity anyone who likes the Black Eyed Peas. He just kills them.

12-Children are afraid of the dark. Dark is afraid of Marv Levy

13 When Marv Levy received his star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, he made his hand prints after the cement was dry.

14-The last man who made eye contact with Marv Levy was Ray Charles.

15- Marv Levy thinks Cotton is for wusses, therefor his clothes are made of 100% children.

16- Marv Levy coined the phrase, "I see dead people," after the waiting staff at Denny's forgot his birthday.

17- Contrary to popular belief, Marv Levy was not beat by Sylvester Stallone in Rocky III. He actually lost to Stallone's stuntman, Chuck Norris. It took 5 hours of work by a dozen makeup artists to make Chuck Norris ugly enough to be a believable Stallone. Even with Chuck Norris, it was still necessary to use 3 metric tons of animal traquilizers to knock out long enough for a 10 count.

18- The last time Marv Levy went hunting he got a 10 point buck, a white rhino and two bald eagles... He is no longer allowed into the Zoo.

19- Marv Levy once ate four 72 oz. steaks in 12 minutes. He spent the first 5 minutes laughing at the fact it takes Chuck Norris fifteen minutes to eat three.

20-He who disagrees with Marv Levy in private, call him a fool. He who disagrees with Marv Levy in public, call him an ambulance.

Dang Marv should Hire Chuck norris as a consultant.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry for showing my homerism but I don't question Marv being GM at all. This is not Miami hiring Marino to be GM. Marv knows a whole lot more about football than Marino and he picked up on his philosophies from Bill Polian and John Butler. So I believe he has the right focus for a GM.

Marv is a freaking genious so hopefully it will work out. We do need to get some solid coordinators...

FirstDownBills
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Marv is a freaking genious so hopefully it will work out. We do need to get some solid coordinators...

Definately.

The_Philster
01-07-2006, 02:52 PM
:rofl: Dozer