PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Busts:

WG
08-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Considering that many were tried-out and the starters didn't play the entire game...

Game Balls:

Drew (Very efficient)
STs
Moorman (nice 46.0 yd. avg.)
Moulds (for stepping up to play like he's supposed to)

Goats:

DL for not being able to stuff a couple of no-name RBs, even the first unit allowing over 4 ypc.
DL for not being able to get one stinkin' sack against Kitna w/ not a receiver worth mentioning other than Warrick and 2nd-string RBs in there.
Henry (7 carries for 11 yards, the key to this O for the season)

justasportsfan
08-10-2002, 12:55 PM
I remember last year when the list wasn't that long for the game balls.

Novacane
08-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Game Balls
Bledsoe
Gilbride.....for getting the ball in the hands of our best offensive player unlike the moron we had calling play last season.

Goats.
Flowers....I watched him specifically on about 10 plays. This guy needs to be cut.
Larson.......If we were not weak at DL this bum would not stand a chance of making the team.

WG
08-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Keep in mind tho, that Larsen didn't play football until his Jr. and Sr. years in college I think. He was signed as a project who's got very unusual strength. He gets paid accordingly, so if we kept him, especially considering how thin we are at talented DL-men, I think it'd be OK.

You're right about Flowers. If he played as horribly as you said he did, then I agree w/ ya. Again, I didn't see the game. It'd better be on next week... : [

Novacane
08-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Flowers just looks lost out there? They could pay a rookie min salary to do what he does. He's a gonner IMO.

If Larson would just tie up his own blocker I would be happy. He does not even do that!

Captain gameboy
08-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Balls.
Wire. Welcome to the NFL. Ya did good.
Gilbride-let 'em air it out.
Bledsoe, not just bercause of his performance, but he said all the right things post game. The O'line did not protect him all that well, and didn't have a steller night run blocking, but he exuded confidence in them. They're young and this is important.

Goats.
The D'lineman who may not start but will get significant playing time.

lordofgun
08-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Balls:
Bledsoe: (Incredible. The offense was SOOO fun to watch!)
Oline: I thought they had good pass protection. The first sack was becauser they were trying to go long, the second on Bledsoe he should have thrown away.
Coy Wire: The man was everywhere! The secondary in general had some GREAT hits!

Goats:
Entire Dline: Couldn't stop ANYONE. No pressure.
Flowers: Missed an easy sack. Akili shed him like he wasn't there.

The_Philster
08-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Balls:
Bledsoe looked almost as good as advertised
McDaniel....nice catch may help earn him a better look throughout the rest of preseason
M Williams...looked pretty good ...will only get better
Nate Clements...he ROCKED!!!
E Moulds...what can i say?
honorable mention to the Jills....choreography was very good...looked in midseason form (only disappointment was that Mickey forgot who I was :( )

Goats:
Oline...couldn't open up holes in the running game...we NEED Ruben back and maybe we should swap Teague and Jonas back?
DLine...couldn't plug up holes in the running game