PDA

View Full Version : Rb situation

Kerr
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Recently we've been hearing the term, "high character" a lot as a reflection of what Marv Levy expects to have as players on the team. Do you think this excludes Willis Mcgahee? Mcgahee has never really had any off field problems, but his attitude and lack of motivation this year and the fact that he's linked to drew rosenhous has the potential to be trouble down the road. Do you think Marv will decide to trade him if he can get a more proven rb?

This brings me Ahman Green. He is an unrestricted free agent. He's in his late 20's, but he is one of the fastest rb's in the league. I have seen him break many plays. The only real problem in this career for him has been holding on to the ball. It seems he has improved on that. This guy is no stranger to playing in cold weather(nebraska, green bay) so he shouldn't have a problem running in it. Having said that, I would love for Levy to bring him in. He's a 4 time pro bowler and knows how to hit the holes and find running room. We wouldn't have to worry about a struggling running game. I figure he has a few years left before he hangs it up since he'd be 30 in a year or two. Rb's don't generally play for long in this league as we all know.
I really think he would be an upgrade over Mcgahee. If Levy could get him in, it would be one of the best FA pickups for this team, along with the signing of either/both hutchinson and bently.

bernielivsey_1
01-06-2006, 08:44 PM
:dozer: A 5-11 season with a subpar coaching staff would try anyones dedication. I like Ahman but I'm not ready to give up on Willis. If were gonna give MM another year to show his stuff Willis should get the same grace period. :club:

don137
01-06-2006, 09:14 PM
WM IMO is not a team player...I think he lets Drew Rosenhaus do the thinking for him and as a result is more about himself than the team...

LifetimeBillsFan
01-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Green has been injured two years in a row now and will be coming off of a pretty serious knee injury. I'd be very concerned about his durability and whether his latest injury would impact his speed.

I think that Willis was very dissatisfied with the way that he was used this season and by the fact that the offensive line was so poor and his play reflected this. I expect M.Levy to emphasize the need to run the ball--something that he always did and considered essential, even in the K-Gun offense--and to make significant improvements in the offensive line in the off-season. I also expect Marv to have some discussions with Willis as part of his "getting everyone on the same page" approach that could prove to be productive. I would have to give McGahee another year as the featured back and give him the ball consistently behind a decent O-line rather than try to replace him with a guy who is starting to show wear-and-tear and may not be able to get back to being the player that he was a couple of years ago. Also, if Favre does stay, Green Bay may be interested in bringing Green back and be willing to pay more than Buffalo if Green is able to recover fully from his injury.